Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

178 24.25%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

I generally stay below 50g/day off-season (not counting fibrous carbs) during the week, and don't count carbs on the weekend. Pre-contest, I get about 4-8g/day from my protein powder, and that's it (again, not counting fibrous carbs)...no rice, no potatoes, no nothin'.

For me, carbs are the enemy. I look at a potato and gain 10lbs...even if I'm doing 2 hours of cardio per day.

Nobody

350g carbs @ 185lbs

i was having around 150g of carbs a day at 180lb bw but i noticed that since upping my carbs to around 200-250g ive gained some strength and a bit of muscle mass it seems like my body likes carbohydrates but i mostly eat barrels of oatmeal and then not counting vegtables like spinach, tomatoes ect. pw ill have oats but throw a few spoons of brown sugar or syrup on it.

200 on non workout days about 300 on workout days. 5-7" 202lbs 10% b.F. I keep carbs low, this way when I'm gaining some fat, I can just do hard cardio and drop it while bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomeskillet View Post
    I generally stay below 50g/day off-season (not counting fibrous carbs) during the week, and don't count carbs on the weekend. Pre-contest, I get about 4-8g/day from my protein powder, and that's it (again, not counting fibrous carbs)...no rice, no potatoes, no nothin'.

For me, carbs are the enemy. I look at a potato and gain 10lbs...even if I'm doing 2 hours of cardio per day.

TIPSTA what are your thoughts on this.. im on around 100-150 a day ..

i will carb up once a week 400.. i can gain on this the same as 500g ....
    but i get fat off 500g .... i depends on your body type !
    you know why you are training, if you dont get out !

Probably 650-750 grams of carbs per day!

Quote Originally Posted by BGOO101 View Post
    TIPSTA what are your thoughts on this.. im on around 100-150 a day ..

i will carb up once a week 400.. i can gain on this the same as 500g ....
    but i get fat off 500g .... i depends on your body type !

What are my thoughts on what? Having to starve yourselves of carbs? I hate it for you and it sucks to be you. You need to eat the MAXIMUM amount that keeps you 100% saturated with glycogen but doesnt spill you over MUCH or cause fat gain..... Like I said a million times....Its not the carbs making you fat its the fact the overall protein at that meal is too high from the proteins within those carbs....I'm right 99.9% of the time with this when guys PM their diets over...

Have you any idea how hard it is to fill a leaky bucket and thats what your muscles are.....Constantly depleting....Hence why its not the carbs...Assuming your workouts match your carb intake...Thats also usually a culprit....
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Tipsta, did you listen to No Bull Radio with Scott Connelly. He basically says that carbs do nothing but promote fat storage and we can build the most amount of muscle possible in a ketogenic diet with just high protein and adequate essential fats. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by philborg View Post
    Tipsta, did you listen to No Bull Radio with Scott Connelly. He basically says that carbs do nothing but promote fat storage and we can build the most amount of muscle possible in a ketogenic diet with just high protein and adequate essential fats. What do you think?
    Try it and when you look like you went through a vaccuum cleaner dont come asking me for help....Steroids are osmotic!!!! Carbs store in the muscle as air does in a balloon and I want to be SWOLE 24/7. Drug free bodybuilding is an entirely different animal....

So now its Keto for weight gain...........Trying to learn all this is tough but I'll get it......

Why even bothering carbing up for a show it wont make you any bigger looking......

Secret......Bodybuilders are COSMETIC athletes.....Carbs = SIZE.......
    Last edited by Tipsta; December 3rd, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Try it and when you look like you went through a vaccuum cleaner dont come asking me for help....Steroids are osmotic!!!! Carbs store in the muscle as air does in a balloon and I want to be SWOLE 24/7. Drug free bodybuilding is an entirely different animal....

So now its Keto for weight gain...........Trying to learn all this is tough but I'll get it......

Why even bothering carbing up for a show it wont make you any bigger looking......

Secret......Bodybuilders are COSMETIC athletes.....Carbs = SIZE.......

hey Tipsta just wondering I know you bulk on as many carbs as possible while using gdas and that's cool, I think more people should try that, cause it does a great job of keeping you hard while minimizing bf... so I was just wondering, what is your approach for a cut? do you drop carbs somewhat, what about protein and fat?

Quote Originally Posted by SG_90 View Post
    hey Tipsta just wondering I know you bulk on as many carbs as possible while using gdas and that's cool, I think more people should try that, cause it does a great job of keeping you hard while minimizing bf... so I was just wondering, what is your approach for a cut? do you drop carbs somewhat, what about protein and fat?

Same as anybody elses approach. Carbs and fats are lowered slightly and cardio is added. Protein never ever changes its total # . Sometimes theres less direct protein and more indirect from the carbs but the total # is the same.

Crazy question but if something aids in storing glycogen into the muscle at a higher rate while creating less spillover why wouldnt it be a staple in anyones supplement plan?

I just like that grainy, dry look. Call me crazy I guess.....

Dedicated Noob

Hey Tipsta,

I sent you a PM. Thanks.

Im on the anabolic diet. i average around 12g a day of carbs during the week and weekends i bump up to anywhere from 500-800g a day. luckily for me my body works well from fats.

No more than 100-150g/day offseason and 50-60g/day pre-contest.
    For the moment I get most of my carbs from lowcarb-corn and a small amount of vitargo post training.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Threath View Post
    No more than 100-150g/day offseason and 50-60g/day pre-contest.
    For the moment I get most of my carbs from lowcarb-corn and a small amount of vitargo post training.
    100-150grams off-season? how's the growth coming along ?

Quote Originally Posted by SG_90 View Post
    100-150grams off-season? how's the growth coming along ?
    Got me 200-250g of delicious fats & 350-400g of musclebuilding proteins into the machinery every day.
    Keeps me in supershape at 4-5% 240lbs all year around.
    Just drop the carbs pre-contest, like 6w out, and comes in ripped and ready

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=51816

I eat 250-325 grams of carbs a day, variations between off days and training days. based on these shots is that to much for my somatotype?

Protein is 300-325 a day and fats a 80-100 a day. Using a DP offseason diet right now and have been since December 5th 2008. Seems to be working as for weight gain and strength gains so far, body comp is holding pretty well also.

Thoughts?
    MS - Human Sport Performance
    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast