Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    An exercise for the bicpes and brachialis that not many people seem to do is lying face down on the floor ion front of a low cable attachmentwith the upperarms alongside the the head. Then do behind the head cable curls. Having the arms braced on the floor does not allow them to move forward as is usually done when doing the same exercise on a lat pulldown machine.
    X2, but on the lat pulldown way,I put a bar up on the rack to rest my elbows on to focus on the brachiallis just like you're saying. This of course needs to be on a combo machine, something like a cable station/squat rack type thing.

Nobody

Default Traps

For traps, use the farmers walk at the end of the workout to really burn up the traps. The key is using 75 percent max and walking 20 paces, then go to 60 percent max immedeatly after you complete the first 20 and perform 20 more. Repeat this three times and you should feel completly wiped.

I've described it here - check it out
    http://www.medicamol.com

Ok here goes you ready!!!

Squats, Dips, Bench , Deadlift, Straight bar curls, Heavy Military press

And that's pretty much it.

Spotter

my friend and i call them Q-tips..,.why? i dont know, but its basically a lying dumbbell extension for the tris.

lying on your back on a flat bench, hold a dumbbell as if you just finished a dumbbell press for chest...bend at the elbow and bring the dumbbell to the opposing shoulder...without pausing, bring the weight back up to the starting point.

i use no more than 25lbs with this and it burrrrrns. try it out

i guess another name could be across body tricep extensions or something....but i like q-tips haha

Default BIG DLETS

TRI-SET ALL FOR 2 SETS OF 10,12[ DONT DO IT FOR MORE THEN 4 WEEKS IT CAN LEED TO OVERTRAINING

DUMBELL LATERALS
    FRONT RAISE
    BENT-OVER RAISE

clean & press

Quote Originally Posted by davidbb View Post
    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.
    You mean...for free?

Smith machine behind the neck press for triceps.

Button Man

I'm 6 feet 240lbs...
    burpee pull-ups, 4 sets superset with stiff leg deadlifts. No rest between burpee pull-ups and deadlifts. 1 minute rest between sets.. ( your heart will want to explode )
    15-12-10-10 if you don't kn0w what it is, google it or see crossfit.com

standing barbell shoulder press superset with single arm dumbell or kettlebell clean and press.. No rest between shoulder press and clean and press.. 1 minute rest between sets.
    4 sets
    15-15-12-12

Do these two workouts one after the other and I guarantee you won't want to do anything else. It's a good way to break up the normal routine, work your core and stabilizer muscles, and get some nasty cardio going while improving strength.. If you still have energy after this, grab a pair of heavy dumbells, hold it at your sides while maintaining correct posture, and take a walk for 100 meters. Do 4 sets with 1 miute rests in between.. Those of you that can move heavy weight will re-think your training strategy after completing this evolution..... Have fun

I got a few random ones I do. Not so much secret or special just moves I don' see many people at my gym doing.

side laters on an incline bench
    side laterals leaning while holding onto a sturdy post
    over hand preacher curls
    jefferson squat
    Z-curls
    standing concentration curls

I forgot reverse grip bench press. I like doing them close grip during an arm workout. Shoulder width grip if I am doing flat press with a barbell. It doesn't hurt my shoulders like regular flat bar press and I actually feel a better contraction..Almost kinda feels like a decline press mimic.

tate presses are fantastic for the tris. look em up on you tube

Beach Body

Close grip bench press.
    Elbows Flared Pushdowns.

body weight over head curls. cant picture it im sure. thats why its a secret.

i am a fan of the side laterals on low incline also try addin with a posterior rotation to it bonebz

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast