Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your "secret" exercises

Default Post your "secret" exercises

OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.

Iron Addict

rack pulls

never tried incline french press. i like the regular french press. GREAT stretch.. Hey davidbb what do you use(weight). im up to 135lbs 3x10

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    never tried incline french press. i like the regular french press. GREAT stretch.. Hey davidbb what do you use(weight). im up to 135lbs 3x10
    Impressive weight, im using a 35kg (anout 75lbs) dumbell at the moment.

Ok here is a good one to change up on cable curls... Use the low cable row machine, Lay down with you knees on the foot rest and use a short straight bar, keep your elbows tight against your sides and curl baby curl.....
    SWEAT DRIES, BLOOD CLOTS, BONES HEAL, CHICKS DIG SCARS......

Forearms:
    Lay crossways across a regular flat dumbbell bench face down with your chest and face hanging over the bench. Your forearms should hang over the other side of the bench. Your hands and about three inches or so of your forearms should be hanging off of the bench with dumbbells in your hand. Then do wrist curls. They are similar to standing behind the back wrist curls but are much stricter. With your forearms braced on the bench pad it is more strict. Takes a little while to get used to but works well try it and let me know how it works.

An exercise for the bicpes and brachialis that not many people seem to do is lying face down on the floor ion front of a low cable attachmentwith the upperarms alongside the the head. Then do behind the head cable curls. Having the arms braced on the floor does not allow them to move forward as is usually done when doing the same exercise on a lat pulldown machine.

It's not secret just forgotten but I like to do Spider Curls while sitting reverse on an incline bench. Basically the bench will support your weight but lets you dangle your arms straight down, the angle also helps to prevent any swinging motion in the upper body/arms. I got these from a Charles Glass workout clip, they used a barbell I prefer Dumbells.

This isn't secret but unique. My gym has a reverse hyperextension machine that powerlifters often use. you can do one arm rows on it very similar to one arm dumbbell rows. I got the idea after watching battle for the olympia 2003 where melvin anthony uses hammer strength leg press machine for rows. The reverse hyper works pretty well for the one arm rows

milos sarcev shows a few unique exercises for biceps and shoulders on the fitshow also

Im new to the boards and I dont know yet how to post a picture. If i find out how i will. You can do a google search. Go to google.com Click images up top and type in "reverse hyperextension" and click. Youll see some pictures of the machine

Say you do the movement with your right arm. You put your left leg forward and brace your left hand on the leg of the machine on the left side. You grab the rack part of the machine "where the weight plates go" and do the row. The arc of the lever arm allows for a really good stretch and contraction. The machine as you can see is actually for the lower back, hamstrings and glutes

no problem ill post more different and unique exercises shortly

Another different exercise is using a hammer strength shrug machine for a bent over row. The angle of the body is fairly high maybe around 60 or 70 degrees or so. It helps to step on a box or plates that raise you up around 6 inches high off the ground. You grab the upper handles and just do a row. Your ass is up against the back pad. It hits your lats, traps, rhomboids, and rear delts fairly well. Something different.

One last exercise for today. This one if for shoulders. It is a single arm front cable raise. Take an adjustable incline bench and set the angle somewhere between 30 and 70 degrees. Use a d-handle or rope on a low cable pulley. You lay face down on the incline bench facing away from the low cable pulley. When doing the exercise with your right arm, you need to set the bench off to the left of the low pulley so your right shoulder, arm elbow, hand , and low pulley are all in one straight line with each other. In the beginning of exercise, your arm should be right along side your body, then you do the front raise with the arm so the arm is along side your head. Pretty strict way to do this exercise and it burns pretty well. Good for the rotator cuff too. Weight needs to be pretty light.

how about this. if you have a smith machince Low row... Do it. combine with smith machine pulldowns (reverse grip) i wish the gym i am at now had it and im thinking of joining a second for them(smith machines) they flared my back out so much better than any exercise to date.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast