Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    All of those things are wonderful, but what does any of it have to do with the reality of an ancient sacrifice?

Let's back up a moment because we may not be o the same page.

You seemed to be suggesting that those who find God in extraordinary circumstances prove the reality of all that we have been talking about, namely the truth and necessity of the crucifixion.

Do I have that right?

Well this 'ancient sacrifice' is what alot of people such as yourself wonder about, and that's normal. But the most brutal killers will come to their knee's and believe when faced with death. Why do I say this? Basically I'm saying that it's easy to see the truth of things when the end is near.

And absoulutley, this extraordinary events help many people see the reality of the truth. And those that don't, or fail to ever believe or event attempt to be a good person...........well we won't go there that is another whole discussion. Is this hard for you to believe Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomrivera View Post
    isn't everyone kinda predictable in P&R? the same arguments have been brought up for thousands of years. lol!

yet here we are...
    But we're going to be the ones to finally SOLVE them!!! LOL!
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.- 1 Corinthians 15:20-22
    ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomrivera View Post
    so true my friend. i was thinking of all that i have been through these past weeks, and it isn't getting any better...but for some reason i can't stop smiling...i am more optimistic than ever!

life is good and i have nowhere to go but up!!
    just believe bro BELIEVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    Well this 'ancient sacrifice' is what alot of people such as yourself wonder about, and that's normal. But the most brutal killers will come to their knee's and believe when faced with death. Why do I say this? Basically I'm saying that it's easy to see the truth of things when the end is near.

And absoulutley, this extraordinary events help many people see the reality of the truth. And those that don't, or fail to ever believe or event attempt to be a good person...........well we won't go there that is another whole discussion. Is this hard for you to believe Mike?
    Not at all! You are right that extraordinary circumstances often gain faith.

But to me that kind of conversion seems like a confession gotten under torture. It doesn't count.

The real question is why don't people at the top of their game "find" God? Is there something about being at the bottom of the the barrel that creates a need to believe in something...anything? Something to grasp onto like a man hinging from a cliff grasping at a weed.

That's how I see it anyway. People under duress finding God undermines the idea that God is real for me.

"And those that don't, or fail to ever believe or event attempt to be a good person...........well we won't go there..."

I've asked this question before and haven't really gotten a good answer. If you live a good life as God prescribes but you don't believe in God or pray to Him what do you think happens to you when you die?

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post

Sounds very Zen like...

“War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

But to me that kind of conversion seems like a confession gotten under torture. It doesn't count.

The real question is why don't people at the top of their game "find" God? Is there something about being at the bottom of the the barrel that creates a need to believe in something...anything? Something to grasp onto like a man hinging from a cliff grasping at a weed.

That's how I see it anyway. People under duress finding God undermines the idea that God is real for me.

"And those that don't, or fail to ever believe or event attempt to be a good person...........well we won't go there..."

I've asked this question before and haven't really gotten a good answer. If you live a good life as God prescribes but you don't believe in God or pray to Him what do you think happens to you when you die?

Reminds me of a passage I just read @ lunch this afternoon on comparing Christianity and Buddhism and ethics with a Benedictine Monk and a Buddhist Master

The monk began by asking...Christians try to conform their conduct to some external law given by God or by the Church. That cannot be , of course, in Buddhism. So how then ,in practice, do Buddhists knowwhat is the right od wrong thing to do? What is their rule of action in everyday life so they know what to do?

The master replied...The concept of ethics does not come into BUddhism. What we talk about is Enlightenment. If one is enlightened, everything he does is good...in other words he lives in a domain where there is no distinction between good and evil.
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by wildman536 View Post
    But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.- 1 Corinthians 15:20-22
    im reading 1 Corinthians right now.

Verse of the Day!

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. -1 Corinthians 15:55-57

Thoughts on today's verse

Victory! Ultimate Victory!! If you don't have the answer for life's biggest test, death, then you have no victory. The Super Bowl and World Series are played every year. The champion is a victor for only one year. But a Christian is a champion forever because of Jesus. A Christian has victory over death.

Prayer:

Thank you God for giving me victory in Jesus Christ. Make his will triumphant in my daily struggles with sin. Through my Triumphant King I ask it. Amen.
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Since therefore we are justified by faith, how much more shall we escape from God's wrath through HIM.
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

bold, sometime you have the wittiest comments. that was hillarious., it's true.
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    bold, sometime you have the wittiest comments. that was hillarious., it's true.
    You made it your SIGNATURE??

You made it your SIGNATURE??
    i love it, it's kind of true for me and many others, lol

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    i love it, it's kind of true for me and many others, lol
    But I'm still kind of curious what it means to you because obviously I don't mean it in a good way!

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.- 1 Corinthians 15:55-57

So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.-1 Corinthians 4(1-2)

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.-1 Corinthians 5(12-13a)NIV

Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast