Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Training & Nutrition Questions or Problems

Excessive cardio will, but cardio in moderation will actually benefit you.........here`s a couple of quotes from some sites that will explain it much better than I could:

Improved Recovery Ability:

Certain types of cardio exercise, usually lower, more moderately paced forms, can decrease your recovery time too. If you have just performed a hard session in the gym, hopping on the treadmill for a walk or light jog will help to remove some of the by-products that were created during the lifting session.

This will help to reduce your DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) and help bring more oxygen rich blood to the muscle tissue improving in the repair and rebuilding process. To you, this translates to your being able to get back into the gym quicker and work the muscles again.

Building muscle mass is a combination of an overloading stimulus and sufficient rest to allow the muscle to heal itself. If you skew this balance either direction, either working out too much or providing too much rest in between, you aren't going to get optimal results.

The more frequently you are able to work a muscle though (assuming full recovery has been achieved) the faster you will add additional new muscle. Cardio helps you do this. Just don't take this too far as excess cardio or cardio done at such a high intensity that it places additional strain on the muscles is going to actually hinder recovery rather than aid it.

Cardio- D*mn right cardio!! Yes even when bulking. Why? Because cardio works the most important muscle of all – YOUR HEART. Not only that, but doing cardio 3 times a week will help keep the fat you will gain in this diet to a minimum.
    Strictly Business

(wipes head) whoo

i have been doing it this way, glad to know i got it right. haha
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Tim, if I do the show on the 6th of Oct I wouldnt start my cutting till the end of July. In your opinion what should I do now till then. I am at 15percent BF now. Since I have found out what works for me on fat loss should I go back to eating normal and clean till then and try to add some lean size. Or should I continue what I am doing till I get to about 10 percent and hold onto that till the end of july. What are your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    bndniron4evrgal,what type of machine are you using for your cardio? I LOVE the stationary bike!! I can get my heart rate up to 120-125 beats per minute, and then I vary the intensity up & down for 40 min first thing in the a.m. before eating....then I eat breakfast within 30-45 mins after that.

I never run,nor do I use a stationary bike, as I feel you must propell yourself by walking not just sitting there moving legs only.

I never do any cardio on leg day, as I feel it would be counterproductive, and I truly doubt that I could walk for too long without falling down! AGREE

If you run for cardio but are a bodybuilder,just do light jogging or sprints,not long distance,running is for people who are training for running,not bodybuilders. No, I've never been into running or jogging.....muscles to heavy or legs too short!!

Just my opinion of course.

I also recommend HIIT cardio on an eliptical machine...........no impact on hips,knees,feet,or lowerback...I no longer do it exclusively as I had in the past because I found I lost too much leg size, and legs were never a strong point for me,but not for lack of busting ass on leg day!
    What exactly does HIIT stand for???
    Oh! thanks for your timely reply......& your O's.....

Hi Tim!
    From your trainings, (I really can suggest to all to give a try to some of them...) I've read that at the end of exercises (during straight sets or ss) often you do a lighter set, very good as "feel the muscle"-set or pumping set,especially after low reps with big weight, but for you, what is the better speed of this set?

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    What exactly does HIIT stand for???
    Oh! thanks for your timely reply......& your O's.....
    HIIT stands foir High Intensity Interval Training and to do it ,you go all out while doing cardio for a minute or so,then back off until your breathing/heartrate slows back down to almost normal,then all out again,and just keep repeating.

You can just go a minute fast,two minutes slow or whatever your fitness level will allow.

Great way to continue burning fat long after cardio is completed because the metabolism stays elevated much longer than it would doing regular cardio.
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Gabri View Post
    Hi Tim!
    From your trainings, (I really can suggest to all to give a try to some of them...) I've read that at the end of exercises (during straight sets or ss) often you do a lighter set, very good as "feel the muscle"-set or pumping set,especially after low reps with big weight, but for you, what is the better speed of this set?
    Gabri,if you mean rep speed,most of the time my reps are rhythmical ...not too slow or too fast as a rule but I always get a good negative and always make sure I have the weight completely under control with no excessive momentum to help me get the reps.

At times on these lighter back off sets,depending on the exercise or bodypart,I may just pump them out quickly in order to get a good burn,then continue the set by doing half reps after no more full reps can be completed........really painful and effective way to finish off a bodypart.
    Strictly Business

Thank you Tim!

Yesterday I've tried the giant-sets routine for arms you suggested.....was a fucking pump&pain and we was full of veins too!Great feeling!

Glad you liked it...I told you it was tough!!
    Strictly Business

Yes it was tough as you said!!!!
    Do you prefer to mantain more often higher reps for shoulder and back routines?

Bob,I would start dieting early.........like right now!!!

Since you haven`t competed in a quite a while,it`s always good to give yourself more time to get into condition........this will allow you to make adjustments for any problems that may come up during your prep.

Better to peak on contest day,that to peak a week later!
    Strictly Business

Default your show

What was the results of the show you did this weekend?

Yes, I was asking the same!!!!!
    I really hope for the greatest result.......

okay!! i'm waiting for results too....

Quote Originally Posted by Gabri View Post
    Yesterday I've tried the giant-sets routine for arms you suggested.....was a fucking pump&pain and we was full of veins too!Great feeling!
    Can you re-post that routine?

I need a good diet plan for cutting some excess body fat. I spent 25 years in the Marines so am pretty familiar with cardio and weight training so I know how to get bigger/what cardio does ect...However, I can't seem to lose this midsection I have developed over the last couple years. I would like to try a 8 or 12 week plan that will produce some results and help me see an ab again.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast