Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2011 Australian Pro

Default 2011 Australian Pro

I know that we just had a successful 2010 Australian Pro show, with some of the biggest names in the sport coming down under.
    Unfortunatley i wasn't there, but i was wondering a few things.
    Lee do you know whether the show was a sell out or not? If it wasn't do you think that maybe a reason could be that not enough big named Pros didn't make it down.

Is there anything that could make the Aussie Pro Show the show that every Pro internationally and domestic wants to compete in.
    Could maybe going into partnership with Tony and maybe re -name the show to the Australian Lee Priest Pro or something like that. Alot of Pros have there name to shows like Dexter, Ronnie, Arnold, Shawn has his Camp thing, I mean you are Australia biggest most sucessful ever, you have earnt to have your name to a show and with a name like yours behind it, it could help make the show bigger.
    Don't get me wrong Tony is doing a great job and i respect what he has done for Australian Bodybuilding already. But what could help put Australia on the map for bodybuilding comps. This question is for all aswell not just Lee.
    'Consistancy' and 'Quality not Quantity'

Amateur Threat THE BEST DAMN GURU's Avatar

The show was a great success. Not sure if it sold out 100% but it had a really good crowd... both pre judging and night show. I didn't watch the amature show, so not sure how many watched that, but Tony treats every competitor the same. With respect and care.

Tony is planning on something for next year. Should be even better than this years show.

I think the Australian Pro is a great show ... the reason not many pros do this, is that it is a long trip to undertake while dieting. It would be great if there were 2 or even 3 shows held in maybe Sydney and Brisbane. This will give more incentive for pros to come here to compete. And it will draw more attention to Australia. As for the local talent ... I don't even know how many pro's we have here... so I think for now, it is important to get foreign competitors who wants to be a part of this show.

If things go well with the company, we are hoping to be a sponsor again ... but I don't think Lee is looking to change the name or would be interested in having Tony change anything. The Australian Pro says it all.

Maybe more sponsors should get involved ... up the prize money, that could draw more attention to it.
    Where do I go to get the truth .. Let just say it start with a V ... has a P ... and ends in X...

Quote Originally Posted by THESPAWN View Post
    The show was a great success. Not sure if it sold out 100% but it had a really good crowd... both pre judging and night show. I didn't watch the amature show, so not sure how many watched that, but Tony treats every competitor the same. With respect and care.

Tony is planning on something for next year. Should be even better than this years show.

I think the Australian Pro is a great show ... the reason not many pros do this, is that it is a long trip to undertake while dieting. It would be great if there were 2 or even 3 shows held in maybe Sydney and Brisbane. This will give more incentive for pros to come here to compete. And it will draw more attention to Australia. As for the local talent ... I don't even know how many pro's we have here... so I think for now, it is important to get foreign competitors who wants to be a part of this show.

If things go well with the company, we are hoping to be a sponsor again ... but I don't think Lee is looking to change the name or would be interested in having Tony change anything. The Australian Pro says it all.

Maybe more sponsors should get involved ... up the prize money, that could draw more attention to it.
    Yeah!, a second Pro show would be a great idea! Bigger prize pool would definitly help. It is a bit of a hike coming here to Aus, and that was my inital thought on why not all of them come here.

Yes 20 will be great with the expo added and some other things over 2 days....Tony does a great job and i will be there ...Yes onstage in the line up...So you better all come
    Infinite + 1 = Doing what others are scared to dream of.

Bro Scientist

Some of the guys have said (Branch as a example) that the plane trip takes a real toll on the body and the dieting. Lots of fluid retention and he was not happy to bring that package on stage. Didnt seem to affect Kai though. Maybe the travelling pro's need a bit longer here before the show. I would love to attend and have have a expo of some kind, maybe team up with the Australian Fitness Expo? Just a idea, a few guys come here for this (Flex Lewis last year) Its in April next weekend. Have to be in Sydney though.

AZZA

Quote Originally Posted by aarons View Post
    Some of the guys have said (Branch as a example) that the plane trip takes a real toll on the body and the dieting. Lots of fluid retention and he was not happy to bring that package on stage. Didnt seem to affect Kai though. Maybe the travelling pro's need a bit longer here before the show. I would love to attend and have have a expo of some kind, maybe team up with the Australian Fitness Expo? Just a idea, a few guys come here for this (Flex Lewis last year) Its in April next weekend. Have to be in Sydney though.

AZZA
    Yeah a Filex and Aus Pro Combo in late April would be a great idea aswell. I reckon with a combo like that, the Filex may consider moving to Melbourne. Plus the extra time in between the Arnold and the Aus show would give time for the Pros to get settled and recover from the flight before the show.

Amateur Threat THE BEST DAMN GURU's Avatar

Also mean they have to be on the diet an extra 6weeks... Reason these guys do shows back to back is to get it over with. Then take break before the big one. I think if it could be no more than 2weeks apart, it would give them time to fly over(and not rush through their schedules), recover, train and settle back into a routine...Also you don't want to add extra expenses for the promotor by having a longer stay
    I don't see Filex moving from Sydney. It's one of the big events for the city and they'll do whatever to retain that revenue.

But as said ... Tony is planning a great event for next year. With a weekend long event to add more to the whole experience.
    Where do I go to get the truth .. Let just say it start with a V ... has a P ... and ends in X...

Quote Originally Posted by THESPAWN View Post
    Also mean they have to be on the diet an extra 6weeks... Reason these guys do shows back to back is to get it over with. Then take break before the big one. I think if it could be no more than 2weeks apart, it would give them time to fly over(and not rush through their schedules), recover, train and settle back into a routine...Also you don't want to add extra expenses for the promotor by having a longer stay
    I don't see Filex moving from Sydney. It's one of the big events for the city and they'll do whatever to retain that revenue.

But as said ... Tony is planning a great event for next year. With a weekend long event to add more to the whole experience.
    Some really good points Spawns. Have have no doubt Tony will out do himself again. I will not miss the 2011 show thats for sure.

What really should happen is... a POST Arnold Classic - Australasian Grand Prix tour to include Japan and New Zealand have pro shows on in successive weeks. Then they can link back into the US calendar ie the Europa and the NY pro.