Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Interviews with Roelly, English, Raymond, Bikinis and More! Just the beginning!

Nobody

Default Seriously?

You guys have to be kidding me! I love listening to guys who love to just say random things without actually knowing the sport or having an eye for what physiques are suppose to look like. He's not the gold standard for what the 202 division should look like...or even any standard. Why, because he has wide shoulders and a "tight" waist (when he's facing the judges)? Yes I've seen the reverse. That's where it ends for him. He has high, uneven and different sized lats. He has different shaped and sized biceps. He has 2 different size quads. Yes he gets into excellent shape but that doesn't make an ugly physique and "prettier"! David Henry should not be punished for losing against himself (coming in different condition from one contest to the next if he looks better than everyone else-he should win. Also both Mark Dugdale and Eduardo Correa have him slaughtered!

Quote Originally Posted by bdfitelson View Post
    You guys have to be kidding me! I love listening to guys who love to just say random things without actually knowing the sport or having an eye for what physiques are suppose to look like. He's not the gold standard for what the 202 division should look like...or even any standard. Why, because he has wide shoulders and a "tight" waist (when he's facing the judges)? Yes I've seen the reverse. That's where it ends for him. He has high, uneven and different sized lats. He has different shaped and sized biceps. He has 2 different size quads. Yes he gets into excellent shape but that doesn't make an ugly physique and "prettier"! David Henry should not be punished for losing against himself (coming in different condition from one contest to the next if he looks better than everyone else-he should win. Also both Mark Dugdale and Eduardo Correa have him slaughtered!
    MD board - Even though it's one of the first time posters, and even though Kevin English is rad, this guy makes a good point. Mark Dugdale is a pro and if he competed in 202 (not sure if he's going to) he'd do very well. He's wicked proportionate. Eduardo Correa just looks sick. And Flex Lewis is going to be the best he's ever been this year. He usually comes in very well conditioned, proportioned, and just looks insane. I don't think the O is a lock for Kevin by any means. It'll be just as interesting this year as the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Muscle View Post
    I agree
    Your signature - "Victor Martinez will win the 2010 Mr.Olympia." is way off. Kai (even though I am not a Kai fan) would take Victor out any day of the week on his sliced quads alone. Victor was a good look for 2006, but fuggedaboudit this year.

BRANCH vs. CUTLER Round #2.

Spotter

I think Jose Raymond could have won the 202's and probably should have, he has a better all-around look to his physique and couldn't be a nicer guy and he will continue improving year after year, this is one determined man! I can't figure out why he isn't signed to MD, he has consistently gotten bigger and better over the years and he hasn't lost his great lines and compromised his conditioning. Way to go Jose!

Nobody

Default Answer

Thanks man, I'm glad to see someone is paying attention. 1st off Mark Dugdale did compete in the 202..more than once. He took 4th in last years Mr. O 202. His only complaint by judges is that he needs more back width although he packs a lot of muscle onto his frame for a 202..anymore may push him over. Eduardo is a slightly less aesthetic Mark..but with arguably more muscle. Flex is a great pro with a lot of potential but still has some work to do to bring him upper body up to par with his amazing lower. David genetically is unparalleled, if they stop judging him against himself. If the judges throw politics out the window it's wide open..and NOT for English!! On another point Kai vs Victor.. Kai packs on an amazing amount of mass and his quads are zippered but he does not have great proportions, he looks squatty almost frog ish..which is why he poses so skewed and twisted all the time. Victor has the best genetics.. almost ever. If his life stops throwing him curve balls (poor guy) and he buckles down, comes in shape and brings his quads way up he could take it. An in shape victor beats a in shape Kai any day, Kai can't beat his symmetry and shape. This year is going to be sick: Cutler, Heath, Branch, Kai, Victor....

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Muscle View Post
    I agree
    Thanks man, I'm glad to see someone is paying attention. 1st off Mark Dugdale did compete in the 202..more than once. He took 4th in last years Mr. O 202. His only complaint by judges is that he needs more back width although he packs a lot of muscle onto his frame for a 202..anymore may push him over. Eduardo is a slightly less aesthetic Mark..but with arguably more muscle. Flex is a great pro with a lot of potential but still has some work to do to bring him upper body up to par with his amazing lower. David genetically is unparalleled, if they stop judging him against himself. If the judges throw politics out the window it's wide open..and NOT for English!! On another point Kai vs Victor.. Kai packs on an amazing amount of mass and his quads are zippered but he does not have great proportions, he looks squatty almost frog ish..which is why he poses so skewed and twisted all the time. Victor has the best genetics.. almost ever. If his life stops throwing him curve balls (poor guy) and he buckles down, comes in shape and brings his quads way up he could take it. An in shape victor beats a in shape Kai any day, Kai can't beat his symmetry and shape. This year is going to be sick: Cutler, Heath, Branch, Kai, Victor....
    I understand that the sport evolves, but I am getting so sick of hearing all these bodybuilders say, "I was at my best ever in ______ (fill in the blank) contest, but I think I can get 5% better, harder, drier, and bigger. I will bring my best package..." BLAH BLAH BLAH. At some point, you've reached your best. It's good to think you can get better, I won't fault them for that, but most of it seems like lip-service paid to judges who are watching the websites and videos. Best package... bullshit. Most of these guys had their best show a year ago and fade away.

Another thing that is starting to piss me off (and I know many of you will tear me apart for my rants, and I respect everyone's opinions because bodybuilding is a subjectively-judged sport), is that judges and the sport in general are judging people against themselves. CREDIT: bdfitelson. All this, "I improved" stuff is bullshit. Are the judges judging on who improved more, or on who's the fucking best on stage? Seems like they keep talking about judging based on "THAT GUY IMPROVED A LOT and the other guys came in the same typical shape they always do."

I mean, I understand it's the point of building a better physique and being the best, but for fuck's sake, at some point all you're hearing is lip-service. These guys carry so much muscle that they need mega-doses of you know what and tons of meat to even HOLD onto it. Homeostasis kicks the shit out of these guys and sometimes they just can't "bring a better package". (see Dennis Wolf - he's still fucking bad ass and he gets no credit because he hasn't improved from the 2007 Olympia). Come on with the lip-service already. Fankouser is the only guy that's made some CRAZY improvements. He can say he brought a better package all day because everyone can clearly see it. And even Yamagishi has brought the pain since he returned. No respect for that dude. Go ahead... tear it up. My point is I am just sick of "improvements". Got that out of my system!

Politics. Now can you guys (with pro/amateur stage experience) chime in here... Do the judges base a guy's placing or standing on his attitude or work ethic? I mean, we all know it should be based on his look and presentation, but seriously, what goes on in the shuffling of rankings behind the scenes?

Nobody

Default another answer

I agree with a couple things you said...the way the sport should be judged is he who looks best the day of the show-wins! Not this guy is a muscletech or Weider athlete..blah blah. Who cares if someone looked better their last show, if they still look better than the other guys during this show he should win! On the subject of Dennis Wolf...I disagree. He, in my opinion is Gunter part 2. He showed up for own show and has one of the best front lat spreads but that's it..he got way too much hype. He has great shoulders and a couple other things but lacks a lot to be given any credit to being a threat to the top guys. He lacks: hams, bi's, a fuller chest, calves and mostly a lower back-it's void of any lines below his mid back! That's a lot when you're up against last years Mr. O line up and even the likes of Hidetada and Roelly. He isn't a shoe in for any show. Hidetada has gotten respect and is due it. He won a pro show and cracked the top 10 at the Mr. O, not bad for a guy south of 230! I'd say that's respect..

I agree with a couple things you said...the way the sport should be judged is he who looks best the day of the show-wins! Not this guy is a muscletech or Weider athlete..blah blah. Who cares if someone looked better their last show, if they still look better than the other guys during this show he should win! On the subject of Dennis Wolf...I disagree. He, in my opinion is Gunter part 2. He showed up for own show and has one of the best front lat spreads but that's it..he got way too much hype. He has great shoulders and a couple other things but lacks a lot to be given any credit to being a threat to the top guys. He lacks: hams, bi's, a fuller chest, calves and mostly a lower back-it's void of any lines below his mid back! That's a lot when you're up against last years Mr. O line up and even the likes of Hidetada and Roelly. He isn't a shoe in for any show. Hidetada has gotten respect and is due it. He won a pro show and cracked the top 10 at the Mr. O, not bad for a guy south of 230! I'd say that's respect..
    I see where you're coming from, and I think Winklaar looked fantastic, but Hide brought the pain and he poses his ass off. I think Hide won this. Wish I was on the judging panel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12