Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phil Heath's Arms TOO Big?

Default Phil Heath's Arms TOO Big?

Most of us can agree that Phil Heath has some of the best, (if not the best) arms in bodybuilding. However, I honestly believe his arms may be holding him back slightly, especially his triceps.

Due to the size of his arms he actually creates the illusion of him being narrower. His arms over power his chest, making his chest seem smaller/more narrow, thus making his clavicles that much narrower. If he laid off on his arm training, just toning down his intensity, it could be benneficial.

Thoughts?

Iron Addict

Maybe. But his arms are amazing. I think its more along the lines of that his arms are genetically perfect and his chest/clavicles just isnt. He can make it less noticeable by laying off arms and focusing more on upper chest, but then what? At the expense of not flaunting his perfect arms? Kinda just the cards he was dealt with imo

This was the first time I didn't notice his narrowness.

I think he's already made some changes that make that not nearly as noticeable as it was before.

Starting a thread like this without pics is straight up fail, we need a rep system.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Starting a thread like this without pics is straight up fail, we need a rep system.
    so this site can be filled with douchebags just like bodybuilding.com?

If you've got a freaky bodypart, my god, keep it! Bring everything else up to match. Why relinquish a strength? I think Heath has done just that -- brought up his chest, his delts, so that his m. muscular looks very balanced now.

It's an illusion because of his lagging chest, other than that he looks pretty awesome to me.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Phil is still young he's gotta keep the freaky arms and bring everything else up to match in particular his legs.

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

No, its his signature.

Phil is very young in comparison to others. He cant play the size the game, his bone structure will not allow for it, But he can improve the sweep on his thighs and get more of a 3D look to his back

Hes doing a phenomenal job, I wonder how long it will take before MD signs him on
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    so this site can be filled with douchebags just like bodybuilding.com?
    That's exactly the reason why I left that shitty-ass website. It's also a haven for terribly misinformed miscreants.

Agree. His arms throw off his balance.

I said this after the Arnold and nobody agreed.

Its akin to Tom Platz and his ginormous thighs.

Makes his chest, delts and back look small.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Did you forget what he looks like on stage?

vargasty

Bullshit. Arms have always been a coveted body part. It seperates him from all the other compettitors, just like Branches Legs. If he stops training them, others will catch up to him and he loses that adantage over everyone else. Kai and Victor have equally impressive arms and Phil can't afford to let anyone else rival him. I think it was obvious that the judges had him ahead during the pre-judging part of the Arnold. All he needs to do is keep doing whatever the hell it is he does.

Well, whatever the judges thought about his arms must not have been too bad.
    Trying really hard not to be a lurker anymore!

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by macker00001 View Post
    Phil is still young he's gotta keep the freaky arms and bring everything else up to match in particular his legs.
    I think his legs are real good, just not better then Branch or Kai's. He has been targeting them this year from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    If you've got a freaky bodypart, my god, keep it! Bring everything else up to match. Why relinquish a strength? I think Heath has done just that -- brought up his chest, his delts, so that his m. muscular looks very balanced now.
    his weaknesses become even more apparent when he hits his crab most muscular. his most muscular is what definitely throws off his "balance."

he will always appear narrow, the best thing he can do is keep hammering his chest and delts to give the illusion of appearing wider.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast