Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Arnold Prejudging Comparisons Video: Armchair judges, this is for you!

u can tell by the glutes that he lost his condition at the night finals.

Drexel Long - NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro MsGuns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Not anymore.. 2/3 in the morning.. 1/3 in the evening.

Kai won.. well earned. Kai looks good standing on his own..
    Not true...
    just spoke to another judge from the Arnold...

he says it all depends on the show and what they are looking for...
    JOIN my health transformation challenge
    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Quote Originally Posted by Self_titled View Post
    kais triceps look so wierd lol
    they look striated like they were carved from stone. That double tricep shot is just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMasko View Post
    For those saying Phil looked the same at night...no he didnt.

He was still in shape but not at the same level as prejudging.
    How could I not have noticed such a huge difference? He lost quite a bit.

anyone else notice that Roelly got 35 points, better than Dexter yet placed 7th? Im guessing its a typo in the score chart.
    Btw Phil did get robbed but by the photos he was obviously better in prejudging than finals.

Drexel Long - NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro MsGuns's Avatar

So soon2bswole, you think PHIL lost muscle by the time finals came around? really? wow, interesting.
    JOIN my health transformation challenge
    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Heath didnt slip that much, masko just posted the pic where heath isnt flexing his glutes 100%.
    Heres some better ones from the night show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -2012 NPC Illinois State Heavyweight and Overall Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMasko View Post
    For those saying Phil looked the same at night...no he didnt.

He was still in shape but not at the same level as prejudging.

that during his posing routine and he wasn even flexing his glutes or abs. Go look on the comparison photos of the night show clearly shows striated glutes

HSIT=HOMO SEX INTENSITY TRAINING

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bswoll View Post
    they look striated like they were carved from stone. That double tricep shot is just sick.

there striated yes they just have a wierd look to me.
    Like there is a huge gap or something lol

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by JT1225 View Post
    Phil Heath got robbed. No way did Kai get that much better and Phil that much worse from prejudging to the finals.

You speak tha truth.

If anyone can't see that Heath dominated that line-up, they are blind.

Phil looked bigger in a a lot of ways, even though he was lighter than Kai and he was WAYYYYY more conditiooned, not to mention he had superior lines and aesthetics.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrjoseph View Post
    It funny how you dont notice things the first time around. Phil is rubbing him self like every two seconds trying to fix his lack of oil situation and the lights were washing him out why the hell wasn't he darker all of these things affect the score Kai's presentation was just so much better to be honest i thought Phil looked better at night and kai faded the scores are backwards! But i still think Kai winning was just. Hes just so over powering in so many shots

Not only is Kai NOT really very overpowering at all based on that video, Phil actually looks to hold more size in certain bodyparts (athough Kai is thicker in general).

As far as Phil not having enough oil and not being dark enough, your right, but that does not in any way mean a WAYYYY less conditoned (more BF, more water), less aesthetic, lesser shaped BB'r like Kai should win the show.

Phil was better and deserved to win. He was by far the best BB'r up on that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    Not only is Kai NOT really very overpowering at all based on that video, Phil actually looks to hold more size in certain bodyparts (athough Kai is thicker in general).

As far as Phil not having enough oil and not being dark enough, your right, but that does not in any way mean a WAYYYY less conditoned (more BF, more water), less aesthetic, lesser shaped BB'r like Kai should win the show.

Phil was better and deserved to win. He was by far the best BB'r up on that stage.
    Let...go...

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by bummyb View Post
    I understand what you are saying, this vid was from prejudging and Phil was leading after prejudging??? Its exactly like you said scores are backwards?? How can Kai get straight 1st's when the free posing round isn't scored and Phil didn't fade from prej to finals and Kai didn't improve nearly enough to earn the scores they gave him??? Kai didn't get a single 2nd place vote or he did and it got thrown out? THE craziest thing is PHIL and Branch tied at the finals??? I think that Branch looked better at the night show, and 3rd was right, but how did the judges change their minds about Phil and Kai from morning to night when their physiques didn't change?

Brother, this is what I've been raging about for the last few days.

The simple truth is that the judges had made up their minds that Phil had the better body and that is why they scored him higher after several rounds of intense pre-judging with shit loads of comparisons.

In contrast, the posedown lasted a small fraction of the time in comparison to the pre-judging, in which they only compared the physiques at night for a few damn minutes and nowhere close to what they did in pre-judging.

The fact is, Kai didn't win because the Judges thought he was the better BB'r (as they already scored Heath superpior earlier), but the Judges had Kai win because they liked the way he presented himself on stage, as well as him being a past champion.

You do know that they can give virtually every point to whatever BB'r they want during the posedown just because they like the way a certain BB'r controlled the stage, or displayed a lot of energy, or made the crowd go nuts, or posed better, right?

That is the bold truth and it has been happening for years. They don't hide that fact either and will tell you things like "So and so pulled ahead because he really took it to the other guy during the posedown", or any number of ridiculous things like that.

The reason they have two judged rounds is so they can pick their winner for whatever reasons they want.

Zane defeated a PERFECTLY sscored Mike Mentzer (one of a rare few times an athlete has ever scored perfectly in the pre-judging at the O') because his superior posing skills and polish, along with the way he took the stage for the posedown, were superior to the rookie Mentzer.

Same thing with Jay and Ronnie in 2001. Jay didn't score prefectly, but he had a 6 point lead after pre-judging and lost the show because Ronnie went into the crown during the posedwon and made everyone go nuts. They were public in saying this.

They can award points in the posedown to whoever they want for whatever they want and that is the ONLY reason they judge that round!
    Last edited by Mike Arnold; March 11th, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton Pratt View Post
    Phil looked Better, IMO, Kai is a Beast though, no doubt. I think it was close, Phil Needs to put on a little more size in his legs and just work on coming in condition, I would hate to see him mess up his lines in quest for more and more size.

Did you just say Phil needs to work on coming into the show into condition, or did you mean that Phil nees to continue coming into the show in great condition?

If you meant Phil needs to work on his condition, as you said, this is my response below..........

I almost didn't address this stupidity, as Phil at the Arnold was by far the most conditioned BB'r at the show and is in the top3 BEST conditioned BB'rs in the entire wolrd!

Phil was in unbelievable condition. Do you know what condition means? Are you blind? ....and don't give some smart ass retort because you are the one that said, not me!

Phil had amazing condition and every single Judge, audience member and BB'ing fan in the WORLD ALL agrees that Heath was in fucking killer condition and blew away Kai in that department by leaps and bounds.

Heath was so much better conditioned than Kai that you can't even come close to putting the two in the same league when it comes to condition, period!

If you meant he needs to keep coming into shows in great condition, then of course, I agree with that and so does everyone else.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimmy View Post
    does anyone think that phil needed some oil and darker color?

Absolutely.

Not only was Phil better than Kai even with these deficiencies, but if he was 30% darker and had more oil, he would have been even more amazing.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by MsGuns View Post
    I didnt go to the men's show but I did talk to the head judge.
    Once I got home and watched the vid of the finals...
    To me KAI was getting harder after the final comparisons and as they were standing there waiting on the awards...PHIL was real relaxed and not even flexing...

Im still going w/ KAI BUT I dont get how PHIL was up by 3 and KAI overtook him at the finals...

Ive never seen that maybe by 1 point but 3...

Im still tryin to get a judge friend to explain this one to me...

But the head judge said CLEARLY Kai was the winner and he told me to tell the online people next time be at the show and sit as close as he was and you will see why the judges picked KAI as the winner.

I think this Judge converstaion clearly gives us our answer by the LACK of answers.

It's funny that the Judge told you Kai was the clear winner, but that same Judge scored Heath higher in pre-judging and then refused to give you an answer on how Phil lost a 3 point lead when you asked him. LOL. I think that explains everything.

You see, these Judges know damn well that if they told you exactly why and how they awarded points in the posddown (because it's always different from show to show depending on how someone feels), that you would be pissed and wouldn't think it was very fair. Instead, they choose not to answer at all.

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole300 View Post
    aint the show pretty much figure out by the end of prejudging anyway?so if phil won the prejudging i mean he looked a little different but not enough to have lost the show imo

No, even Shawn said in a video interview that the Arnold Finals appeared to count more than the pre-judging.

It isn't supposed to be that way, but the Judges leave the judging over 2 rounds (even though they have already completely compared and judged all the physiques fully), so that they can change placings around for any reason they want.

There is absolutely NO accountability or reasons given as to how they judge at the posedown or what is looked for when judging the posedown. We know one thing is certain, it is NOT only the physiques being judged. The thing is, that's the way they want it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast