Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar

Chest: smith bench press to neck...DB flyes with 3-4 second pause at stretch point
    Lats: stiff arm pulldown/pullover superset
    Mid-back: smith behind back upright row/shrug
    Delts: single arm DB upright row...single arm leaning side lateral...single arm DB press
    Biceps: 90 degree preacher hammer curls...lying behind head cable curls
    Triceps: partial range smith or BB close grip bench press
    Quads: DB bench step ups...1 and 1/2 rep leg presses...ass to heals hack squats...single leg leg presses
    Hams...weighted hyperextensions using hams to pull

There are more, but these were the first to come to mind.

CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Seated floor press:
    Sit on the floor with your back up against a bench,you should have a barbell resting on the bench behind you.
    Have a training partner hand you the barbell and simply do presses........behind the neck,front,dumbells,doesn`t matter.............. much more effective than most presses .

You can do the same exercise with French Presses !!
    Strictly Business

vargasty

arms-drop sets after 4-5 heavy sets for barbell and preacher and running the rack for dumbells. I use drop sets every workout on the last set of each exercise. (what can i say I always train heavya s possible but I believe in high volume)

Amateur Threat

To finish off shoulders I do the following;
    Using 2 relatively light dumbells I do 3 supersets consisting of
    10 side lateral raises
    10 front raises
    10 military presses
    10 upright rows
    10 bent rear deltoid extensions.

Thats 50 reps per each set. ( which is why I use light dumbells)

This really helps me finish my shoulder work out with a big pump.

I'm totally serious here....sex, missioinary position. It keeps my hips in alignment meaning less trips to the chiropractor. It's the only thing I could think of that's a secret. Not that it's a secret anymore.

Face pulls

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    Any pics of this chick doing this exercise in a thong? I'll show her my "secret exercise" for building up the right forearm.

heavy cheat upright rows. Also, leaning bb curls, lean forward at a 45 degree angle and curl from there, very strict, good stretch and contraction. One more is kneeling cable crossovers, doing sets of 25, and after five reps moving forward a little, until at 25 im 2-3 feet in front of the stacks.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraro View Post
    Any pics of this chick doing this exercise in a thong? I'll show her my "secret exercise" for building up the right forearm.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Quote Originally Posted by davidbb View Post
    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.

NEVER!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Dedicated Noob

Every 6 weeks or so i like to do crazy 8's for bi's.

It takes a bit of trial and error to pick a good weight for the exercise but it works as a nice shock. Can be done with barbell or dumbells.

start at a fairly light weight. Do 8 reps.. up the weight by 10lb.. do another 8 reps with no rest.. up the weight again by 10 lbs. Another 8 reps. Continue this with no rest until you cannot complete 8 full reps.
    I like to aim for 4 or 5 weight changes.

Then wait 2 minutes. Start at the weight you could not finish 8 reps with on the up stage. Complete the 8 reps after the 2 minute rest. Then work your way down the rack in the same fashion. 8 reps, no rest, but going back down to the weight which you started with. That weight you originally started with will no longer feel so light!

Smile no secret but different

Some times not often though when i get worn out on doing dumbbell rows i'll line up a flat bench next to the smith machine and one arm rows on that. it's an interesting change up.

Not secrets but cool variations:

Biceps - lie on your back in front of an overhead cable (your head should be about a foot or so away from the cable support), point your elbows at the ceiling and curl down so that at the point of contraction the bar is just above your head.

Lats - sit on a bench with a decent sized dumbbell in each hand, lean forward so that your chest is virtually on your knees and then do dumbbell rows stretching forward and rowing back towards you hips. It feels weird but totally nails lower lats.

One of mine is a very simple variation, but I seldom see people do them. Alternating DB shrugs. To blast my traps on shoulder day, I go 3 heavy sets both arms, then I do 2 sets, where I lift only one side 5 times, then the other side, then keep going until complete and utter failure.

Works a fucking treat for me.

Nobody

One that I have been using recently is when I am working chest.
    Incline dumbbell fly's - At the end I burn out using only the lower half of the movement, never bringing my arms higher than parallel with the floor.

Not really a secret exercise, but it's done wonders for my side delts. I watched a Toney Freeman video on youtube, and he does his side raises like this sometime. One rep is a full rep lifting the dumbbell from your side to parallel, then lowering half the rep, then lifting it back to the top. That is one rep. I've had to go from 40s for 10-12 to 25s for 8-10. Man do these burn! I usually do 3 sets of straight sets earlier in my shoulder workout, then hit 2-3 of these at the end. The pump is unbelievable if you stay strict, right on the medial deltoid.

Amateur Threat

Alphas for the glutes! I start 3 sets of 50 and increase 10 per set every week closer to contest.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast