Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Training & Nutrition Questions or Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    Dude,this year at the New Englands I was walking around like a junkie looking for a fast food restaurant and could find nothing at all......finally I settled for 3 big brownies and a large coffee as it was the only thing I could find that was half way appealing to me.

Once I got back to the hotel and showered it was pizza,Burger King,pizza,McDonalds,pizza,then Chinese take out followed bu more pizza!!
    How did you feel the next day.

After the one show I did, I ate so much that night and the following day, that my stomach was sore for about a week.

I was OK this time, but one time I ate so much I had to lie down in bed on my side...it literally felt like I had swallowed a watermelon whole....I try not to go too crazy usually these days.

A buddy of mine who competed in the 80`s and won a lot of contests, once went to an all you can eat buffet after a show,he literally ate until he fell out of his chair onto the restaurant floor, and started hyperventilating.....the paramedics had to come and take him to the hospital,the dude could always out eat any one of us at anytime.
    Strictly Business

Iron Addict

i just ate a baja fresh burrito

thats all!

vargasty

what's up brother... I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with.
    1.) Is waxy Maze Starch by True Protein the exact same thing as the patented vitargo by Professional Supplements that all the Pro's "Use"? some people say it is the same and others say Vitargo has a higher molecular weight and is therefore the better choice.
    2.) Do you advocate a cheat meal/day when dieting nad should you watch the calories or eat hwatever you want for that meal/day?

Banned

Thanks tim I don't want to have a bad experience after my show but I do want to eat some bad shit lol

Tim,How is the back. I hope it is not anything serious,and everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    what's up brother... I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with.
    1.) Is waxy Maze Starch by True Protein the exact same thing as the patented vitargo by Professional Supplements that all the Pro's "Use"? some people say it is the same and others say Vitargo has a higher molecular weight and is therefore the better choice.
    2.) Do you advocate a cheat meal/day when dieting nad should you watch the calories or eat hwatever you want for that meal/day?
    1.)Never tried WM or vitargo.....sorry.

2.)I only cheat when I get down to a very lean bodweight..........for example,no cheating at all,just did 2 contests back to back so I may cheat here and there since I have a bit of time before my next show.

Too many guys nowadays cheat right at the start of their diet.....get lean first,a "cheat" if not lean should just be a higher carb day composed of the same clean carbs in your diet,just more of them.

Oldschoo l= no cheating!!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by nabba65pp View Post
    Tim,How is the back. I hope it is not anything serious,and everything works out.
    Thanks Bob,my back would typically go out on me about every 2 months,it would be terrible for about a week or so,then it would be fine again.

In 2004 after one of these typical occurences,it was fucked up for 7 months during which time I was prepping for 5 shows.......been pretty god since it healed,took about a year to get it back to about 90% IMO.

This morning ,it doesn`t feel too bad....yesterday I could barely walk..go figure.

I`ll see how it goes as the day goes on,I`m hoping for the best.

On a sidenote,reverse hyperextensions is the single best exercise on the planet for re-habbing a bad back if you can do them without undue pain.
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guns View Post
    Thanks tim I don't want to have a bad experience after my show but I do want to eat some bad shit lol
    Dude,you earned it,just don`t get too crazy or you`ll regret it!
    Strictly Business

Default hi Tim

was told you could help me a bit.... my story is:

Guys, need little help, i am a male 38 years old, 192 lb, 6ft, 16 body fat, being working out regularly for 6 months (i started last year, after 7 months had an accident, had to stop for 3 months, then started again for 6 months so far...), I have gained 13 lb of muscle but I still have a small layer of fat, it is really hard to improve much more at my age… I am taking 17HD (almost done with the first bottle), plus protein, and mega mix vitamins from gnc, but this is it, I am not growing anymore, just started a new traninig schedule, working out 2 mayor muscle per day 8 reps/ 8 sets.

Anyway, today I found this forum and figured maybe a few tips from experts can become useful… tempted to use HGH, and maxodrol, had read a lot and sadly there is a lot of crap/reviews/comments out there, hard to choose ( am I a hardgainer?).

Goal, would like to grow 15% more of muscle and get ripped, main goal… compete at least once in an amateur category… have that memory of achievement for ever.

Program I used for the last thee months…

Monday (Chest):

Pushups to warm-up
    Incline Smith Machine Press (5 sets of 12/10/8/8/6 reps)
    Superset:
    Hammer Strength Incline press - 2 sets
    Incline Flyes - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Bench Press - 2 sets
    Flat Flyes - 2 sets
    Peck Deck (triple drop set)

Tuesday (leg circuit):
    Superset:
    Leg Extensions - 2-3 sets
    Leg Press - 2-3 sets
    Lunges with DB - 2-3 sets
    Superset:
    Leg Curls - 2-3 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2-3 sets

Wednesday (Arms):
    Superset:
    Barbell Curls - 2 sets
    Close Grip Bench Press - 2 sets
    Superset:
    DB Curls - 2 sets
    Hammer Curls - 2 sets
    Incline Curls (2 sets with a good stretch)
    Concentration Curls (Triple drop set)
    Superset:
    Narrow EZ Bar Curls - 2 sets
    Overhead EZ bar Extensions - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Rope Pushdowns - 2 sets
    Overhead Rope Extensions - 2 sets
    Rope curls - 2 sets

Thursday (Shoulders):
    Superset:
    Smith Machine Press - 3 sets
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets
    Upright Rows - 3 sets
    Superset:
    Bent over raises - 2 sets
    Front cable raises - 2 sets

Friday (Back):
    Pullups (30 reps) Even if you can only do 2 at a time, you must do 15 sets. Rest just long enough until you can go again
    Superset:
    Wide Lat Pulldown - 2 sets
    Hammer Rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Narrow Grip Pulldowns - 2 sets
    T-Bar rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Bent over rows - 2 sets
    DB rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Cable Rows - 2 sets
    Stiff Arm Pulldown - 2 sets

I liked, but following advice about diversity, I started with this program this week!:

“pumped volume” training program, starts with 8 sets / 8 reps, then 10/10, 12/12, 15/15, 4 weeks.

Monday
    Barbell press 8/8
    Preacher curl 8/8

Tuesday
    Lateral raises 8/8
    Squads 8/8
    Calves 8/8

Wednesday
    Bent Over Barbell Row 8/8
    Triceps pull down 8/8
    Hanging Leg raises for Abs 8/8

Thrusday
    Incline flye 8/8
    BB curl 8/8

Friday
    Overhead DB press 8/8
    Leg Press 8/8
    Seated calf raise 8/8

Saturday
    Pulldown 8/8
    Close-grip bench press 8/8
    Cable crunch

Diet...
    Diet…
    5 meals per day
    typical day:
    breakfast
    cottage cheese with mix fruits, fat free milk, toast
    mid morning
    banana or protein shake
    lunch
    either beef or chicken or fish, vegetables and some carbs
    mid afternoon
    hard to accomplish, but when I can, I get another fruit or energy drink
    dinner
    salad with chicken or tuna, no carbs after 7pm

3 or more glasses of water daily

pre workout – protein – 17HD
    post workout – protein

been trying to get more than 150 gr. Of protein daily

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

vargasty

Thanks Bob,my back would typically go out on me about every 2 months,it would be terrible for about a week or so,then it would be fine again.

In 2004 after one of these typical occurences,it was fucked up for 7 months during which time I was prepping for 5 shows.......been pretty god since it healed,took about a year to get it back to about 90% IMO.

This morning ,it doesn`t feel too bad....yesterday I could barely walk..go figure.

I`ll see how it goes as the day goes on,I`m hoping for the best.

On a sidenote,reverse hyperextensions is the single best exercise on the planet for re-habbing a bad back if you can do them without undue pain.
    What do you do for pwo dextrose/maltodextrin?

What do you do for pwo dextrose/maltodextrin?
    I use to do dextrose, but now I simply eat a baked potato with a whey shake in water....nothing fancy or esoteric,but it works fine for me.

At times,besides the potato,I`ll eat a couple of tablespoons of honey..just to help spike insulin levels as it is pre-digested and absorbed very quickly by the body.

Of course I have a whey shake in water as well.

A few years ago I experimented with solid food only at post-workout (chicken breast,brown rice), and noticed no differance in the results I got from a shake with dextrose.

So many people obsess about their post-training nutririon while the rest of their diet just plan old sucks.

Don`t beleive the hype..........just get some good food into you ASAP after training.
    Strictly Business

Banned

Dude,you earned it,just don`t get too crazy or you`ll regret it!

I will try my best craving brownies today and fritos!!!!

Tim are you going to chicago? for Lori's show?

Lynch

Tim, this fella is seeking some is seeking some advice. I gave him a link to your thread but somehow it went to the wrong thread. I gave him the correct link to this thread and copied and pasted his questions for him. His screen name is "ccc-javier."

was told you could help me a bit.... my story is:

Guys, need little help, i am a male 38 years old, 192 lb, 6ft, 16 body fat, being working out regularly for 6 months (i started last year, after 7 months had an accident, had to stop for 3 months, then started again for 6 months so far...), I have gained 13 lb of muscle but I still have a small layer of fat, it is really hard to improve much more at my age… I am taking 17HD (almost done with the first bottle), plus protein, and mega mix vitamins from gnc, but this is it, I am not growing anymore, just started a new traninig schedule, working out 2 mayor muscle per day 8 reps/ 8 sets.

Anyway, today I found this forum and figured maybe a few tips from experts can become useful… tempted to use HGH, and maxodrol, had read a lot and sadly there is a lot of crap/reviews/comments out there, hard to choose ( am I a hardgainer?).

Goal, would like to grow 15% more of muscle and get ripped, main goal… compete at least once in an amateur category… have that memory of achievement for ever.

Program I used for the last thee months…

Monday (Chest):

Pushups to warm-up
    Incline Smith Machine Press (5 sets of 12/10/8/8/6 reps)
    Superset:
    Hammer Strength Incline press - 2 sets
    Incline Flyes - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Bench Press - 2 sets
    Flat Flyes - 2 sets
    Peck Deck (triple drop set)

Tuesday (leg circuit):
    Superset:
    Leg Extensions - 2-3 sets
    Leg Press - 2-3 sets
    Lunges with DB - 2-3 sets
    Superset:
    Leg Curls - 2-3 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2-3 sets

Wednesday (Arms):
    Superset:
    Barbell Curls - 2 sets
    Close Grip Bench Press - 2 sets
    Superset:
    DB Curls - 2 sets
    Hammer Curls - 2 sets
    Incline Curls (2 sets with a good stretch)
    Concentration Curls (Triple drop set)
    Superset:
    Narrow EZ Bar Curls - 2 sets
    Overhead EZ bar Extensions - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Rope Pushdowns - 2 sets
    Overhead Rope Extensions - 2 sets
    Rope curls - 2 sets

Thursday (Shoulders):
    Superset:
    Smith Machine Press - 3 sets
    Lateral Raises - 3 sets
    Upright Rows - 3 sets
    Superset:
    Bent over raises - 2 sets
    Front cable raises - 2 sets

Friday (Back):
    Pullups (30 reps) Even if you can only do 2 at a time, you must do 15 sets. Rest just long enough until you can go again
    Superset:
    Wide Lat Pulldown - 2 sets
    Hammer Rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Narrow Grip Pulldowns - 2 sets
    T-Bar rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Bent over rows - 2 sets
    DB rows - 2 sets
    Superset:
    Cable Rows - 2 sets
    Stiff Arm Pulldown - 2 sets

I liked, but following advice about diversity, I started with this program this week!:

“pumped volume” training program, starts with 8 sets / 8 reps, then 10/10, 12/12, 15/15, 4 weeks.

Monday
    Barbell press 8/8
    Preacher curl 8/8

Tuesday
    Lateral raises 8/8
    Squads 8/8
    Calves 8/8

Wednesday
    Bent Over Barbell Row 8/8
    Triceps pull down 8/8
    Hanging Leg raises for Abs 8/8

Thrusday
    Incline flye 8/8
    BB curl 8/8

Friday
    Overhead DB press 8/8
    Leg Press 8/8
    Seated calf raise 8/8

Saturday
    Pulldown 8/8
    Close-grip bench press 8/8
    Cable crunch

Diet...
    Diet…
    5 meals per day
    typical day:
    breakfast
    cottage cheese with mix fruits, fat free milk, toast
    mid morning
    banana or protein shake
    lunch
    either beef or chicken or fish, vegetables and some carbs
    mid afternoon
    hard to accomplish, but when I can, I get another fruit or energy drink
    dinner
    salad with chicken or tuna, no carbs after 7pm

3 or more glasses of water daily

pre workout – protein – 17HD
    post workout – protein

been trying to get more than 150 gr. Of protein daily

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    Last edited by Lynch; May 17th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

vargasty

I use to do dextrose, but now I simply eat a baked potato with a whey shake in water....nothing fancy or esoteric,but it works fine for me.

At times,besides the potato,I`ll eat a couple of tablespoons of honey..just to help spike insulin levels as it is pre-digested and absorbed very quickly by the body.

Of course I have a whey shake in water as well.

A few years ago I experimented with solid food only at post-workout (chicken breast,brown rice), and noticed no differance in the results I got from a shake with dextrose.

So many people obsess about their post-training nutririon while the rest of their diet just plan old sucks.

Don`t beleive the hype..........just get some good food into you ASAP after training.
    No My diet is in check and has been for last 2 years. I am looking for best way to transport creatine/aminos pwo. I have always used cell-tech for as long as I can remember because I got it dirt cheap and had the enccessarry carbs to replenish glycogen and transport the creatine into my muscles. I have just been hearing so much about waxy maze, almost like it is too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guns View Post
    I will try my best craving brownies today and fritos!!!!

Tim are you going to chicago? for Lori's show?
    No,I wish I could make it but I`m doing a few more shows and money is getting tight.
    Strictly Business

No My diet is in check and has been for last 2 years. I am looking for best way to transport creatine/aminos pwo. I have always used cell-tech for as long as I can remember because I got it dirt cheap and had the enccessarry carbs to replenish glycogen and transport the creatine into my muscles. I have just been hearing so much about waxy maze, almost like it is too good to be true.
    I wasn`t reffering to you bro,just lots of p[eople in general.

I`d give it a try as I have heard great things about it too,but I usually don`t buy too many supplements as they are mostly hyped up garbage......good peeps say that WM is god stuff so it may be an exception to the rule.

If you try it out,let us know how it is please.
    Strictly Business

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast