Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Arnold Prejudging Comparisons Video: Armchair judges, this is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrjoseph View Post
    It funny how you dont notice things the first time around. Phil is rubbing him self like every two seconds trying to fix his lack of oil situation and the lights were washing him out why the hell wasn't he darker all of these things affect the score Kai's presentation was just so much better to be honest i thought Phil looked better at night and kai faded the scores are backwards! But i still think Kai winning was just. Hes just so over powering in so many shots
    i agree,
    instagram: lightsout50

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by MsGuns View Post
    Not true...
    just spoke to another judge from the Arnold...

he says it all depends on the show and what they are looking for...

Nice answer for a great way to give no answer at all. Let me interpret this comment from the head Judge below........

Fan: How much does both the pre-judging and the posedown count toward the judging?

Judge: Well, it all really matters on what show your at and what Judges are on the panel.

Fan: Really? I mean, isn't there any set criteria for judging a physique so that BB'rs know what to do to win?

Judge: No.

Fan: Well, what are you looking for at the pre-judging compared to the finals?

Judge: It all just depends. It could be a number of things.

Fan: Ohh, but what is the point of having 2 sperate rounds where you judge the physique 2 different times?

Judge: They are both for judging the physique.

Fan: But what's the difference? What are you looking for at each round?

Judge: I can't tell you because if I did, you would get pissed and say that BB'ing judging is a farse and poorly set-up.

Fan: Ouch! Well, why did Phil Heath lose the Arnold after winning the pre-judging by 3 points? Didn't you fully compare everyone at the pre-judging?

Judge: Yes, we did, but what we were looking for at pre-juding and what we were looking for at the night show were different, depending on a variety of factors. (such as who's the past champion, who dances better, who has better stage presence, who poses better, who we like, who has more energy, who gets a louder crowd response, who controls the stage, who has more confidence or any number of other things depending on what we are looking for on that day. Most of them are not related to the physique, as you can see when a BB'r wins the pre-judging but loses the show, but be quiet about that one. Most of the fans don't like that)

Fan: So basically, we just need to take your word for it that the judgung is the best it can be and not ask questions that really don't get answered?

Judge: Yes, that is correct. If you just play along and don't speak you mind, you won't get suspended like Lee Priest for 2 years and everyone will just be happier. Don't ever question shaky judging because this is a subjective sport that will never make it into the Olympics because we have no set rules, guidelines or criteria for making this sport's judging as accurate as possible. Leave that to the other forms of subjective judging, like ice skating and the rest of the world of sports. We BB'ing judges like keep things as confusing and illogical as possible, so that when tough questions get asked, we have an easy way out.

Fan: Ok, I guess that about wraps it up. Thanks.

Judge: No problem.
    Last edited by Mike Arnold; March 11th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bswoll View Post
    How could I not have noticed such a huge difference? He lost quite a bit.

Here are a few things to remmeber when looking at these photos.

1. Phil is not flexing his glutes in the one pic. When you look at other pics from the night show, you can see his glutes are striated 1like in pre-judging

2. There is a black backdrop at the pre-judging. Black backdrops ALWAYS make an athlete appear more defined when photographed against it in comparison to lighter or multi-color backdrops. This is common physique photography knowledge.

3. The stage lights are much brighter at the night show. They turn them brighter for the audience. Bright lights fade definition a LOT. Heath not being dark enough made the bright lights at the night show hurt him more than Kai, who is much darker.

All these factors make a huge difference between what you see in one photo compared to the other.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPaul View Post
    Heath didnt slip that much, masko just posted the pic where heath isnt flexing his glutes 100%.
    Heres some better ones from the night show.

X2......

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Let...go...

Let go of what? This thread? The purpose of this thread is for the "posters" to be able to judge the BB'rs physiques, so if you don't want to read a posters asessment that is in line with the threads intention, then GET FUCK OUT TROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by JT1225 View Post
    Phil Heath got robbed. No way did Kai get that much better and Phil that much worse from prejudging to the finals.
    Absolutely right!!!

Drexel Long - NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro MsGuns's Avatar

Mike, thats what the judge told me bc he didnt judge the men but here is another txt from him:
    that PHIL could have gotten 1st in the 1st round, 3rd/4th in the 2nd round and 3rd in the 3rd round. If KAI was ahead of him in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then KAI wins!
    JOIN my health transformation challenge
    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Does no one else think phil's narrowness might be what throws him off
    I think he is a great bb one of my fav's but HIs narrowness in chest and even
    legs really makes it look something is missing where is kai looks more complete?

It was close but I think Kai deserved the win

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS DUDE.....WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHIL GOT FUCKIN RIPPED OFF BIG TIME

Lol, I think phil looked "narrow" when he first turned pro... Now, not so much..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -2012 NPC Illinois State Heavyweight and Overall Champion

think the judging was correct don't think it was as big of a difference but heres what i think judges look for little things like not flexing your abs and glutes considering that Kai and Phil are amazing its the little things that set them aside theres no more blowouts in bodybuilding after Coleman's reign ended so they have to go to the smaller details Kai stay sharp while heath missed the opportunity but its just my opinion congrats on kai for retaining his title

Quote Originally Posted by BGJimmy View Post
    Does no one else think phil's narrowness might be what throws him off
    I think he is a great bb one of my fav's but HIs narrowness in chest and even
    legs really makes it look something is missing where is kai looks more complete?

It was close but I think Kai deserved the win
    no i dont think so, he has a very pleasing physique and well put together. Just those arms really shadow his chest....bodybuilding shouldn be focus on how wide can i get
    HSIT=HOMO SEX INTENSITY TRAINING

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPaul View Post
    Lol, I think phil looked "narrow" when he first turned pro... Now, not so much..

True.

Also, when you watch the video posedown with the top 6, Phil actually looks like he has a bigger, wider chest thgan Kai and doean't really look too narrow at all. Sure, he doesn't look as wide as some guys, but his chest when standing relaxed is definitely NOT small or narrow anymore.

Phil Heath should have won.

Kai had him on a few "power shots", like front/rear lats...and has more massive lower body. That's it.

Phil had everyone on conditioning, symmetry and proportion. I guess he's gotta pay his dues for another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    Phil Heath should have won.

Kai had him on a few "power shots", like front/rear lats...and has more massive lower body. That's it.

Phil had everyone on conditioning, symmetry and proportion. I guess he's gotta pay his dues for another year or two.
    u said it yourself bro kai had him on a few front and rear lats are power moves big scorers if u dominate someone in those areas like they say he who has the best back wins

Quote Originally Posted by JT1225 View Post
    Phil Heath got robbed. No way did Kai get that much better and Phil that much worse from prejudging to the finals.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the finals are no longer scored, its just the prejudging.

I think Phil looked great, and so did Kai. I don't understand how Phil could be up after the prejudging and then lose the show. Phil does look a lot bigger than he really is because of his shape, but you can't deny that Kai has superior back and legs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast