Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the hell to eat on contest day ???

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    A couple of beers and a burger will be good for you. Eat kid eat
    Not really sure how I feel about throwing in a candy bar or a fast food burger before pre-judging or in between pre-judging and finals in the evening. I feel that eating carbs from whole foods would be a much wiser decision on my part for my first show. Sweet Potatoes, basmati rice, whole wheat pasta, ezekiel english muffins , rice cakes with a little sugar free jelly and almond butter/natural peanut butter and so forth. A nice big power shake with a little unsweetened almond milk, oats, banana and almond butter sounds much better during the day than stuffing my face with a Wendys Double before I go on stage. I'm sure many of you agree on that approach. The only thing I can think of that would be beneficial would be a couple justins dark chocolate peanut butter cups before hitting the stage instead of the reeses if in fact I choose to consume that type of thing.
    Last edited by NPCCompetitor79; May 1st, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPCCompetitor79 View Post
    Not really sure how I feel about throwing in a candy bar or a fast food burger before pre-judging or in between pre-judging and finals in the evening. I feel that eating carbs from whole foods would be a much wiser decision on my part for my first show. Sweet Potatoes, basmati rice, whole wheat pasta, ezekiel english muffins , rice cakes with almond butter and so forth. A nice big power shake with oats, banana and almond butter sounds much better than stuffing my face with a Wendys Double. I'm sure many of you agree on that approach.
    I meant post show..

Spotter

I meant post show..
    I know you did and don’t you worry I will be sinking my teeth into a 1 pound burger 🍔 post show. With a tall frosty German beer 🍺 . Fries 🍟 are going to be mandatory also.

Trey Dunbar lol, whatever happened to him? I seem to remember he thought he was the second coming of Arnold.

Pie filling

I don't see anyone mentioning amounts of fluids. Wouldn't be harder to assimilate the nutrients in the absence of water? Ive heard guys talk about sipping water every so many hours /minutes or with the meals

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UsmcGreg View Post
    Trey Dunbar lol, whatever happened to him? I seem to remember he thought he was the second coming of Arnold.
    Last I remember he beat his girlfriend and went to jail. I believe it was D-nutz who posted the newspaper clipping. He disappeared for awhile. He he came back he caught so much shit he went away

Last I remember he beat his girlfriend and went to jail. I believe it was D-nutz who posted the newspaper clipping. He disappeared for awhile. He he came back he caught so much shit he went away
    Pretty sure he has been out of jail for a while now.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
    I don't see anyone mentioning amounts of fluids. Wouldn't be harder to assimilate the nutrients in the absence of water? Ive heard guys talk about sipping water every so many hours /minutes or with the meals

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I personally believe in sipping small amounts of water as opposed to no fluids at all. No water in your muscles at all, and you will be flat as a pancake and stringy as rope.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Pretty sure he has been out of jail for a while now.
    He posted in the DPP thread not too long ago. People told him to fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    He posted in the DPP thread not too long ago. People told him to fuck off
    That was like a year and a half ago. The infamous blow up mattress pic and go fund me scandal

i drink my own sweat on contest day and only thing i eat is 3-4 nuts..i come out riped to shit and head judge Steve says, looks like that guy suffered..
    i say no Steve, 3-4 nuts is a gift

I'm writing a research paper on this at the moment based on peak week and the contest day plan. I've surveyed drug free bodybuilders on their strategies. I think it’s generally well accepted that if you manipulate your fluids, carbs, or electrolytes you can have a profound effect on your appearance, for the good or the bad. Otherwise people wouldn’t bother employing strategies. There’s also a cultural aspect to peaking, and the feeling of authentication associated with being an athlete. The majority of competitors I surveyed employ a peaking strategy and the ones mentioned above are the most common, although they are employed exclusively and mutually.
    Contest day nutrition is slightly different nearly everyone seems to employ at least one strategy. The most popular strategy being to have something sweet 10 to 60 minutes before going on stage. Even the ones that keep everything the same in their diet still do this. People usually seem concerned with drying out, not bloating, and being full. So low fibre foods that are well tolerated should be an option, things that aren’t going to be particularly taxing on the digestive tract or heavy should probably be avoided. Everyone’s constitution is a little bit different so it’s worth seeing what you can tolerate. The most popular items seem to be: potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes, rice cakes, preserves, nuts, white meats, and sweets (aka candy)
    PhD Human Nutrition

I will listen to what my coach tells me to do but I also wanted your opinions through your experiences.
    You'll go crazy listening to all kinds of opinions, if you've hired a coach, stick to his advices. What you need least now is stress and too much thought.

So let me ask you, even though I have a show 3 weeks later a couple beers or glasses of wine are not going to have a negative impact immediately following my show ?
    No.

Not really sure how I feel about throwing in a candy bar or a fast food burger before pre-judging or in between pre-judging and finals in the evening. I feel that eating carbs from whole foods would be a much wiser decision on my part for my first show. Sweet Potatoes, basmati rice, whole wheat pasta, ezekiel english muffins , rice cakes with a little sugar free jelly and almond butter/natural peanut butter and so forth. A nice big power shake with a little unsweetened almond milk, oats, banana and almond butter sounds much better during the day than stuffing my face with a Wendys Double before I go on stage. I'm sure many of you agree on that approach. The only thing I can think of that would be beneficial would be a couple justins dark chocolate peanut butter cups before hitting the stage instead of the reeses if in fact I choose to consume that type of thing.
    The sugars are not your enemy on show day, as long as you keep the water and salt in balance, they will only help you. Whole-grain carbohydrates may be hard to digest, the last thing you want is a bulging gut.

The protein is not too important so keep it lower, but I think it is good to put the 3 macronutrients throughout the day except the last meal before going out to compete.
    Last edited by Beti ona; May 3rd, 2018 at 05:56 AM.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
    You need water and salt if you want to maintain fullness, otherwise you could flatten and no matter how many carbohydrates you eat, you simply can not take them to the muscles.

But in general, you will need little water, as half a liter for the whole day.
    Last edited by Beti ona; May 3rd, 2018 at 06:16 AM.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    You need water and salt if you want to maintain fullness, otherwise you could flatten and no matter how many carbohydrates you eat, you simply can not take them to the muscles.

But in general, you will need little water, as half a liter for the whole day.
    Glucose is stored in the muscle with water at around a 1:2.7 ratio as glycogen. You can't mobilise those glycogen stores unless you do exercise specific to the muscle group. You don't have the transport enzymes in the same way the liver has to export glucose from muscle. So strictly speaking you don't need the water and the salt to maintain the fullness. You do however need to have the carbohydrate in the muscle in the first place though.
    PhD Human Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by AChappell View Post
    Glucose is stored in the muscle with water at around a 1:2.7 ratio as glycogen. You can't mobilise those glycogen stores unless you do exercise specific to the muscle group. You don't have the transport enzymes in the same way the liver has to export glucose from muscle. So strictly speaking you don't need the water and the salt to maintain the fullness. You do however need to have the carbohydrate in the muscle in the first place though.
    He doesn't even compete he is just saying what he's heard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast