Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Super Heavyweights: 2010 USA Championships - Who's Gonna Take It?

Default Super Heavyweights: 2010 USA Championships - Who's Gonna Take It?

Here's the list of last year's Top 15 at the 2009 USAs. Grigori took the Super Heavyweight but Mark Alvisi took the overall but Grigori turned pro later that year.

We're then left with Keith Williams, Robert Burneika, Chad LaCount, Jason Huh, Jerome Ferguson and a few others that potentially could take it this year. Brian Yersky or Sean Allen could leapfrog over the crowd.

2009 USA Super Heavyweight Placements
    1. Grigori Atoyan
    2. Keith Williams
    3. Robert Burneika
    4. Chad LaCount
    5. Jason Huh
    6. Jerome Ferguson
    7. Drew Jemott
    8. Brian Yersky
    9. Sean Allan
    10. David Hughes
    11. Ryan Pateracki
    12. Rudy Richards
    13. Ruben Escobar
    14. Eric Posejpal
    15. Kenny Gipson

So the question is?

Who's going to take it this year?
    "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

From the past outings I like Burneika to take this, he took third there but later at nationals he took second behind Mcmillian. But Jason Huh was looking pretty sick in some of the pics I seen on here early this year so who knows. My prediction is Burneika, Huh, then Williams for one two and three. But who the hell knows who might show up that we dont even know about.
    DEKE

I got Big Sean Allen if he comes in shape, Also Burneika if he comes in shape. Ferguson can just quit bodybuilding all together he is just not cut out for it.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Banned

I'm always the first to say you don't know who's gonna show up or what shape they'll be in come the day of the show. I think we all know by now that "X weeks out" pictures don't really mean shit. That being said, I think it'll go down like this!

1. LaCount
    2. Huh
    3. Burneika
    4. Hanshaw
    5. Williams

Tough to say, but from the provided pics, Sean, Grigori and Jason look the most complete.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Tough to say, but from the provided pics, Sean, Grigori and Jason look the most complete.
    Grigori is already a pro!

youngitalianstallion

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Here's the list of last year's Top 15 at the 2009 USAs. Grigori took the Super Heavyweight but Mark Alvisi took the overall but Grigori turned pro later that year.

We're then left with Keith Williams, Robert Burneika, Chad LaCount, Jason Huh, Jerome Ferguson and a few others that potentially could take it this year. Brian Yersky or Sean Allen could leapfrog over the crowd.

2009 USA Super Heavyweight Placements
    1. Grigori Atoyan
    2. Keith Williams
    3. Robert Burneika
    4. Chad LaCount
    5. Jason Huh
    6. Jerome Ferguson
    7. Drew Jemott
    8. Brian Yersky
    9. Sean Allan
    10. David Hughes
    11. Ryan Pateracki
    12. Rudy Richards
    13. Ruben Escobar
    14. Eric Posejpal
    15. Kenny Gipson

So the question is?

Who's going to take it this year?
    you forgot Steve Kuclo... the battle is between him, burneika and keith williams and maybe ferguson... but i hope pro card for Kuclo

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    Grigori is already a pro!
    LOL

I thought it was a virtual posedown with all the various pics

Spotter

Burneika i think will take it. Maybe LaCount or Williams if they come in peeeeeled

1. i duno about Kuclo...his last showing was pretty disappointing.
    2. there is no way in hell Sean Allan will win...he is going to be a 5-10 placing amateur for the rest of his career. BRING UP YOUR LEGS!

Spotter

I dunno Dan Decker is looking kinda ridiculous saw him a couple weeks ago.

youngitalianstallion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinaz55 View Post
    Burneika i think will take it. Maybe LaCount or Williams if they come in peeeeeled

1. i duno about Kuclo...his last showing was pretty disappointing.
    2. there is no way in hell Sean Allan will win...he is going to be a 5-10 placing amateur for the rest of his career. BRING UP YOUR LEGS!
    i saw the video of his preparation on youtube... wow he's bigger than ever.. art atwood that is training him sayd thet in march he was 280 pounds at 5%... for me this year he'll be indestructible.. this is HIS year

Beach Body

This will be one of the deepest super heavy classes ever at a USA, for sure. 8-10 athletes with a legitimate chance at it. Will be hard to narrow down to top 5 if all of them are at their best.

Robert Burneika seems like the most logical choice, but will have to bring the coonditioning to hold off the others. I look for Brian Yersky to be a strong contender here. Brian has improved every year he has competed. And Jason Huh, Steve Kuclo and Chad LaCount would not be surprises at all.

Will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    you forgot Steve Kuclo... the battle is between him, burneika and keith williams and maybe ferguson... but i hope pro card for Kuclo

If Kuclo doesn't come in overdieted he will def take it! He's not superwide for a guy his height but he has horse legs and will surely come in conditioned.

1.Kuclo
    2.Huh

the rest depends!

I say Keith Williams, dude gets no respect.

Banned

There was a video of Burneika posted her a few weeks ago and the dude looked 10 months pregnant. He'll place high based on his size, but he wont get the win.

All that matters is how everyone looks when they walk out onto the stage on July 30 and 31. No past shows will matter neither will "x" weeks out pics. This class is going to be brutal to judge with so many awesome athletes primed to make their mark.

Jason- Absolute freak and good guy which makes me respect him even more.

Chad- Granite hard, balanced, huge and well respected on and off the stage

Robert- Easily the biggest freak

Keith- Will be peeled and wants to prove it is his time.

Steve- Hungry to show last year was a fluke. Has ALL of the tools.

Rich P- Speaking of freaks. Makes me look like I have never trained.

Brian Y- Crazy the changes in a year. I think he will shock some people.

Big Sean- He knows what he needed to change and I am sure he did his homework. He wants this and is looking to prove it.

These are just some of the favorites. Hell making the first call-out should feel like a win to anyone who worked hard enough to earn that honor.

I like seeing a class where it truly could go to any of the above names. It's all about who brings it in just right at showtime. Being 5% off at this show will have you struggling to make the top ten let alone win.
    iammutant.com ironrebel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Hanshaw View Post
    All that matters is how everyone looks when they walk out onto the stage on July 30 and 31. No past shows will matter neither will "x" weeks out pics. This class is going to be brutal to judge with so many awesome athletes primed to make their mark.

Jason- Absolute freak and good guy which makes me respect him even more.

Chad- Granite hard, balanced, huge and well respected on and off the stage

Robert- Easily the biggest freak

Keith- Will be peeled and wants to prove it is his time.

Steve- Hungry to show last year was a fluke. Has ALL of the tools.

Rich P- Speaking of freaks. Makes me look like I have never trained.

Brian Y- Crazy the changes in a year. I think he will shock some people.

Big Sean- He knows what he needed to change and I am sure he did his homework. He wants this and is looking to prove it.

These are just some of the favorites. Hell making the first call-out should feel like a win to anyone who worked hard enough to earn that honor.

I like seeing a class where it truly could go to any of the above names. It's all about who brings it in just right at showtime. Being 5% off at this show will have you struggling to make the top ten let alone win.
    Dusty:
    You seen to be a humble guy, but I think your name should be thrown on your own list, aren’t you doing this show? If you show up with the same if not better condition than the Juniors you should be battling for the tops honors IMO…

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast