Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JOSE RAYMOND trains LEGS 3 wks out from Tampa 202

Quote Originally Posted by Vascular Freak View Post
    Ron take pride in someone elses jealousy...it just means you have something they want! Keep doing your thing!
    +2
    And Ron's passion for our sport is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by swoleshred View Post
    Jose,

what do you do to work on your sweep?
    Honestly, like most people with a standout bodypart, my thigh sweep is just genetic. Im not saying I dont work hard or train like a beast to improve everything, but basically the same exercises as the next pro who has no thigh sweep. Now if I only had that same genetic response in my chest, Id be all set!

Quote Originally Posted by PanterA View Post
    ^ Just to clarify, I have grown up and still work in construction. Unless you have steeltoe boots on and drop whatever right on the stel toe, the lightest of shit will hurt!

So in other words don't drop anything on your foot!
    I totally understand what your saying and it makes sense but I actually did drop a 45lb plate on my foot while unloading a leg press once and by the grace of god my toes happened to be in the air and when it hit my foot, it just kind of absorbed the blow without so much as a bruise and Im sure that would not be the case if I had nothing on my foot. Gym owners make you wear footwear for a reason.

I do believe that having a great outer sweep to your quads is a genetic thing.

Dave Henry and Darrem Charles both have poor sweep, and I'm sure they have tried very hard to get one. I am also lucky like Jose - just had that shape from day one. It gives your legs an illusion of being much bigger. Cutler has said many times that people would be shocked if they knew what his quads actually measured. I'm sure they are not small of course, but they are probably not the 33-inch monster wheels most people assume them to be.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Honestly, like most people with a standout bodypart, my thigh sweep is just genetic. Im not saying I dont work hard or train like a beast to improve everything, but basically the same exercises as the next pro who has no thigh sweep. Now if I only had that same genetic response in my chest, Id be all set!
    Theres a local around here that help you bring that area up...it might not look to pretty tho lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Did I steal your girlfriend years ago or something? Seriously, you have something deeply personal against me. Care to share with the class?

As for a 'wannabe,' I have been competing since 1989 and have been working full-time in the bb industry almost 20 years now. I'm not a 'wannabe pro,' but I am part of this sport in my own weird way whether you like me or not.

He doesn't like you cause you're black.

And yeah, as far as thigh sweep goes, I think that's way more genetic than it is what you do in the gym. Doing narrow stance leg presses and hacks can help carve in some shape and definition, but I don't think it's going to blow your legs up to huge proportions, that just comes from adding overral mass.

Jose, great shots and good luck in Tampa. I always enjoy your vids, and just like with Ron, I'm impressed that you can squat in Air Max's. I guess to you 315 feels like my 225 so that probably helps, lol. As soon as I put that third plate on for any squat movement I need flat shoes, a belt, the lights lowered, complete and utter silence from everyone in the gym, proper alignment of the planets and stars, etc....

JayJurk and I will be on hand to witness Jose crush the opposition in Hartford. Sadly I will miss his first pro win in Tampa!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

^^^Is that show in Hartford July 19th? Think I'm supposed to go with a couple of clients.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

let's go Jose!
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

JayJurk and I will be on hand to witness Jose crush the opposition in Hartford. Sadly I will miss his first pro win in Tampa!
    I'll rep for you
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Cant wait to see what he looks like now that he is working with George! Good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by laz76 View Post
    He doesn't like you cause you're black.

And yeah, as far as thigh sweep goes, I think that's way more genetic than it is what you do in the gym. Doing narrow stance leg presses and hacks can help carve in some shape and definition, but I don't think it's going to blow your legs up to huge proportions, that just comes from adding overral mass.

Jose, great shots and good luck in Tampa. I always enjoy your vids, and just like with Ron, I'm impressed that you can squat in Air Max's. I guess to you 315 feels like my 225 so that probably helps, lol. As soon as I put that third plate on for any squat movement I need flat shoes, a belt, the lights lowered, complete and utter silence from everyone in the gym, proper alignment of the planets and stars, etc....

I'm the same way. I can't even listen to my ipod for heavy squatting. Every other exercise, I blast my ipod. For some reason, for squats I need absolute focus.
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Hartford show is July 23 and 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I totally understand what your saying and it makes sense but I actually did drop a 45lb plate on my foot while unloading a leg press once and by the grace of god my toes happened to be in the air and when it hit my foot, it just kind of absorbed the blow without so much as a bruise and Im sure that would not be the case if I had nothing on my foot. Gym owners make you wear footwear for a reason.
    Yeah but now you have people wearing those toe shoes, lol. My gym used to have signs up telling you to wear shoes, but they took those down and I always sq and deadlift barefoot with trainers around and even the manager and ownder have seen me doing it... I guess mine don't care. I am cautious with myself and others though.

I was daydreaming one time and pulled a 45lb plate off the bench press forgetting there was a 5 or 10lb plate on the outside, lol, and it hit me right above my shoe and bruised and scraped the skin off it.

I knocked a hammer off a ladder one time at work with boots on, and I was blown away how bad that little hammer hurt. Must have hit my toe just right.
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

I guess if you drop a 45lb plate on your foot, a pair of sneakers isn't gonna ease the pain any more than if you were barefoot, but I think it would make a difference if a 5 fell on your foot. Also, you're just walking around in between so much equipment, I kick my feet on stuff all the time moving in and out of equipment, so I couldn't imagine being barefoot.

My shins are what gets banged up a lot - foot rests on incline benches, weight trees, etc.

Bostonian living in Plano, TX - Go Red Sox!

Jose is not with MD yet - but I am hoping that changes very soon. His column, 'The Boston Mass,' would be one of the best right away!
    Best column titled of all time

good stuff both Jose and Ron!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast