Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

I don't have any.....Just basic exercises.......
    "Make Pain a Friend, and you will have a Friend for Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    I do Gymnastic Iron Crosses. Keeps my waist around 31 in the offseason and 28 at competition
    I dont know if it is the same but I do a shoulder exercise called iron crosses. a friend used to do kettelbell training, that is where he learned it. he passed that one on to me. how is your version done...im guessing holding yourself up with your arms parallel to the floor like they do in the rings? sounds painful!!

Dedicated Noob

sitn at a pulldown and curling bhind tha head.

I see a lot of people do bar pulldowns but I like it better with a rope. I saw Phil Heath do it on his Olympia prep videos and thought it was the best thing to get that squeeze in the back.

hidding in your couch underneath the cushions

real heavy one arm dumbell snatch, for reps.....helps me break though my strength plataue's..........except for the bench.......lets say im feeling week in the shoulders and back, well i will come into my gym and do nothing but superset deadlift's with the db snatch or the bb snatch............like the video.....then when it gets to be too much for me to snatch, i clean and press it, when im too fucked to do that i start to clean it, and when i finaly fail at that........its upright rows from off the ground........then i stop, and do my deadlifts and repeat...until i cant do it anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irxT...eature=related
    CHECK OUT MY TRAINING LOG ! IN THE MEMBERS TRAINING JOURNALS

I do several exercises that few people do that get me odd looks in the gym... or maybe it's just my funny lookin face that gets weird glances. Anyway...

For triceps - JM Presses

For Lats - bentarm closegrip decline pullovers

- one arm rows holding a short barbell in the middle (extra demand on supporting muscles to keep bar balanced makes it a great exercise)

For chest & serratus - straightarm widegrip pullovers

For traps, core, legs - overhead squat

For legs - bulgarian (single leg) squats

For traps - overhead shrugs
    - high pulls
    - powercleans

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    Yup - that's the one I just learned - do it toward the end of the workout & feel it!
    This is a great one. I actually lean forward slightly to compensate for the angle of the Smith Machine, and I go up on my tiptoes (without surging with the ankles). I find the stretch and pinch better.

One I like to do is on the Hammer Strength Dip Machine. I sit backwards on the chair, with my back on the pad, rather than my chest. I grab the handles in the bench press position, buckle myself down tightly (as the knee pads are on the other side), and bend forward aggressively at the waist. I then press down, it hits the pec/delt connection with great intensity. It just basically mimics a weighted dip where you bend forward to hit the upper chest.

Livin' it up as a www.aaefx.com Board Rep

I've been liking a couple diff exercises for chest and chest that have been really doing some damage. I learned these when I trained with Eric Broser using his Power, Rep Range, Shock principles...

For Chest, using the Smith Machine (I do it as an incline movement), set the pins at about 1.5 inch from your chest. Bring it down on the pins at a full stop, then press. It KILLS!

Same type of thing for Delts....use the Smith machine and do the same for shoulder presses.

Give them a whirl....good shizzzz.
    NGA PRO BODYBUILDER
    Team P/RR/S Warrior

Bro Scientist

Close-grip incline barbell presses. Really hits the tris from a different angle and squeezes the upper/inner chest nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontour View Post
    Close-grip incline barbell presses. Really hits the tris from a different angle and squeezes the upper/inner chest nicely.
    Cool idea I'll have to try that.

TyAl

I foam-roll my forearms.

Bro Scientist

Incline dumbbell press with a bench set at a very small angle, like 15 degrees. Feels more natural than flat bench and you can do more weight than a higher degree incline. This exercise is the tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    I see a lot of people do bar pulldowns but I like it better with a rope. I saw Phil Heath do it on his Olympia prep videos and thought it was the best thing to get that squeeze in the back.
    How exactly would you perform these? And how do you position your hands?

I'm just wondering how to grip the rope on pulldowns. Do you feel it a lot in your biceps?
    Go Hard or Go Home.

Dedicated Noob

Deadlifts with 50% of your predicted 1rm, then start adding chains, nothing to destroy ur whole body, those chains blow, eventually youll almost work up to your max with 75 ibs of chains on each side, and the further you get up the harder it is, talking about using the strength curve you your advantage

Dedicated Noob

or do deadlifts with 25ib plates that sucks, also tbar rows with 25's so you can get those hands in the gut, to many times do i see people use 45's let it hit their chest, and their only doing half a rep.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast