Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    how about this. if you have a smith machince Low row... Do it. combine with smith machine pulldowns (reverse grip) i wish the gym i am at now had it and im thinking of joining a second for them(smith machines) they flared my back out so much better than any exercise to date.
    I ment to say a hammer strength machine.. i dont know what i was thinking.

Bradford Press:

Press a BB to the top of the head only, and then lower it behind the neck,then back to the front, just clearing the top of the head,then back to the back of the neck, and so on.

The constant tension fron not locking out is awesone.

I usually Super-Set laterals with these, doing the laterals first to pre-exhaust the delts.......killer combo.

Standing or seated, Bradford Presses rock!!

I have yet to see anyone with stubborn delts fail to respond to this Super-Set.
    Strictly Business

No secrets but Nautilus Super Pullovers. Great for the lats. If your gym has one give it a try.

Incline bench dumbbell rows and barbell rows Using the trap bar allows for a greater contraction since the regular bar hits the bench. I found these two exercises to help increase strength with regular dumbbell and barbell rows. The relative inability of cheating and focusing on pulling the dumbbells or bar up as high as possible strengthens the contracted part of the movement which transfered to greater weight on regular dumbbell and barbell rows since the limiting part of the range of motion is the very top as its being pulled into the stomach

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidbb
    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.
    glut ham raises

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48615516816460
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

thanks
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

yeah damn!!! that video was good. I have only seen a person do two reps of them in all the different gyms i have been to in the last decade. awesome

thanks man.. bet you liked the song too eh?
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Yeah song made it all the better. Its good to see their are still poeple that like that music instead of hip hop and rap all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Danok
    Layne - we'll have to rename them the Moses Glute Ham Raises bro..you looked like moses holding out the tablets on the mountain...
    haha, it's a ridiculous exercise... it's my one claim to fame i guess
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

another challenging exercise that would be impressive is the exact opposite of the glute ham raise. I dont know if any of you ever saw a sissy squat machine. But if you have the normal way is to squat down with both hip and knee flexion and extension. But the harder way would be to do no hip flexion and extension during the movement; only knee flexion and extension. know what I mean?

Not so much as secret, as you just don't see people doing them a lot.

Incline curls and the tricep ext/close grip bench combo with the e-z bar.

The best exercises are the forgotten ones that deliver results. No one like free weight flyes, straight bar curls.etc

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by davidbb
    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.
    Yeah...I find it really works the top portion of the tricep

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by staticx
    One last exercise for today. This one if for shoulders. It is a single arm front cable raise. Take an adjustable incline bench and set the angle somewhere between 30 and 70 degrees. Use a d-handle or rope on a low cable pulley. You lay face down on the incline bench facing away from the low cable pulley. When doing the exercise with your right arm, you need to set the bench off to the left of the low pulley so your right shoulder, arm elbow, hand , and low pulley are all in one straight line with each other. In the beginning of exercise, your arm should be right along side your body, then you do the front raise with the arm so the arm is along side your head. Pretty strict way to do this exercise and it burns pretty well. Good for the rotator cuff too. Weight needs to be pretty light.
    Similarly I will lay on my back with my feet against the low cable machine. Front raises with both arms, using the rope grip. Great for really isolating the front delt.

Quote Originally Posted by Danok
    Dumbell Squats - what is the exact positioning of the dumbells while descending...I squat powerlifting style with my feet spread wide so I can keep my balance and get ass to ankle...any help appreciated and thanks for the reminder of this exercise..

Natural glute ham raise? I do straight leg dead lifts and machines..sorry to be a dumass, but can you explain this exercise...???

I'll google Gironda press...is this Vince from Oz Gironda??

Danok,

DB Squats I try and hold the DB vertically against my abdomen/lower chest. I do these with my heels on 10 lb plates. I love em cause it barely hits my lower back and you feel it all in your quads. Often times I'll make my final set a drop set

glute ham raise - Layne put that one up, Layne is the man at this exercise. I do 4-6 good reps with no additional weight and cheat to get 8 reps. I've yet to get to the point where I'm adding weight, someday. I've been doing them for 2 years on and off.

Gironda Press - tough to explain, I've found it takes a lot of weight off the front delts. When i bench press, it's almost all front delts from halfway to the down position, so I use the gironda press, you can't do nearly as much weight but the chest ROM is great

Rack deads
    and incline skull crushers
    TEAM MUSCLETECH

Elite Prep Athlete

www.thenextlevelnutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by supermannpc
    Rack deads
    and incline skull crushers
    I hear ya on both of those. Rack Deads for pulling some of the lift off the legs to hit the back harder. And someone showed me Incline Extensions at the Powerhouse in Detroit... haven't gone back to doing them on a flat bench since... I prefer the stretch and position on the incline bench.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast