Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: TREASURE CHEST WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHEST EXERCISE?

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB BENCH

53 15.50%
  • BB INCLINE

61 17.84%
  • BB DECLINE

14 4.09%
  • DB BENCH

48 14.04%
  • DB INCLINE

87 25.44%
  • DB DECLINE

5 1.46%
  • SMITH MACHINE BENCH

10 2.92%
  • VERTICAL SEATED BENCH MACHINE

1 0.29%
  • CROSSOVER

5 1.46%
  • PEC DEC

10 2.92%
  • PUSH UP

4 1.17%
  • MACHINE......HAMMER STRENGTH ETC.

17 4.97%
  • DB FLYE

18 5.26%
  • CABLE FLYE

8 2.34%
  • CABLE BENCH

1 0.29%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FAVORITE CHEST EXERCISES

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    if you bring your butt to the end of the seat instead of placing it flat against the pad it feels so much better
    On the incline Hammer?
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

yeah....dong it all the way bak in the seat is more like military tri press.....but if you slide your butt out to the end of the seat it changes the angle and its perfect
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

LIKE PULLOVERS WORK THE CHEST.....WHAT AN IDIOT^^^^WONDER IF A MOD CAN ADD DIPS THOUGH? BUT IS THAT SERIOUSLY ANYONES MAIN CHEST EXERCISE? I DOUBT IT
    I've never tried them for chest. Always for tri's. But alot of people swear by them if you lean way forward.

I prefer the incline bench then pec dec lately. Now if my gym would just get an adjustable bench, instead of the 70 degree one we have. Almost sitting straight up and down sucks^^

D Flyes slow and heavy they pull your chest apart and link nice with your front delts ,all this means nothing if you dont work your back as all foundations for a big chest come from having a big back.

LIKE PULLOVERS WORK THE CHEST.....WHAT AN IDIOT^^^^WONDER IF A MOD CAN ADD DIPS THOUGH? BUT IS THAT SERIOUSLY ANYONES MAIN CHEST EXERCISE? I DOUBT IT
    You truly are a complete fucking dunce.

Once again, you should be banned from every area of the website except your training journal and the pit.

you are def right that dips should be on the list.....pullovers are not a chest exercise.......the traditonal db pullover doesnt really work anything(maybe tiny bit of lats...some serratus)......get in a nautilus lullover machine and report back let us know where you felt contractions....bet money its not your chest.....stop followong me here trying to turn it into the pit
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

you are def right that dips should be on the list.....pullovers are not a chest exercise.......the traditonal db pullover doesnt really work anything(maybe tiny bit of lats...some serratus)......get in a nautilus lullover machine and report back let us know where you felt contractions....bet money its not your chest.....stop followong me here trying to turn it into the pit
    Dumbbell Pullovers work basic Pectoral Adduction...which is one of the main functions of the Pec. Horizontal Adduction would be your typical dumbbell flye.

If you've never done them, then give them a shot.

You can clearly see his chest stretch and then fully contract upon return.......and yes, this was the gayest video I could find.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ONE OF THOSE STUDIES THAT SHOWS ELECTRICAL ACTIVATION OR WHATEVER....IT MAKES SENSE THAT IT WOULD WORK THE CHEST TO SOME DEGREE SINCE THE FUNCTION OF THE CHEST IS TO BRING THE ARMS DOWN AND ACROSS THE BODY....BUT IVE NEVER REALLY LIKED THEM FOR THAT, OR FELT THAT THEY DID ANYTHING FOR ME....I DO DECLINE CABLE PULLOVERS FOR LATS.........................

I SHOULD HAVE PUT THE PULLOVER ON THE LIST SINCE ITS A CLASSIC MOVE....AND PEOPLE LIKE DR. COLKER CLAIM IT EXPANDS THE "RIB BOX"..........IF ANY OF THE POLLS I MADE WERE FLAWED I WOULD SAY IT WAS THIS ONE......CANT WIN EM ALL
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Dumbell pullover is a shit exercise. The Hammer Strength or Nautilus pullover is very effective, but it's more of a back exercise then chest. Pullovers weren't necessary in this poll. Couldve put dips or Smith Machine inclines on the list tho
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

YEAH I USE THE SMITH FOR EVERYTHING
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Beach Body

Smith is pussy unless you don't have a spot or you're a noob getting taught by a trainer. With that being said BB benh is the best for me. I tried everything. I get the best results from a good ol' fashion bench press. To each his own.

decline db's and decline db fly's

Banned

I vote for the bench press

Director of U.S. & Int'l Sales API Xtreme's Avatar

My vote is for pushup - with feet on a stability ball. Great thing to superset with another chest exercise for 100% fatigue. Gives me a great pump.
    Prepare to get Rocked: www.apixtreme.com Follow me at http://blog.michelewelcome.com

incline bb is the shit!

Quote Originally Posted by MACDAT View Post
    Smith is pussy unless you don't have a spot or you're a noob getting taught by a trainer. With that being said BB benh is the best for me. I tried everything. I get the best results from a good ol' fashion bench press. To each his own.
    Post a pic of your chest big man
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Beach Body

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Post a pic of your chest big man
    Knew my gaydar was working

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast