Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

178 24.25%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

How about an "I don't count the macros and go by feel" option?
    Guessed at over 400/day. I'm 6'1", 245, just try to eat clean.

What are the CARB-things that you speak of??

I have not tried the Palumbo way of eating yet. So for me I gotta stay in around 600 on training days and around 400 on non training days. I am currently at an off season weight of 274 at 6 foot 1. Gotta love the carbs

vargasty

Go by feal. You can tell when you are flat. Then I would eat more. I would always reccomend 75-100 g of carbs pwo though. When not dieting I would assume my carbs are 400-500. I always shoot for 2 g of protein per lb of body weight though.

Hey all,

I'M new here but I must say I'm really luvin MD!!

I gotta say HOLY CRAP! to some of the carbs you guys are putting away! I'm and ENDO and for me 3000-3500 cal a day is max with only mostly complex carbs no more than 100 and that would be bulking. A cut drops me way down (I have the metabolism of an elephant) to about 2000-2500 cals or even less with no more than 50g complex and no sugars. Hell when bulking I might as well pack a flat tire around on my belly.....LOL

I use DAN DUCHAINES formula of saturation which is LBM times 2.4 plus or minus depending on weight loss or gain goals

Quote Originally Posted by PECS View Post
    When bulking I consume around 750 carbs a day.
    www.bloated.com/toomuchinsulin

I've gone that high before, and just found that even with my metabolism i gained fat pretty quickly and what with the whole being hypoglycemic.....yeah i felt like shit and wanted to sleep all the time!! Was going to bed at 20:30 and getting up for work at 05:45 and still felt exhausted!!

Now im taking in 250g a day less on some days and i feel better and gaining faster too be honest. Fats coming off and im not even dieting, just about to drop it too 150g a day to boost the fat loss so i get rid of the last bits of shit i gained when i went stupid with carbs. Then ill go back to 250g and stay there.....gain really well at 250g. 350g on a high day.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Keiller View Post
    www.bloated.com/toomuchinsulin

I've gone that high before, and just found that even with my metabolism i gained fat pretty quickly and what with the whole being hypoglycemic.....yeah i felt like shit and wanted to sleep all the time!! Was going to bed at 20:30 and getting up for work at 05:45 and still felt exhausted!!

Now im taking in 250g a day less on some days and i feel better and gaining faster too be honest. Fats coming off and im not even dieting, just about to drop it too 150g a day to boost the fat loss so i get rid of the last bits of shit i gained when i went stupid with carbs. Then ill go back to 250g and stay there.....gain really well at 250g. 350g on a high day.
    Exactly, carbs do not build muscle, they fule the muscle. You need just enough to fill your muscle up with glycogen and get you trough the day. I train slightly longer so when not dieting I am around 400 g of carbs per day.

ieat around 300 grams a day when not dieting but they are split between my 2 pre training meals and 2 post training meals

usually means meals 1+2, 3+4 with training in between 2 and 3

all the rest of the meals for the day are high in protein of course and good fats
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Exactly, carbs do not build muscle, they fule the muscle. You need just enough to fill your muscle up with glycogen and get you trough the day. I train slightly longer so when not dieting I am around 400 g of carbs per day.

A true DRUG LIKE anabolic reaction does not take place unless the muscle is in a SUPER saturated state. So to say Carbs DONT build muscle is INSANE!

My protein is 330 daily. When I prep my carbs are decreased to LOSE weight and when I put on muscle I RAISE the carbs ABOVE my saturation point.

So obviously its the CARBS that are the DETERMINING factor in building muscle.

GUYS, POST PICS SO WE KNOW WHERE THIS INSANE ADVICE IS COMING FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    A true DRUG LIKE anabolic reaction does not take place unless the muscle is in a SUPER saturated state. So to say Carbs DONT build muscle is INSANE!

My protein is 330 daily. When I prep my carbs are decreased to LOSE weight and when I put on muscle I RAISE the carbs ABOVE my saturation point.

So obviously its the CARBS that are the DETERMINING factor in building muscle.

GUYS, POST PICS SO WE KNOW WHERE THIS INSANE ADVICE IS COMING FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've grown on high protein moderate fat and virtually no carbs so you are mistaken. I definitly believe in carbs for bulking around 2 g per body weight bt protein and essential fats are what build muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    I've grown on high protein moderate fat and virtually no carbs so you are mistaken. I definitly believe in carbs for bulking around 2 g per body weight bt protein and essential fats are what build muscle.

POST PICS!!! CHOP CHOP!!! Unless its drug induced
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Currently:

Leg day 435
    Upper Body 375
    Off/Cardio day 275

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    POST PICS!!! CHOP CHOP!!! Unless its drug induced
    I do not own a digital camera, sorry.

wel varg you can afford juice so you should be able to shell out for one, they're a great tool for assessing your physique and progress over the years

I eat 125g of very low GI carbs daily.My healthy fat in take is high.By healthy fats I mean omega 3 fats from fish oil ONLY.None of that Dave Polumbo BS nut oil nonsense.Most of those oils are burned for energy and don't make the conversions well.Since I switched soley to Omegas from fish oil I've made tremedous muscular gains..even while "OFF". Wish I tried this much sooner..that's for sure!!!

~RR

Quote Originally Posted by PECS View Post
    I can only stay on that carb load for about 4 maybe 5 weeks at a time though, then I seem to become Hypo... so I lower down for a week or two, and then back up.
    if i ate like that i would become a sumo wrestler.

i eat 20-30 carbs per day.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast