Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Power of the mind thought for the day

Default Power of the mind thought for the day

To permit your mind to dwell upon the inferior is to become inferior and to surround yourself with inferior things.

On the other hand, to fix your attention on the best is to surround yourself with the best and to become the best.

Wallace Wattles
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

"You are to become a creator, not a competitor; you are going to get what you want, but in such a way that when you get it every other man will have more than he has now. "

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    "You are to become a creator, not a competitor; you are going to get what you want, but in such a way that when you get it every other man will have more than he has now. "
    Karl Marx?

Faith—not a faith in one’s self or in one’s own powers but faith in principle; in the Something Great which upholds right, and which may be relied upon to give us the victory in due time. Without this faith it is not possible for any one to rise to real greatness.

You must learn to see the world as being produced by evolution; as a something which is evolving and becoming, not as a finished work.

~ Wallace D. Wattles

Faith—not a faith in one’s self or in one’s own powers but faith in principle; in the Something Great which upholds right, and which may be relied upon to give us the victory in due time. Without this faith it is not possible for any one to rise to real greatness.

You must learn to see the world as being produced by evolution; as a something which is evolving and becoming, not as a finished work.

~ Wallace D. Wattles
    I like the first paragraph. Second..makes no sense at all. What is evolution? The idea that good, as we define it, will continue. Doesn't explain the source or the power which made evolution "good" whatever that is. That's another thing, how about for the Cambodian children at the hands of Pol Pot, or the "crusaders" or the Jews or the little kid that gets sold into slavery. Where does evolution provide justice or good for a life they had no control of??? What did these victims have to rely upon, as you suggest???? IS evolution really good or do we just trust that Wattles said "evolving and becoming" something that is really good.

Now, answer that before you comment on my comment please. That's one reason I like the Bible. Revelations and Daniel give a realistic view of the world, a brutal picture of the world, one filled with suffering, and suffering to heal it. Self-sacrifice. There's reference to nuclear annhialation based on world war. It gives a realistic idea of reality that we see and live in every day. Not some pie in the sky idea of people evolving into fairies some day.

I sincerely believe that idea of "social evolution leading to some type of utopia" is a luxury native to people isolated from a brutal world. From our couches in the suburbs, we watch it all unfold on TV and somehow think that we're in the trenches making a difference with our ideologies of hope. Sad fact, it will get worse, based on history, and when it gets bad, we need a solution that's real, not some idea of evolution.

PS-the same people who run those specials on evolution are the same people who like to run specials on what the world will look like after a nuclear winter. LOL
    Last edited by mfcruncher; April 20th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by mfcruncher View Post
    I like the first paragraph. Second..makes no sense at all. What is evolution? The idea that good, as we define it, will continue. Doesn't explain the source or the power which made evolution "good" whatever that is. That's another thing, how about for the Cambodian children at the hands of Pol Pot, or the "crusaders" or the Jews or the little kid that gets sold into slavery. Where does evolution provide justice or good for a life they had no control of??? What did these victims have to rely upon, as you suggest???? IS evolution really good or do we just trust that Wattles said "evolving and becoming" something that is really good.

Now, answer that before you comment on my comment please. That's one reason I like the Bible. Revelations and Daniel give a realistic view of the world, a brutal picture of the world, one filled with suffering, and suffering to heal it. Self-sacrifice. There's reference to nuclear annhialation based on world war. It gives a realistic idea of reality that we see and live in every day. Not some pie in the sky idea of people evolving into fairies some day.

I sincerely believe that idea of "social evolution leading to some type of utopia" is a luxury native to people isolated from a brutal world. From our couches in the suburbs, we watch it all unfold on TV and somehow think that we're in the trenches making a difference with our ideologies of hope. Sad fact, it will get worse, based on history, and when it gets bad, we need a solution that's real, not some idea of evolution.

PS-the same people who run those specials on evolution are the same people who like to run specials on what the world will look like after a nuclear winter. LOL
    I knew that word "evolution" would get you going! LOL! But I don't think it's meant to be taken literally.

This is not Darwinian evolution we are talking about but simply the concept that we continue to learn and grow as we get older or else we stagnate. You and I are the same in that regard, are we not? If you remember, the comment that started this "doubt" thread was when one member said that we should all be 100% certain of something or we are wasting our time.

I continue to disagree with that and posted this quote as a synopsis of my reason.

As for the victims of genocide and other horrors, I have no answer for that other than to say that if everyone strived to "evolve" in the proper way then maybe those kinds of atrocities might happen less often. As the old saying goes, if you want to change the world, start by changing yourself.

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.

Napoleon Hill

Think and Grow Rich? I read that ages ago.
    "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Quote Originally Posted by The AdMan View Post
    Think and Grow Rich? I read that ages ago.
    Did it work??

The more clear and definite you make your picture then,and the more you dwell upon it, bringing out all its delightful details, the stronger your desire will be, and the stronger your desire, the easier it will be to hold your mind fixed upon the picture of what you want.

Did it work??

I believe it did.
    "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Spotter

To permit your mind to dwell upon the inferior is to become inferior and to surround yourself with inferior things.

Wallace Wattles

Well then the real question is why you dwell on western religion so much then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated1989 View Post
    Well then the real question is why you dwell on western religion so much then?
    You have it all wrong. I am dwelling on the positive thought of a world free from superstition. This is my contribution to that goal.

Sometimes we have to dig through a lot of dirt before the garden can grow.

Quote Originally Posted by The AdMan View Post
    I believe it did.

It did BECAUSE you believed it would.

Spotter

You have it all wrong. I am dwelling on the positive thought of a world free from superstition. This is my contribution to that goal.

Sometimes we have to dig through a lot of dirt before the garden can grow.
    Men should have the freedom to practice regardless if you think it is silly. Most of the Buddhist quotes in the other threads are what many would consider the generic and garbage parts of the religion. Many say that the "do-good" part of the quotes you mentioned isn’t what is truly considered what Buddha was trying to preach. You don't also don't knock the mysticism involved in that religion. The fact is that you probably find Buddhism novel and quote a man that ate a one grain of rice for six years straight.

Men should have the freedom to practice regardless if you think it is silly. Most of the Buddhist quotes in the other threads are what many would consider the generic and garbage parts of the religion. Many say that the "do-good" part of the quotes you mentioned isn’t what is truly considered what Buddha was trying to preach. You don't also don't knock the mysticism involved in that religion. The fact is that you probably find Buddhism novel and quote a man that ate a one grain of rice for six years straight.

I am not Buddhist nor do I promote Buddhism. I am my own man.

If a quote works for me I use it. If not I don't. There are many great bible quotes which inspire me.

I don't know what "garbage parts" means. If you mean the parts that insist upon self responsibility and don't offer a reward in a mythical "heaven" for doing what's right then I'll take the garbage every time.

"Men should have the freedom to practice regardless if you think it is silly. "

Absolutely. I have never asked for BANNING of religion. That would be silly.

I merely want to help those who wish to undermine religion's authority so that it remains a PERSONAL choice and not a part of the government. There are those attempting to tear down the walls separating church and state. They are the enemy of ALL of us.

Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast