Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    No you haven't, otherwise there would be no doubt.
    That's not true. Even the staunchest believers have SOME doubt. Ask MFcruncher. Ask Mother Theresa.

Anyone who is 100% sure of anything is either insane or a fool.
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Who told you this?

If a massmurder pedo asks for forgivness then he may be forgiven eventually would be my guess. But, there is a strong chance he could be cast into purgatory for a couple thousand years.

Also, if you don't believe in god then god will ask you if you believe when you die, er there is a strong chance he will because god does not want anyone to be cast into hell.

Because if you cast into hell you will not know god what so ever, and the hopelessness of not knowing your ever going to get out would be insane. Not to mention you have a body in hell, in which you die over and over again.
    Purgatory doesn't exist anymore. The Pope cancelled it. Haven't you heard? I'm not kidding.

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stackndeca View Post
    "All whose names were not found written in the book of life were thrown into the lake of fire". Revelation 20:15
    I don't know why,but I just LOL'd hard when I read that....
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    Purgatory doesn't exist anymore. The Pope cancelled it. Haven't you heard? I'm not kidding.
    Ya beat me to it! Its been quite a few years now hasn't it?
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

[Love, for the Day is Near] Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.- Romans 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by wildman536 View Post
    nice
    What does that mean? Please explain it.

[ Suffering for Doing Good ] Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
    -1 Peter 3:8 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomrivera View Post

[ Suffering for Doing Good ] Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
    -1 Peter 3:8 NIV
    Many many many Christians do NOT follow this precept. Clearly, though, it's not God or Christ's fault; again, a corruption caused by mankind. Those people who bomb abortion clinics; jeer & celebrate at military funerals; kill gays; practice or preach intolerance, etc., are people who are NOT truly in touch with God. These are the perversions of human beings who couldn't interpret "Twilight", much less the Bible.

Unfortunately, not only can they notinterpret the "hard stuff" in the Bible, they can't even grasp the simple, straightforward things such as this verse
    Last edited by Pudge; April 17th, 2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Rainbows & kittens rock!

The creation bears witness of the Creator...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    Do some good here in what way?
    Out, foul demon! OUT!

Wildman, would you accept an innocent young man being sent to the electric chair for a crime YOU haven't yet committed?
    Original sin apparently is not the same as "a crime YOU haven't yet commited," Mike. It's a sin you can't avoid, one bestowed upon you at birth or, hey, before birth.

hey not trying to get into a debate. The ungodly will persistently try and pursue confusion instead of just sitting back and realizing that their questions make no sense just as the Bible makes no sense to them.
    This is the Internet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I believe in Frodo the ring bearer. Does that make me strong?

I believe in unicorns. Does that make me strong?
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt View Post
    Unicorns were in the Bible so you are covered.....

JOB 39

9Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?
    Sadly, they missed the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisJamesW-III View Post
    Not bible verses but verses none the less.(snip)
    "Nonetheless is ONE word!"
    Curt 1:31

It is clearly an ancient text written by ancient people, some frightened, some manipulative, some kindhearted and sincere, and some vicious and evil in their intent.
    Fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
    nicely put. One of the compelling issues for me is that I'm convinced the christian god (as described in the bible) is in no way morally superior. For instance, this one slays me: a homicidal pedophile mass murderer can get into heaven by formally accepting jesus as the son of god and asking for forgiveness, while the most moral, selfless, thinking individual that does not believe in god will be damned to the pits of hell forever.

That, to me, tells me the bible is a human recruiting tool, not the work of a morally superior super being.
    This is definitely a sticking point or a weakness from my perspective. I always thought that "good works" really should have been marketed as an "in" or a shortcut to Heaven. Sinning is second nature. Who doesn't enjoy...

1. Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
    2. Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.
    3. Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.
    4. Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.
    5. Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.
    6. Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.
    7. Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

To overcome the obvious appeal of lust, greed, and envy, someone somewhere along the line should have written:

"Hey, we're all human, so if you simply do some good works then we'll overlook your lust occasionally, your greed will be given the blind eye, and we'll make allowances for your anger now and again. Go and build that orphanage and then hit the buffet free of guilt!"

(snip)Christopher Hitchens.

Check out his video about the virgin birth, too. Wasn't familiar with those other examples.

Christians ask you love your enemy, this is sadomasochistic.
    It might be sadomasochistic, but how is it any worse than throwing fuel on a fire by way of returning an evil act with another evil act thus encouraging the damage and heartbreak of violence?

Regardless, I'm an Old Testament guy.

"When I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me."
    Deuteronomy 32:41

Have a nice day!

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
    -Isaiah 53:5 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomrivera View Post

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
    -Isaiah 53:5 NIV
    nice

[Christ the Wisdom and Power of God] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.- 1 Corinthians 1:18

[Christ the Wisdom and Power of God] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.- 1 Corinthians 1:18
    i believe this verse fits perfectly with how people view Christians and how we are so weak minded and need a 'control.'

i NEVER think of myself as being controlled by God. i consider myself free from the bonds of sin. i serve out of love and try to carry my cross as Christ did.

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.- Romans 10:9-10
    ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

Banned

That's not true. Even the staunchest believers have SOME doubt. Ask MFcruncher. Ask Mother Theresa.

Anyone who is 100% sure of anything is either insane or a fool.
    It's exactly the opposite actually. If your not 100 percent sure of something then either your insane or a fool who likes to waste time.

If it's in the bible, it's there Mike.

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast