Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves of the Day!

Rainy days i hateeee them!
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by GOODFELLAS View Post
    women and their 10,000 mood swings each day.
    Oh, men have mood swings. They prefer to refer to them as "dealing with stress" instead.

It's still early enough that nothing has happened today, but I did want to post a pet peeve that I encounter regularly at work: people who know jack shit about nutrition coming into the store and asking for diet pills that will work NOW. Now, sure, they see ads and they all tend to come in there with that attitude and I have to explain how diet pills work and that even if they were to work some magic it's only temporary, and that the real way to achieve their goals is proper nutrition and regular exercise. But some people get stupid about it. Real stupid. The dumbest one to date was some younger guy that came in...

Him: "I know all these work better if you're doing diet and exercise, but is there a pill that works if you're just laying around the house all day?"
    Me: "Well, to be honest, if there was a pill that worked that way, all the other companies would be put out of business. But you can certainly try them, see if it works, and if it doesn't you can keep your receipt, return it, and try another one."
    Him: "Can I take them with alcohol?"
    Me: "Well, kinda defeats the...[I kinda give up trying to explain stuff to him]...yeah, sure. These are uppers, alcohol's a downer, so yeah. It's like a Jager Bomb...an upper and a downer. It should be fine."
    Him: "What's a Jager Bomb?"
    Me: "It's an energy drink plus a shot of Jager. I was just trying to use it as an example to show that you can take an upper and a downer at the same time."
    Him: "Upper and downer?"
    Me: "An 'upper' is something that gives you more energy. It's a stimulant. A 'downer' is a depressant."
    Him: "So what about the alcohol?"
    Me: "It's a depressant."
    Him: "Then what's with the energy drink?"
    Me [getting more annoyed]: "It was just an example. Just don't worry about taking the diet pill with alcohol."
    Him: "You know what? Eff this, I'm just going to stop eating."
    Some Muscular Guy In Earshot: "Don't do that, man. Your body will just eat its muscle and you'll get even flabbier." [walks off]
    Me: "That gentleman is right."
    Him: "How the hell does that even make sense?"
    Me: "[explains]"
    Him: "That's stupid, I don't believe you."
    Me: "Well, you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with biological fact, so..."
    Him: "If that were true, then all the starving kids in Africa would be fat! They're all skinny!"
    Me: "That's because they have absolutely nothing available to them to eat, and they're also diseased. And they die when they're, like, 6 years old. If you're comfortable with not eating and getting sick and dying soon, then yeah, more power to you."

I then went to help other customers, and he followed me to listen in on something I was saying about protein powder.
    Him: "If that stuff's so great, then why should I drink water?"
    Me: "Because you're 75% water and you'd die without it."
    Him: "Then why should I drink protein?"
    Me: "You don't have to drink protein, but you do need to get protein in your diet."
    Him: "No, I want to drink that stuff. So why should I?"
    Me: "Protein repairs cells. If you managed to never get protein in your diet, you'd just end up dying."
    Him: "So why should I drink water?"
    Me: "It's not one or the other. You need protein, carbs, fats, water..."
    Him: "Well, I just want one."
    Me: "Go for it."

The dude later went on to threaten me, so I chewed his ass and kicked him out of the store.
    Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryriddick View Post
    Oh, men have mood swings. They prefer to refer to them as "dealing with stress" instead.

It's still early enough that nothing has happened today, but I did want to post a pet peeve that I encounter regularly at work: people who know jack shit about nutrition coming into the store and asking for diet pills that will work NOW. Now, sure, they see ads and they all tend to come in there with that attitude and I have to explain how diet pills work and that even if they were to work some magic it's only temporary, and that the real way to achieve their goals is proper nutrition and regular exercise. But some people get stupid about it. Real stupid. The dumbest one to date was some younger guy that came in...

Him: "I know all these work better if you're doing diet and exercise, but is there a pill that works if you're just laying around the house all day?"
    Me: "Well, to be honest, if there was a pill that worked that way, all the other companies would be put out of business. But you can certainly try them, see if it works, and if it doesn't you can keep your receipt, return it, and try another one."
    Me: "Well, kinda defeats the...[I kinda give up trying to explain stuff to him]...yeah, sure. These are uppers, alcohol's a downer, so yeah. It's like a Jager Bomb...an upper and a downer. It should be fine."
    Me: "It's an energy drink plus a shot of Jager. I was just trying to use it as an example to show that you can take an upper and a downer at the same time."
    Me: "An 'upper' is something that gives you more energy. It's a stimulant. A 'downer' is a depressant."
    Me [getting more annoyed]: "It was just an example. Just don't worry about taking the diet pill with alcohol."
    Some Muscular Guy In Earshot: "Don't do that, man. Your body will just eat its muscle and you'll get even flabbier." [walks off]
    Me: "Well, you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with biological fact, so..."
    Him: "If that were true, then all the starving kids in Africa would be fat! They're all skinny!"
    Me: "That's because they have absolutely nothing available to them to eat, and they're also diseased. And they die when they're, like, 6 years old. If you're comfortable with not eating and getting sick and dying soon, then yeah, more power to you."

I then went to help other customers, and he followed me to listen in on something I was saying about protein powder.
    Me: "You don't have to drink protein, but you do need to get protein in your diet."
    Me: "Protein repairs cells. If you managed to never get protein in your diet, you'd just end up dying."

The dude later went on to threaten me, so I chewed his ass and kicked him out of the store.
    OMG you have patience! I so would have smacked his ass LOL your job sounds fun!!

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

That is sooooo true.

haha don't ask me why I am on a thread for ladies but that is so funny yet depressing
    as I have deal with that shit every day. It's like they actually think your playing a trick
    on them! In the worst cases I've resorted to laughter and piss taking....
    I feel like I waste my life with them.

following quotes I've had to deal with

"but my mate said I only need to bicep curls with 5kg for 15reps and not to go
    any heavier" (note this is after I just given him a massive physiology talk)

"but you haven't got a pec dec machine"
    me - "and?"
    "there the most hardcore machine in gyms"
    me - "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

"which cardio machine will help me bulk up?"

pointing a mag cover of jay cutler "I don't want to get that big"
    I exlpain how it just won't happen "yeh but I don't want to risk it"

incredible......
    just little things

The dangers of working with the public lol

Quote Originally Posted by BGJimmy View Post
    haha don't ask me why I am on a thread for ladies but that is so funny yet depressing
    as I have deal with that shit every day. It's like they actually think your playing a trick
    on them! In the worst cases I've resorted to laughter and piss taking....
    I feel like I waste my life with them.

following quotes I've had to deal with

"but my mate said I only need to bicep curls with 5kg for 15reps and not to go
    any heavier" (note this is after I just given him a massive physiology talk)

"but you haven't got a pec dec machine"
    me - "and?"
    "there the most hardcore machine in gyms"
    me - "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

"which cardio machine will help me bulk up?"

incredible......
    just little things

The dangers of working with the public lol
    LOL hey the ladies locker room is where the party is at

gad dammit why did no one tell me??? (

gad dammit why did no one tell me??? (
    Well now you know where the party is at feel free to stop by whenever you wantttttt

For fucking serious, man. I deal with that shit, too. I have two responses for those people.

"You know, I'm trying to add mass. The fact that you think it's so easy that you'll get big on accident spits in the face of everything that I do, from my specific diet to my specific lifting regimen to my specific recovery time."

OR

"You know what? If you put on a whole crap-load of muscle in a month, here's what you do: go down to the [local medical research university] and have them do a muscle biopsy. Then, extract whatever magic you have with your genetics that you think you can add 10lbs of muscle in a week [people honestly say this], and then bottle it and sell it to me, because I have to work my ass off. If you're putting on 10lbs of muscle just because you did a set of squats, you're not genetically-gifted...you're made of magic and I want some."

Seriously, some people fucking believe they can add 5-10lbs of muscle just because they used the leg press, I fucking shit you not. They honestly believe this.

Juicy, I gotta have patience. I was in the Marine Corps...you learn to bite your tongue!

Smelly people in the gym at 5am! Like really, it's too damn early for that!!

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
    Smelly people in the gym at 5am! Like really, it's too damn early for that!!
    That's because those early birds just got out of bed and went straight to the gym without showering.

Behemoth

After I determine if he is a mystery or secret shopper, I would have ejected him from the premises for being stupid and wasting my time. I'm all for customer service but this guy is nuts. He threatened you? I would ban his ass from the store and have security nearby if shows up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ibarramedia View Post
    That's because those early birds just got out of bed and went straight to the gym without showering.
    LOL i shower every night before bed. They should do the same LOL

People who keep being persistent when my answer is still going to be NO!

Today, I dealt with a guy who repeatedly emphasized he wanted my opinion, help, and expertise, who then proceeded to interrupt me pretty much every time I started talking.

gotta love it
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Dead ipod

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast