Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to the Arnold: Kai Greene Workouts

This was a really cool video and Dorian is no dought the man. But dam so me of you guys are being pretty dam hard on Kai and Oscar. Lets not forget Kai is 4 weeks out from a show, so he probably tired, and hungry. And like they say if it ain t broke don t fix it- Kai has one of the freakiest backs in the sport- so is he reall y going be up to changing his technique if what he s been doing is working- especially 4 weeks from a show. As for Oscar- he knows his shit to and he has gotten Kai this far. Show me 2 guru's or experts and I will show you to different approaches or philosophies. What is best is what works best for your body in alot of cases. Oscar maybe be panting and struggling a little but he is not the one getting ready for the Arnold so who cares. But I thought they were both (Kai & Oscar) humbled and honored for the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemuscle1 View Post
    I agree, most Bodybuilders like kai, Branch and Trey Brewer lift the weights very explosively, even "ballistically", it must be quite a change up to go slow and pause and then hold the negative. Also many bodybuilders have never really seen their own form on exercises, they tend to "think" that they are using stricter form than they really are. How many have really watched a video of themselves doing an exercise.

I doubt that even Dorian uses as good of for as he thinks he does, or as he instructs others?
    You've just got to watch his video to see the form he uses... Practice what he preaches comes to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by otus View Post
    These guys are f*ing morons!!! How hard is it to follow simple direction!??!

It's not like Dorian is asking them to find the derivative of the secant line of f(x).

Oscar is a JOOOOOOOKKEEEE!!!! His ass is out of breath on the stairmaster going slow as hell. C'mon dude, kids have more stamina than Oscar.

Oscar thinks he was in Blood and Guts! He was so nice, then when he does the first lat exercise he's moaning, screaming, likes hes doing some heavy weights.

They both had to use straps for 225 deadlifts. Thats pathetic. Dorian put oscars ass in place, telling him that he "needs to start putting some f*ing weight" on the deadlift. Oscar did 10 reps for 225 and was way to dramatic.

Kai is a dumbass. He thinks he some sort of guru, talking like he's smart. He tries to use big words but he just can't pull it off. He's always trying to make his speeches legendary like if his words are going to be compared to Gandhi. He looked like a boy, taking advice from Dorian...like he never knew how to workout or something. He couldn't even do the first exercise the right way...WHAT A DUMBASS!! How many times does Dorian have to explain to this fool how to do it!!??

When 6 time Mr. O tells you to start squeezing, then slower on the negative, YOU do it. You don't start swinging like your on a swing set. They didn't even appriate his advice, Dorian was showing them out to do it and they didn't even listen. He told them not to use straps and they didn't listen.

Oscar is grunting too much, like he's a champion. He's fat!!! Out of shape!! No wonder Dorian didn't like him or Kai.

Kai couldn't even do the deadlift like Dorian told him. Kai kept touching the ground, bouncing the weight, he didn't even squeeze like Dorian said.

These people so stupid, they can't even take simple directions!!! And OSCAR is trainning Kai?!?!?! What a joke.!!

Kai also eat pounds of tilapia a day, his dumbass thinks that its good!??!?! Tilapia has more Omega 6 fatty acids then bacon and donuts. Tilapia has 11 times Omega 6 than Omege 3. Omega 6 clogs up arteries, is basically the oposite of Omega 3.

They are also talking about the law of attraction like there some spiritual saviors. "Mind muscle connection, blah blah blah, visualization, blah blah, Kai visualizes winning the Mr. O. in our mind he already won the Mr.O, blah blah blah, if you see it in your mind the it will manifest, blah blah" nothing but crap.

His ass got 4th not 3rd, not 2nd, and definitely not 1rst. How did that bullsH*t work for you guys (oscar and kai) ?!?!?! hahaha

Jay Cutler didn't do visualization, he beat you. Branch Warren didn't do visualization, he beat you. Dexter Jackson didn't do visualization, he beat you. I'm not saying 4th is bad, I'm saying that they claimed that law of attraction/visualization works, so obviously that law of attraction/visualization BS that they've been brainwashed to believe doesn't work.

I'll make a prediction, Oscar will get a heart attack before Kai wins Mr. O. And Kai is going to get 3rd or 4th in the arnold. Wait and see.

thats a pretty ballsy second post here on md! you just knocked oscar and kai all in one post! i think you should take a step back and look at kai's back. he is obviously doing something right and oscar has helped him acheive all that he has so far. like it was said before they just have different form and maybe kai doesnt use some of these movements bc he doesnt like them or doesnt feel they benefit him in his back developemnt.

It's not like Dorian is asking them to find the derivative of the secant line of f(x).

Oscar is a JOOOOOOOKKEEEE!!!! His ass is out of breath on the stairmaster going slow as hell. C'mon dude, kids have more stamina than Oscar.

Oscar thinks he was in Blood and Guts! He was so nice, then when he does the first lat exercise he's moaning, screaming, likes hes doing some heavy weights.

They both had to use straps for 225 deadlifts. Thats pathetic. Dorian put oscars ass in place, telling him that he "needs to start putting some f*ing weight" on the deadlift. Oscar did 10 reps for 225 and was way to dramatic.

Kai is a dumbass. He thinks he some sort of guru, talking like he's smart. He tries to use big words but he just can't pull it off. He's always trying to make his speeches legendary like if his words are going to be compared to Gandhi. He looked like a boy, taking advice from Dorian...like he never knew how to workout or something. He couldn't even do the first exercise the right way...WHAT A DUMBASS!! How many times does Dorian have to explain to this fool how to do it!!??

When 6 time Mr. O tells you to start squeezing, then slower on the negative, YOU do it. You don't start swinging like your on a swing set. They didn't even appriate his advice, Dorian was showing them out to do it and they didn't even listen. He told them not to use straps and they didn't listen.

Oscar is grunting too much, like he's a champion. He's fat!!! Out of shape!! No wonder Dorian didn't like him or Kai.

Kai couldn't even do the deadlift like Dorian told him. Kai kept touching the ground, bouncing the weight, he didn't even squeeze like Dorian said.

These people so stupid, they can't even take simple directions!!! And OSCAR is trainning Kai?!?!?! What a joke.!!

Kai also eat pounds of tilapia a day, his dumbass thinks that its good!??!?! Tilapia has more Omega 6 fatty acids then bacon and donuts. Tilapia has 11 times Omega 6 than Omege 3. Omega 6 clogs up arteries, is basically the oposite of Omega 3.

They are also talking about the law of attraction like there some spiritual saviors. "Mind muscle connection, blah blah blah, visualization, blah blah, Kai visualizes winning the Mr. O. in our mind he already won the Mr.O, blah blah blah, if you see it in your mind the it will manifest, blah blah" nothing but crap.

His ass got 4th not 3rd, not 2nd, and definitely not 1rst. How did that bullsH*t work for you guys (oscar and kai) ?!?!?! hahaha

Jay Cutler didn't do visualization, he beat you. Branch Warren didn't do visualization, he beat you. Dexter Jackson didn't do visualization, he beat you. I'm not saying 4th is bad, I'm saying that they claimed that law of attraction/visualization works, so obviously that law of attraction/visualization BS that they've been brainwashed to believe doesn't work.

I'll make a prediction, Oscar will get a heart attack before Kai wins Mr. O. And Kai is going to get 3rd or 4th in the arnold. Wait and see.
    I agree 100% with you.

Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    in before otus gets banned...
    Why don't you GTFO.
    You should be banned.
    A man can express his opinion anymore?? You fucking communist!

Quote Originally Posted by pmaks88 View Post
    DOrian is a very smart guy. But Kai isnt listening to him, hes having the honor to train with this great and he isnt listening to the fuckin guy
    I hope he can explain himself here in the forums.
    He certainly lost some point with me.

WTF happened KAI??? Were you high on something???

Quote Originally Posted by ekz View Post
    I agree 100% with you.

Why don't you GTFO.
    You should be banned.
    A man can express his opinion anymore?? You fucking communist!
    And they should ban you too . We try to be nice here at MD

Quote Originally Posted by tbookie View Post
    I dont agree with most of you here. I really think that Oscar and especially Kai is looking up so much to Dorian that they both just ended up in awe of Dorian!

When it came to the training, when you are used of training in a certain way for 20 some years its very tough to hold and squeese and then always use a slow negative. I am sure kai did his at most to do what Dorian wanted him to do.

The way Kai said " thank you Sir " at the end shows my point a bit. Look at Kais eyes when saying this. It was HUGE for him to train with Dorian!

Guys like Kai and Victor are bb lovers and have followed the history very closely and it means much more to Kai then we can ever understand to train with a true legend!

Easy to get nervous abt such an occasion!

All in all, I enjoyed the video and I liked every aspect of it. We should ALL of us try and be appreciative to these fantastic videos that we watch for free instead of just complaining and looking for holes in their approach.

I am honestly disgusted by such an approach. MD is GIVING so much and its all for free. yes we are the reason why MD exist so its a give and take but all in all we cant be nothing but appreciative for videos like this.

Have you ever watched Mark Dugdale A Week in the Dungeon??
    He was very humble.
    He listened to Yates.
    He did what he was supposed to do.

Kai doesn't have to change his training style. He is not going to train with Dorian for the rest of his life. Just do what Yates was doing for that specifically training, and thats all.

I am done in this post.

EDITED.
    Last edited by ekz; March 1st, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

There is a lot of disrespect going on in this thread. It's ridiculous...it's like everyone has been waiting for this...a chance to finally bash Kai and Oscar because they're jealous of their success, or because they don't agree with their style...oh how sad.
    I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

Great post I agree entirely - Kai and Oscar do not have a clue and Dorian looked really pissed off with them

Quote Originally Posted by ekz View Post
    Have you ever watched Mark Dugdale A Week in the Dungeon??
    He was very humble.
    He listened to Yates.
    He did what he was supposed to do.

Kai doesn't have to change his training style. He is not going to train with Dorian for the rest of his life. Just do what Yates was doing for that specifically training, and thats all.

I am done in this post.

Is there a link to these videos?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMasko View Post
    I thought I red somewhere that some people have more explosive muscle fibers while other have the slower ones, something like fast twice muscle fibers I can't remember. So wouldnt Dorians method not work as good for the guys who have more explosive muscle fiber?
    I don't think there's much in that to be honest. Emphasizing a powerful positive without momentum, a squeeze and controlled negative will work best for just about anybody I would've thought.

Oscar got sore for sure after lol

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Muscle View Post
    lol at the people trashing Oscar and only have like 2 posts...The man knows his shit...Dorian schooled them yea but at the same time Oscar can school Dorian in some areas

what do multiple posts have to do with anything? lol at you

Dorian is a gold mine for training advice that's applicable to the average genetically-not-so-gifted lifter. I really enjoy his videos, and learn something new every time.

And, the guy does NOT fuck around in real life, either. His best friend, Brian Batcheldor, told me a story about how Dorian threw a man through a glass window over a business deal gone awry. Amazing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by lk3 View Post
    dorian must feel like what a waste of time
    oscar is overly dramatic and kai is just trying to take it easy lie it's some kind of vacation goes to show some muscle is just for show and than you have guys like dorian, ronnie and branch that have working muscle which will always seperate the men from the boys and the best from the so so's

Oscar had me rolling with them face he was moaning worse then a virgin on her prom night i guess that was blood and guts 2010 LOL

Kai does barbell rows like Lee Haney & Arnold did.. Obviously, he has no deficiencies in back development. He is also on very low to zero carbs at this point, and trying to follow Dorian's routine at this time is useless. And for those of you that think Oscar doesn't know shit, why don't you ask Desmond Miller, Orville Burke and Victor Martinez. All of them worked with Oscar years back. No one style of training is the end all for everyone. It could be argued that Charle's Glass' style of training is harder than Dorian's. It's a matter of preference.. And like most of you said about Oscar, Dorian doesn't know everything either..

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast