Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

178 24.25%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpanthers View Post
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=51816

I eat 250-325 grams of carbs a day, variations between off days and training days. based on these shots is that to much for my somatotype?

Protein is 300-325 a day and fats a 80-100 a day. Using a DP offseason diet right now and have been since December 5th 2008. Seems to be working as for weight gain and strength gains so far, body comp is holding pretty well also.

Thoughts?
    All you need for your somatotype is 50-60g carbs for meal 1, PWO, PWO2. When you increase cals from now on, simply leave those carbs in place, while adding fats.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    All you need for your somatotype is 50-60g carbs for meal 1, PWO, PWO2. When you increase cals from now on, simply leave those carbs in place, while adding fats.

Note taken! Thanks much Myth!

Fats are at 15g (1 Tbsp) per meal right now (except post workout) from olive oil, enova or sesame oils. That sound about right to you?

My post workout is vitargo, if I have 60 grams of that with 50 grams whey iso, my next whole food meal would then be fats and proteins right? How long would you suggest I wait to eat again? Right now its 90 minutes.
    MS - Human Sport Performance
    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpanthers View Post
    Note taken! Thanks much Myth!

Fats are at 15g (1 Tbsp) per meal right now (except post workout) from olive oil, enova or sesame oils. That sound about right to you?
    do LBM x .085-.115 for grams fat per meal, making sure to eat every 2.5-3 hrs you are awake (this is very important-->you don't ever want to risk cheating your metabolism by eating a set # meals with no regard to time spent awake, which is a primary constituent of BMR)

My post workout is vitargo, if I have 60 grams of that with 50 grams whey iso, my next whole food meal would then be fats and proteins right? How long would you suggest I wait to eat again? Right now its 90 minutes.
    60-90' after PWO1 is the perfect time to eat PWO2

Thanks again Myth!
    MS - Human Sport Performance
    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Protein should be at 1.25 to 1.75 grams per lb of LBM for women. Carbs should be at 2.35 grams per lb of LBM minus 50 to 150. ALL macros divided evenly except for PWO. Carbs should be 1.5 of each meal and last meal .5

Directed to Tipsta...
    What do you recommend for men for carb requirements if the above was stated for women?

not sure how much. but all my carbs are from whole oats...
    "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    Directed to Tipsta...
    What do you recommend for men for carb requirements if the above was stated for women?

Actually I made a mistake in that post as Id never go that high in pro for women. 1.25 is sufficient.

Men I use 1.5 to 2 depending on restrictction of carbs and fats.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    not sure how much. but all my carbs are from whole oats...
    Why???? Do you realize the power of a potato? Its a vegetable and that means POWER PACKED with nutrients to the point you can never match with any other carb or pill expecially its potassium content which is ONLY absorbable in food or liquid source.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Noob

Ok, feel free to clear this one up for me anyone...

There seems to be two forms of thought regarding Fat / Carbs for energy and muscle growth. One group says the body naturally prefers carbs for energy and it is essential to building muscle. The other group says carbs are like gasoline to the body but fat is like "jet fuel" and is the most anabolic energy source the body absolutely needs - hence "essential" fatty acids and once the body is switched to using fats for fuel it works and feels better overall. Again, I’m hearing carbs are essential and then carbs are not so essential.

Which approach to diet works best for losing fat and preserving or building muscle at the same time?
    (High Pro/Fat – Low Carb w/ refeeds for glycogen purposes)
    or
    (High Pro/Carb - Low fat)

Is there a common ground to prove a clear answer to this or do we refer back to the “everyone’s body works differently”?

Ok, feel free to clear this one up for me anyone...

There seems to be two forms of thought regarding Fat / Carbs for energy and muscle growth. One group says the body naturally prefers carbs for energy and it is essential to building muscle. The other group says carbs are like gasoline to the body but fat is like "jet fuel" and is the most anabolic energy source the body absolutely needs - hence "essential" fatty acids and once the body is switched to using fats for fuel it works and feels better overall. Again, I’m hearing carbs are essential and then carbs are not so essential.

Which approach to diet works best for losing fat and preserving or building muscle at the same time?
    (High Pro/Fat – Low Carb w/ refeeds for glycogen purposes)
    or
    (High Pro/Carb - Low fat)

Is there a common ground to prove a clear answer to this or do we refer back to the “everyone’s body works differently”?

Is this a trick question because one is a contest protocol the other a weight gaining protocol. No high carb diet can ever fuel fat loss....Ever....

High Protein/Moderate carbs/Moderate Fat........

Dedicated Noob

Is it safe to say then that no-one can lose fat and gain muscle naturally at the same time following a low or no-carb w/ high fat, high protein diet? There are those followers who say they can.

If so, call it a contest protocol with mass privileges but is it really possible or more hocus-pocus BS? Anyone?

No trick questions here, no bullshit. I'm just trying to get to the truth which is something the gyms and fit mags all do a good job of confusing the public about. Only thing I am guilty of is listening to too many sources at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Why???? Do you realize the power of a potato? Its a vegetable and that means POWER PACKED with nutrients to the point you can never match with any other carb or pill expecially its potassium content which is ONLY absorbable in food or liquid source.
    Ill have to add that in ther then. thanx. Oats are just so easy for me to make, and im lazy.llol. Are yams as good or should I eat regular potatoes? By the way tipsta, that fiber training is working great!

Is it safe to say then that no-one can lose fat and gain muscle naturally at the same time following a low or no-carb w/ high fat, high protein diet? There are those followers who say they can.

If so, call it a contest protocol with mass privileges but is it really possible or more hocus-pocus BS? Anyone?

No trick questions here, no bullshit. I'm just trying to get to the truth which is something the gyms and fit mags all do a good job of confusing the public about. Only thing I am guilty of is listening to too many sources at once.

You now know they are completely wrong. Any doubt read Dennis wolfs take on carbs.

Mass priviliges???? How????? Drugs are very osmotic to the muscle and carboHYDRATES are very osmotic to the muscle. See any connection?

Ever think of losing fat wiothout restricting carbs by using the cardio? Thats how I do it as well as anybody who wants to keep their drug like swole look.

Curious question? How come you have no pic? I suggest you stop thinking you can widdle a toothpick, NOT SAYING YOURE ONE, and put on some serious weight!!!
    Last edited by Tipsta; February 10th, 2009 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    Ill have to add that in ther then. thanx. Oats are just so easy for me to make, and im lazy.llol. Are yams as good or should I eat regular potatoes? By the way tipsta, that fiber training is working great!
    This is not a fair question since 99% of yams are really sweet potatos unless its a specialty store or on the west coast of the country. Yams and sweets are virtually identical but only the yam matches the white potato in potassium.

Your welcome and I'll add my usual.......Common sense tells you that in order to ACTIVATE the majority of the fibers within a muscle you must first DUPLICATE its action.

Fast twitch fibers explode with great INITIAL force so doing negatives would do VERY little for these fibers if that makes any sense? Now, negatives for a fiber that uses very little INITIAL contractile force like slow twitch fibers would benefit greatly here.

Actually sweet potatoes taste sweet, they are the reddish-orange ones. Yams are whitish. Sweet potatoes are the ones that actually surpass white potatoes in the potassium category : )

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Actually sweet potatoes taste sweet, they are the reddish-orange ones. Yams are whitish. Sweet potatoes are the ones that actually surpass white potatoes in the potassium category : )
    than its decided. sweet potatoes it is!

Is there a carb supplement or powder you could buy? Waxy Maize?

Something more convenient and cost efficient than oatmeal/rice would be nice. Less prep time.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast