Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Rail Roads baby.. Fouad's friend showed me this on leg press.

1 plate each side x10
    2 plate each side x20
    etc..

then back down!
    Those who can't, say YOU can't

What I do for my triceps is I get the normal handle for seated machine rows and attach it to the cable machine, when it's at the highest it can go, grap it with my knuckels facing each other, and press down. I also superset that with kickbacks with the palm of my hand facing the ceiling. It works the outermost head of my triceps pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Neck extensions with my leather Grizzly neck chain set up on a low cable pully
    x2 LOL i do these
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

Ill also just stand there holding the barbell with a shit pile of weight onnit for as long as possible,,good for grip stength and a good strech for the shoulders
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

Dedicated Noob

Seated Incline reverse row with a neutral grip lifting slightly lower then shoulder level so your body is airplane shaped at peak contraction. Really isolates the rear delts, keep those elbows pointed out or it turns into a back exercise.

Dedicated Noob

I like to stand infront of a michine row lean forward and do a chest press. depending on the angle its a little inclined and feels great.

for tri's. decline dumbell extensions. 8 sets, 8 reps, 8 seconds of rest between sets. blows them up!

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbag View Post
    Rail Roads baby.. Fouad's friend showed me this on leg press.

1 plate each side x10
    2 plate each side x20
    etc..

then back down!
    That's just an accending decending pyramid bro lol..
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

I do a high cable curl for biceps.

Set down at a Lat pulldown station just like you're going to do a lat pulldown with your legs pinned under the pads, grab the bar with a revers grip, lean forward just a little and curl the bar to the back of your neck.

Pretty easy, hits the biceps a little different.

I also do like a spider curls with a fix bar.

Grab an incline bench, incline it to wherever you want, put your knees in the seat of it and lay forward with your chest against the bench, have a spotter hand you the weight and there ya go. I do both of these movements in the higher rep ranges 15-24.

Niether are staples but good for variety now and then ;')
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

I like doing exercises back to back that hid the same muscle from different angles. For example, triangle pulldowns followed by seated rows followed by machine pullovers for back. Or hammer curls, reverse curls and Nautilus curls for bi's.

Jason Huh's hamstring extensions done on the hyperextension "machine." That KILLS after a ham day.

Nobody

I will do lying preacher curls on an incline bench. Nobody at my gym. (including the personal trainers) have seen this exercise before.

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

Midstream I stop and hold for 10 seconds- repeat till I reach failure.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

became impractical at some point to continue increasing amoun tof weight i held to my chest for this so i dropped down to just a plate and hold it at arm's lenght in different positions to vary the resistance and range of motion throughout the set:

http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

Nobody

Scap(ulae) Shrugs: On a chest supported row machine, keep the arms straight, relatively wide grip, let the shoulders round forward as much as possible (get a stretch from pit to pit) and shrug the shoulder blades back, as if pinching a tennis ball between them. Its a 3-4 inch movement, just like a shrug for upper traps, but this hits Trap III and IV and all the other meat in the upper back. Best done as a finisher at the end of an upper back workout, after all rows. Strip sets work great - have a buddy rip off plates as you fatigue and keep going until your upper back reaches complete vapor lock. Straps are a good idea.

I just started doing dead-stop concentrations, learned these from Antoine V.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatzSquatz View Post
    Scap(ulae) Shrugs: On a chest supported row machine, keep the arms straight, ....and shrug the shoulder blades back, as if pinching a tennis ball between them. Its a 3-4 inch movement, just like a shrug for upper traps, ....
    Aaah the good old Kelso shrugs. Kelso (wa'was his first name?) came up with these shrugs for all angles god bless his soul. The shoulder joint is capable of doing shrugs for trapezius, lower trapezius (as in your suggestion), shoulder (stiff elbow military press shrugs) and Chest (stiff elbow bench press shrugs). I strongly advise his book about the detailed descriptions about the whole possible angles.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast