Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Default Body Ball

Ab work on the Body Ball..It truly make's the difference for me..It hits and tightens it all..20 min every other day lot of rep's...pole twisty's...crunches..leg knee bend raises...I just go off

skull crushers...dips...pull overs...bent over rows..dumbell press...dead lift...SQUATS!!!!

Standing Smith Calf Raises...not too many people on campus lift/ride bikes like I do so not to many people are used to seeing veins courseing throughout ones legs. It's really pretty funny to watch people staring at your legs in the mirror.

Low cable pulley french press.
    Great stretch and resistance the whole way through.
    People used to look at me like I had four f_cking heads when I'd do 'em, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbuff0329 View Post
    skull crushers...dips...pull overs...bent over rows..dumbell press...dead lift...SQUATS!!!!
    winner

Banned

Dorian Yates bent over rows (70 degree angle) with either supinated or overhand grip, going heavy, 405 lbs x5 reps, great for massive lat development. Stretching between sets

my fave is the incline bench curls and you twist ur hands in at the top so your bicep peaks higher. if youve never tried it before, itll make em from pretty fast

Working the rear delts on the side lateral shoulder machine by positioning myself on the machine and pushing with the back my arm on the pad, it takes a few times doing the movement to get it down but it works really good

I have seen great growth in the rear traps making them into volcanoes from modifying the shrug.

*Shrug- Do your normal set of shrugs, ie dumbell shrugs, then immediately get a 45 lb plate, preferably the kind with hand grips, and put it behind your back (one handed) and shrug. Take much caution in your form making sure to perform a shrug with true range of motion or else you will end up working your elbow or just not get a burn period. Switch arms, and perform. Then using both hands, grasp and shrug or just sqeeze at the top of the range of motion.
    I pretty much invented this for myself, but I think it is actually a Dorian Yates exercise.

I would also like to mention a forgotten classic for biceps,
    The ARM BLASTER

(Do you think the arm blaster is positioned a little low? I use it higher up on my triceps and elbows). I have short arms too though.

Dedicated Noob

OK - not really secret, but some of my favourite exercises.

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown - this I really enjoy - has given me some nice definition in my back - always ends up burning my triceps and kills the abs. If I want to hit the abs particularly hard, I'll do this exercise the day after an intense abs session just to really f**k them up.

Reverse grip tricep pushdown - each rep really slow and controlled to get a real burn in the tris - I'll do this as the second exercise of a superset with regular bar pushdown

Leg Presses - every so often I do a 4 position set for 10 reps each position and no rest in between. Starting with the feet wide apart, then angle the toes out about 15 degrees then I put the feet in close together then from there move the feet out 15 degrees again. Really messes the legs up and is good for hitting the teardrops

- Legs/back/cardio/ - Pulling tractor tires up the old semi ramp behind the gym
    - Rear delts - Throw a rope with handles attached to it over a pullup bar, grab the handles, lean back and pull yourself up like you're doing a reverse flye
    - Legs - Walking BB lunges in a zig-zag pattern...just step out wider than normal
    - Tris - Reverse-grip skullcrushers (make sure you have a spotter!)

Standing overhead single arm dumbbell press, I never see anyone do it but it is an unbelievable exercise!

Hammer grip dumbbell raises for shoulders. Palms facing in front of you, raise arms straight up from sides.

Deadlifts with bar behind the legs (BEAST LIFT). Your legs arent in the way. For me I was able to deadlift 730lbs from lowest power rack setting doing them this way. Cant reccomend them though cuz I fucked up my back doing all kinds of crazy shit with deads and the other brutalities of my training.

Also a dropset I came up with for preacher curls. Load the cambered bar to the max with 10lb plates. Usually 5 or 6 per side. Curl til failure, drop a ten off each side, and repeat until there are no plates left. I would usually got through 2-3 cycles of this as part of my bicep routine getting 60-80 reps total per set. There is no rest between sets.

seated rope rows, i know its not really all that uncommon, but they put an awesome burn in the lower lats and mid back. just attach a rope to the seated row cable, grab both ends above the knot and row like you were doing close grips, hold the contraction for a sec at the top.

why is this thread in the nutrition forum???

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast