Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Threads like this one make this one of the Best Forums on the web period. I'm a member at many other forums, but 90% of the time I spend cutting through Bullshit threads. At least here beside Adonis and a few others we are at least on a somewhat intelligent playing field regarding bodybuilding.

I like doing hanging Windshield wipers. Some people say it's an ego exercise, but it took me a long time and a lot of russian twists to be able to do it and nothing makes my abs feel like they're on fire like a few sets of that. I feel that it's mostly responsible for carving out my obliques.
    I min/max my physique

These exercises are not secret either but not many people seem to do them. Rotator cuff training... I always see people just grab a light dumbbell bend their elbow at 90 degrees either by their side or with their arm in a start of a dumbbell press and do internal/external rotation. Thats great for ROM and warming them up but its not strengthening them a whole lot. Doing exercises using either dumbbells or cables with internal and external rotation exercises with actual resistance to get them stronger is great for preventing many different types of shoulder injury and it also improves almost virtually all upper body exercise strength. Your shoulder feels more stabilized during just about any exercise. After doing them for a couple of weeks regularly you feel more stabilized during all types of presses, rows, pulldowns and even curls. Its worth taking the time to do these.

Static Good point. Rotator cuff exercises are extremely overlooked IMO. This is typical because most don't see the benefit since it's not Getting you huge or you Don't get a wicked pump blah blah. But it will save your shoulders.

Decline dumbbell triceps extensions and even decline bar and cable extensions blast the triceps. Like the incline versions too mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by sex addict

back - cobras(google for technique - it will be more than worth your efforts.
    Do you mean the yoga pose? This is all I can find on google.

no its not yoga. you grab both of the high pulley handles and kneel halfway between a cable crossover machine and then you do a pulldown type exercise know what I mean? cant find a picture for you sorry

Quote Originally Posted by staticx
    no its not yoga. you grab both of the high pulley handles and kneel halfway between a cable crossover machine and then you do a pulldown type exercise know what I mean? cant find a picture for you sorry
    That sounds tricky but promising? I'll give it a shot tonight...

no its actually simple... hold the handles just like the guy in the picture but kneel down...then you just do a pulldown. Its is pulling down but its also pulling in a little

this exercise is single arm stiff arm pulldowns...however instead of facing the cable stack stand at a 45 degree angle to it and pull it down to the front of your hip or thigh ....also if you have an adjustable pulley....grab a flat bench and put it in front of the pulley and lay on your side....the pulley should be maybe (5-8 in) inches higher then your shoulder that is in the air...reach directly over your head then do a stiff armed pulldown movement where you bring your arm all the way up over and down to the side of your hip... your arm travels in the same plane as your body.

Clean and Press. An overlooked compound exercise. Works my delts, traps, triceps and even the legs.

getting great results from these, maybe a secret or not but man... i think they are forgotten Taps-Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise, Barbell Shrug, Dumbbell Shrug, Shoulders-Front Dumbbell Raise, Side Lateral Raise, Hammer Grip Incline Dumb Bell Bench Press....

Quote Originally Posted by davidbb View Post
    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.

great post...

mine:

1. triceps- two handed dumbell overhead triceps press AKA french press

2. Back- curl grip barbell rows on smith machine

3. Biceps - iron cross cable curls ALA Lee priest

4. Back #2 heavy dumbell pullovers

5. partial deads and SLD on smith machine

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post

wow that must KILL the hams........ I do the girls version on the hyperextension piece except I stand on my heels and it hits the hams

Try these for the posterior delts,its a tri set
    On an incline bench first start with hands hanging down with palms facing back and raise to paralell and squeeze do 10 reps.
    without pause have arms hang down with palms facing in towards your body and raise in a lateral movement..10 more reps.
    Then last, without pause again arm down with palms facing forward raise arms towards the rear of your body ..10 more reps...

The main trick at the start is to position yourself correctly by first lying on the incline bench with head hanging over then push your chest out and hold your shoulder blades together and keep that position for the whole 30 reps to keep the rear delts as the target muscle.
    only need to go light on these youll see the pump in the rears ...
    Enjoy

Maniak flyes:

This exercise basically takes advantage of negatives and forced reps while the trainer is by themselves. First off, you take flyes, any type....incline, decline, flat.......and you take it to momentary muscular failure. Once you hit that, you then proceed to bring the dumbbells in and PRESS them up...since you can now use your triceps and delts to assist in the exercise and give you a force rep......once you reach 90-95% of full lockout you start to come back out and bring it back down as a flye.....you repeat. If you truly went to failure then you should be able to get 1-3 reps out of this technique AT MOST! Be ready for the ibuprofen......let me know if you try it and how you like it anyone!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast