Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ****MHP PRESENTS BRANCH WARREN AND VICTOR MARTINEZ TRAIN CHEST*****

good video, pretty much the sample FST7 check workout... i like Vics control but i love branchs intensity. They both know what works for them..

stupid fucking music. WHY PUT IT ON THE VIDEOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak ATLAS View Post
    2 totally diferent training styles i prefer victors

but seriously branch has to bring up those arms man
    Agreed.

Contest condition or not, Branch just doesnt impress me at all. I guess its his lines and structure mostly. He's flat out genetically outclassed by Victor. Regardless of this being off season and not meaning shit, it's hard to ignore how much bigger victor looks in this video. Branch looks like the average "big guy" at your local gym whereas Victor is on another level completely.

I also agree with the comment someone made about Branch's "form". Average joe shmoe lifts like that, he gets called a retard that needs to lower the weight and do the exercise correctly, but an ifbb pro does it and its "hardcore". I dont care if he wins the Olympia 20 times in a row, he still lifts purely for the positive part of the movement and throws the static and negative parts of the movement right in the trash. I guess its self reinforcing when you get that far doing it that way. whatever. my 2 cents

one other observation...... Branch is always listed at 5'7. Victor is always listed at 5'9. By the looks of this video theres more then a 2 inch height difference, and I have no problem believe Vctor is 5'9. Branch Warren is more like 5'5.

I know its been said...but I have to agree...branch's form is AWFUL. I know-what works for some doesn't always work for others-but how does his form even work for him??? I'm suprised he hasn't caved his chest in from slamming the weight off it the way he does.

And maybe, just maybe, if he tightened up that form a little bit-instead of just moving the weight form point A to point B he would see a little more overall development (maybe even better arms????)

Vic was looking very impressive and really liked his form and how he trains.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    Victor is much stronger and bigger than Branch. hmm...
    are you serious.......... no way
    MD forums Rule!! if you dont like it - - get the hell out of here!!

Branch more than likely has just been backing off the gear a little in the offseason as stated before. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer Vic's physique, but idk how people can say Branch is small when he's onstage at 5'6 weighing 240-50 peeled to the bone??

Quote Originally Posted by mfarleypt View Post
    idk how people can say Branch is small when he's onstage at 5'6 weighing 240-50 peeled to the bone??
    bcuz it's the internet and people can say whatever the fuck they want with no consequences

I agree Branch's form is awful, at best. But, how many of you have placed in the Top 2 at Olympia...I'm guessing no one on these forums. It's amazing how people strongly critique other people that are so much better than them, LOL.

who is the band in that video?
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyN1026 View Post
    THANK GOD FOR A NEW VIDEO...NO MORE ANDY HAMAN EVER PLEASE
    hahaha.... word!!!
    instagram: lightsout50

You would think w/the injuries branch has had he'd be alot more careful with his form...
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by ant0064 View Post
    I agree Branch's form is awful, at best. But, how many of you have placed in the Top 2 at Olympia...I'm guessing no one on these forums. It's amazing how people strongly critique other people that are so much better than them, LOL.
    If you think hes better then you, by all means admit to it. I don't feel anyones "better" then me. Some people are pro bodybuilders, others are doctors, mechanics, teachers etc. He competes in a sport predicated on judgement. The truth hurts and people are commenting on what they see. Its not like anyones lying. If he wasnt a pro, EVERYBODY would say what shit his form is. It stands to reason that just maybe, if he did the exercises controlled and with better contractions, the faults he has that prevent him from WINNING shows, would be improved?

I also dont think anybody said Branch is small in general, but he sure looks small NEXT to Vic. You'd be blind or just stupid to say there isnt a size difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersson View Post
    The top 50% of the bench movement put much more stress on triceps compared to the lower 50%.
    That wasn't my point at all. Last I checked, bodybuilders didn't do bench presses to make their triceps better. Maybe a byproduct of consistent benching, but it's far from the best exercise to put "stress" on the triceps. The original poster said that Victor had better triceps because of better bench press form. Give me a break.

These guys have such intense arm workouts, you really think they're doing bench presses to facilitate triceps growth? Followed by flies... right? That makes a lot of sense.

A lot of the comments on this thread are funny. Watching two pros lifting doing a light weight recovery type workout and judging strength is just silly.

Branch is doing a little speed work and Victor is just going through the motions getting the job done. Nothing fancy, day at the office. If anything this is a much better representation of most workouts than the prestaged videos.

The shots at Branch's muscularity are equally stupid. Branch wins on muscularity. It's conditioning that he has a tough time with. When he brought it at the Olympia it got him second place. It's just not easy for him to bring both to a contest more than once a year it seems.

Victor on the other hand hasn't shown it yet. Will he? I don't know, but again those flapping their gums like he already has haven't watched these guys on game day.

Again, I agree that his form is not the best, I've already said that. Because we're on musclular development, I am speaking about bodybuilders, not doctors or mechanics. So yes, Branch Warren is a better bodybuilder than me because he is a Top 2 finisher at Mr. Olympia, pretty simple. And unless you are Jay Cutler, then he is a better bodybuilder than you as well.

And I also agree with you that if his form was more than just slamming weight around looking like a moron that he could possibly place better at shows, but I don't know that, only Branch does.

I also don't recall saying there wasn't a noticable size difference between the two. Vic is clearly bigger, but that isn't always the way shows are judged anyway, if it was, Markus Ruhl would have won a few shows. My main comment was how laughable it is to see forum gurus critique a top bodybuilder in the world, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    If you think hes better then you, by all means admit to it. I don't feel anyones "better" then me. Some people are pro bodybuilders, others are doctors, mechanics, teachers etc. He competes in a sport predicated on judgement. The truth hurts and people are commenting on what they see. Its not like anyones lying. If he wasnt a pro, EVERYBODY would say what shit his form is. It stands to reason that just maybe, if he did the exercises controlled and with better contractions, the faults he has that prevent him from WINNING shows, would be improved?

I also dont think anybody said Branch is small in general, but he sure looks small NEXT to Vic. You'd be blind or just stupid to say there isnt a size difference.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast