Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Species Nutrition products linked to liver failure"

Just took my 3 Somalyze pills for the night. And an extra Lipolyze just for you GFR.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsty View Post
    Zoltar18 - all of the comparisons you are making I agree with. McDonalds, fast cars, smoking etc etc.
    However, I do not agree that it is neccessarily the consumers fault though if they get sick from a 'health' product. Sure you can do your homework as to what certain supplements will do and if there are any likely adverse effects, but for the mostpart as consumers we should be able to assume they are safe for our use.
    If you got sick from taking a protein powder or creatine you reckon that's your fault? BULLSHIT! If you can link a supplement to causing you to be sick then in this situation it is the companies liability. Most decent companies I work with would offer some kind of refund or exchange if this happened. If there are any known risk factors with a product then they should be labelled on the product, such as gut issues with creatine monohydrate. Only then would the liability shift to the customer.
    To say you need to take responsibility for getting sick from a supplement is ridiculous IMO.
    Which is the exact point im making. He took everything to the obvious extremes and generalized his statement as much as possible rather then just admit hes wrong. Its one thing if you have a heart condition or some medical reason you cant take a supplement with lets say stimulants in it, or maybe theres an herb you are allergic to, its an entirely different issue when you are talking about liver failure. People should be able to take a product and not worry about freakin liver failure.

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    Dude someone fuckin blew out their liver now because of his shit products. Everyone should know about this. Anyone that can possibly be taking lipolyze should know.
    One unvalidated story is hardly enough evidence to conclude lipolyze causes liver failure. We don't know this guys history, medical record, or family history with liver diseases.
    If you want to make a claim like that it has to be medically proven with clinical studies that show the end result of liver failure is highly repeatable otherwise your confirming correlation is not necessarily causation.
    There could literally be tons of more reasonable explanations. He might have been abusing oral steroids or other oral compounds that are taxing on the liver, maybe he was just taking too many supplemental pills for too long with is stressful to the liver, etc...
    Lets be a bit more responsible and not jump to conclusions over "hear say" and "this happened to a guy I knew" stories that don't have any sort of validating documents to back them up.

like i said before....romano-lyze, gluta-lyze and there newest product....PJ BRANO-LYZE!!!!!

What is ironic is that they posted up an article saying how irresponsible it is for someone to recommend DNP but I guess it's cool to offer Usinic Acid
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
    1. Species Nutrition is Shady with a capital 'S'. Anyone who knows anything about Dave Palumbo steers well clear of his products.

and 2. GFR's new avatar is the greatest ever.
    This. The dangers of UA have been common knowledge for a while, people have known about them and warned about them for a long time. But Palulmbos loyalists instead ripped on the girl who was sent to the hospital, called her a lying bitch, blah blah.

I died one time when I used somalyze. True story.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCook View Post
    ..romano-lyze
    ^^^^^^
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave Palumbo claims on his Species Nutrition website that “Over the years, I’ve been asked countless times, “When are you going to start your own supplement company,” and my answer has always been the same: “When I have an original idea! Well, for one, I’m still waiting to hear what the original idea is, because every ingredient in every Species Nutrition product has existed on the market previously. Unfortunately, the only unique – though not original – ingredient in the entire product line is Usnic Acid.

Usnic Acid was in several products a few years ago, until every company in the field dropped it for being incredibly unsafe.

The following letter was sent to Bodybuilding.com by Pirrotti Law Firm, LLC, claiming personal injury to Maria Bezrodnaya as a result of using the Species Nutrition products, Lipolyze and/or Somalyze (photo of Maria Bezrodnaya added):

September 4th 2009
    Re: Maria Bezrodnaya
    Product: Species – Lipolyze & Somalize
    Order number: 6287745
    Order Date: 4/5/09

Dear Madam/Sir

Please be advised that we have been retained by Maria Bezrodnaya to prosecute a claim for personal injury sustained by her as a result of her ingesting the Species Evolutionary Nutrition Dietary Supplement “Lipolyze” and/or “Somalyze” beginning on April 8th 2009, which she purchased from bodybuilding.com on April 5th 2009.
    Please have your insurance company and/or representative contact this firm within five days from the date of this letter in order to obviate the necessity of litigation at this time.
    Thank you for your courtesy.

Very truly yours,

Anthony Pirrotti, jr
    This letter has been received by Bodybuilding.com as well as Dave Palumbo, the owner of Species Nutrition. Usnic Acid, an ingredient in both Lipolyze and Somalize has been linked in numerous published medical articles to liver failure, although Palumbo continues to deny the link, most

recently in his column in Muscle Insider, where he claimed his product(s) are safe. Personally, I’m offended at the idea of Dave claiming his products are safe, both in print and online, while simultaneously knowing that one of his customers is claiming to have been injured by them.
    The woman who has claimed injuries is a competitor in the International Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation (INBF, the amateur affiliate of the WNBF), and I’m awaiting a friend confirmation from her on Facebook, so I can investigate this incident further.
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Wise Guy
    INJECTING MASS QUANTITIES OF ILLICIT ANABOLICS ON A FUCKING DAILY BASIS - DIE FOR FUCKING MASS

I heard that Species batches personally handled by Dave have been found to contain inordinate amounts of mascara drippings.

basking in the turbulence of my magnificence whilst flicking my bean to cills avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ANABOLIC1 View Post
    I heard that Species batches personally handled by Dave have been found to contain inordinate amounts of mascara drippings.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably the most cringe worthy thing you have ever said.

This is about as funny as a joke from a geriatric.

You must be experiencing low test.
    Training Log. I train like a manbearpig. http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=#post2381061

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
    1. Species Nutrition is Shady with a capital 'S'. Anyone who knows anything about Dave Palumbo steers well clear of his products.

and 2. GFR's new avatar is the greatest ever.
    So thats why he worked here so long?

Anybody know where I can get some fake HGH? Thanks in advance.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Banned

This is shocking news

I recall Vince Goodrum spouting off on the boards with a similar post about Species

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    So thats why he worked here so long?
    As soon as Blechman found out about Dave's shady ways, he fired his ass faster than you can say 'Isolies' (sic).

Let's hope this lawsuit destroys Species Nutrition once and for all. No Species Nutrition means no Rx Muscle. It's win win.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    One unvalidated story is hardly enough evidence to conclude lipolyze causes liver failure. We don't know this guys history, medical record, or family history with liver diseases.
    If you want to make a claim like that it has to be medically proven with clinical studies that show the end result of liver failure is highly repeatable otherwise your confirming correlation is not necessarily causation.
    There could literally be tons of more reasonable explanations. He might have been abusing oral steroids or other oral compounds that are taxing on the liver, maybe he was just taking too many supplemental pills for too long with is stressful to the liver, etc...
    Lets be a bit more responsible and not jump to conclusions over "hear say" and "this happened to a guy I knew" stories that don't have any sort of validating documents to back them up.
    Good point, I also believe the earth is flat and that the sun is a God rising out of the sea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast