Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the hell to eat on contest day ???

Last year for me was -
    Waken 8am - 8oz steak 5 rice cakes
    10am - 1 banana 250g dried apricots 1tbs peanut butter
    12pm mars bar
    30mins before stage jelly some dried apricots
    Show was a run through so no 2 part prejudging and finals.

To the people who said rice and oatmeal I was thinking that as I think it would make me look full. The only query I had on that would be, Don't you think that the rice - as its boiled in water and the oatmeal also water content would make you hold water ? Or b.s ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaPump3 View Post
    To the people who said rice and oatmeal I was thinking that as I think it would make me look full. The only query I had on that would be, Don't you think that the rice - as its boiled in water and the oatmeal also water content would make you hold water ? Or b.s ?
    Rice is good for carbing up. Day of the show you can use mostly dry oats, rice cakes, jelly, and some sweet potato before prejudging. But stick to the DRY carbs.
    IFBB PRO
    22 Years Old
    Anabolic Designs Athlete
    @Ifbbprodominickcardone

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    I think if your looking good and the diet is right the worst thing you can do is throw your body off by changing up your diet.
    Amen to that. Not going to look totally different just by a meal if you have done all the prep and hard work then stick to what you have been doing. To many people make mistakes.

I love people that take diuretics and then eat some sodium loaded food and then cant figure out what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick Cardone View Post
    Rice is good for carbing up. Day of the show you can use mostly dry oats, rice cakes, jelly, and some sweet potato before prejudging. But stick to the DRY carbs.
    Think I will use some rice. Carbing up 3 days before show with sweet potato and sprouted grain bread . Might have some sprouted grain in morning of show also. Taking uva ursi and dandelion root extract as natural diuretics.

i eat both on a daily bases either way.......both are usually dry as hell anyways, i eat both like concrete so i'm going with b.s.....the few ounces if any aren't really gunna effect your water levels. realistically as a natty you shouldn't have to worry to much about that sorta thing when it comes to your water levels....just come in ripped.

In my experience from competing in and judging many contests, most don't eat near enough right before the contest. I guess they fear looking smooth after being on a diet so long. Just about EVERY time I see a BB come back to the night show looking BETTER is due to them eating a normal diet of "regular food".
    As Noel already posted, don't stray too far from foods you already eat. ANY time you make a quick drastic food change you could end up feeling ill or at least bloated.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

i know this isnt the answer you wanna hear..

But it matters so much what you have been eating for the past 20-16 weeks.. instead of what you eat that final day..

Banned

From Layne Norton. The whole thing is a great piece of advice.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

Great Advice from Laynes Column there. The guy knows his stuff. !!

I have my first show on saturday and I'm going with white rice and oats (but cooked into almost a cookie) I might have some baked lays about 1.5 hr before pre-judging too. I've really only used rice (white and brown), oats, and some occasional ezekiel bread and baked lay's as my carb sources through prep. Also as someone else mentioned, the water retention shouldnt be a problem if you're not using anabolics.

Spotter

Sorry for the 8 year old bump but I'm competing in my first show in a couple weeks. I will listen to what my coach tells me to do but I also wanted your opinions through your experiences. I have a second show 3 weeks later and was just curious to know the following.....

For those that have had shows a few weeks apart, how did you approach your post show meal and the day after? Did you allow yourself any alcohol such as a beer or glass of wine with your celebratory dinner after your first show?

Eat what you normally eat on contest day. Some guys eat 'special' foods like steak & eggs thinking something magical can happen.

Post comp meal - eat & drink what you want. I can't think of any reason to avoid any foods or drinks.

I'm sure there will be coaches on here or out there that will put restrictions on what their clients can have and not have.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post
    Eat what you normally eat on contest day. Some guys eat 'special' foods like steak & eggs thinking something magical can happen.

Post comp meal - eat & drink what you want. I can't think of any reason to avoid any foods or drinks.

I'm sure there will be coaches on here or out there that will put restrictions on what their clients can have and not have.
    So let me ask you, even though I have a show 3 weeks later a couple beers or glasses of wine are not going to have a negative impact immediately following my show ?

I would love to be able to treat myself to a nice cold German beer in a frozen mug or glass of red wine with a good steak or Burger post show. I can't remember the last time I was able to enjoy those two things together.

I am not a competitor but one thing I notice is all the water I hold at the end of the day versus in the am. Even years ago when I wass in actual shape I looked better in the morning and shittier in the pm. For that reason I would assume if I was to take diuretics or want that affect with fullness I would do it after lunch and keep every tight diet wise etc until then. Like literally I get up and pee 5 times a night, all the fluids I drinki in the several hous before bed seem to come out more at that time. Like if for example I competed hypothetically and used diuretics I would do the first amount in the evening before bed and the rest after prejudging after having a meal in the late afternoon.

I am putting this out there for people to comment on

I would prabably be the kind of guy to "carb up" in the days before a comp/after photos and then eat only protein and fat the day before.

simple sugars make me instant bloated for example

Quote Originally Posted by NPCCompetitor79 View Post
    So let me ask you, even though I have a show 3 weeks later a couple beers or glasses of wine are not going to have a negative impact immediately following my show ?

I would love to be able to treat myself to a nice cold German beer in a frozen mug or glass of red wine with a good steak or Burger post show. I can't remember the last time I was able to enjoy those two things together.
    A couple of beers and a burger will be good for you. Eat kid eat

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast