Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Power of the mind thought for the day

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    Is that a commentary on my posts or have you finally gone off the deep end??

By the way, you DO think you are God.
    LOL, I have god living in me, is that the same thing. God is extremely loving to abide in my spirit. Why would he do that? (rhetorical question, don't answer)
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    LOL, I have god living in me, is that the same thing.

Of course it is, you fool! It's exactly the same thing.
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

What is evolution? The idea that good, as we define it, will continue.
    No, the sentiment is simply that our world is evolving and not static. Good has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Urine View Post
    No, the sentiment is simply that our world is evolving and not static. Good has nothing to do with it.
    I agree, "good" has nothing to do with it. I also agree that evolution and good are not synonymous as the word good is an interpretation by man about life, which I agree, is not "good", it just "is". As stated in genesis, the only one that thought the existence of man was good was God, but as you said, He doesn't count or even exist.
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Of course it is, you fool! It's exactly the same thing.

Ying yang philosophy? Ah, as easy to prove as the mythological God known as Jesus!

Ying yang philosophy? Ah, as easy to prove as the mythological God known as Jesus!
    I can prove ying yang.
    your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
    Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Quote Originally Posted by stackndeca View Post
    I can prove ying yang.

I'm curious!

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Great... A lesson in Tao!
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

I'm curious!
    Well i guess it's more of a trick thing because it not something that is supernatural. Black and white, action and non action, and so forth. It is exhibited all around us. Lot's of people think it's a mystical thing because it's another language it's more of an expression of nature as i have come to see and understand it.

I know you read it mike and i have been slacking in my temple of clarity, but for others there is more in depth on yin/yang in there. I'll try to make some time this week to go into it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by stackndeca View Post
    Well i guess it's more of a trick thing because it not something that is supernatural. Black and white, action and non action, and so forth. It is exhibited all around us. Lot's of people think it's a mystical thing because it's another language it's more of an expression of nature as i have come to see and understand it.

I know you read it mike and i have been slacking in my temple of clarity, but for others there is more in depth on yin/yang in there. I'll try to make some time this week to go into it some more.

I think yin/yang is the simplest thing in the world to see with one's own eyes. It's not mystical at all. It's everywhere around us. There is no thing that does not have the seed of its opposite within it.

I think yin/yang is the simplest thing in the world to see with one's own eyes. It's not mystical at all. It's everywhere around us. There is no thing that does not have the seed of its opposite within it.
    Exactly, without one you can't have the other. A basic philosophy that's existed in many forms and had many names since the beginning of complex thought but has always been exhibited since the beginning of time.

I agree, "good" has nothing to do with it.
    Which makes your whole post moot. You introduce straw men a lot.

as long as we're talking about opposites, name something/someone(other than me) that is evil

as long as we're talking about opposites, name something/someone(other than me) that is evil
    I can't. There is no such thing. That is my point. Even the most evil-seeming person or event has SOME good inherent within it or some good that comes of it.

I can't. There is no such thing. That is my point. Even the most evil-seeming person or event has SOME good inherent within it or some good that comes of it.
    so then, what is it that humanity aspires to?

so then, what is it that humanity aspires to?
    I know where you are going with this.

What does religion teach humanity to aspire to? Has it worked??

Headlines today...

Times Sq. bomber says 'war with Muslims has just begun'

Oct 5, 2010 4:05pm

NEW YORK (AP) — The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square says Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims.

As he was sentenced today to life in prison, Faisal Shahzad (FY'-sul shah-ZAHD') told a federal judge in New York that "the war with Muslims has just begun."

U.S. District Judge Miriam Cedarbaum told him she hoped he would use some of his time behind bars thinking carefully about whether the Quran really wants him "to kill lots of people."

The sentence was a foregone conclusion, since Shahzad pleaded guilty in June to charges that carry a mandatory life term. But the former budget analyst from Connecticut used his courtroom appearance to rail against the U.S., saying the country will pay for occupying Muslim countries.

Shahzad smirked when the judge imposed the sentence. Asked if he had any final words, he said, "I'm happy with the deal that God has given me."

Every time you read it or say it (whether it be a positive or negative affirmation) you create another copy in your brain.

Dan Dennett

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast