Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

178 24.25%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

normally 90-200, right now, 50-65

AROUND 2 GRAMS PER POUND OF BODY WEIGHT

Anybody care to talk about insulin sensitivity?

What about it?
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by PECS View Post
    Almost all (unless I just HAVE to have a 3muskateer bar, crabings suck) come from Rice, Oats or whatever. But I have no delusions of being single digit BF%'s... I prefer to eat, and be stronger and be bigger. Although I am not fat, around 13-15% at the most.
    Structureally i'm not a big guy, or naturally strong, my joints are almost the same size as my wifes, so if I do not eat high carbs my strength sucks.
    But by doing so I have managed over the years to go from 6-2 160 pounds, to around 235-240 pounds currently and have been as heavy as 270 pounds no more than 15%BF. Still have abs, just not etched and seperated.

I have been a 5-10 and under to often zero a day COMPLEX carber for years. I have most often had amazing abs that besides a serious ab-specific training program, I attibute mainly to having and maintaining such a clean digestive tract troughout as much of my 24 hr day as i can.
    I have never competed in Bodybuliding nor have i ever wanted prior to the past 8 mths on any solid decision, to gain massive amounts of muscle, so much as just be dense and functional.. so i'm still pretty tiny and I am fml.

I am just about to come into a new program where I plan to cycle 4 weeks of as many days of as close to 600 grams ( at this stage) of which atm i plan to make up with various chain WM & Barley products/ yams/ a medium chain carb formular ( with reasonable fat content) and then whatever fruit and veg i do on top of that.. plenty of watermelon / additional fibre supplement varied fluids of varied ph and temperature + maybe 4 x / day bcaa sup to buffer the insulin along wih my regular whey protein and milk and juices ..
    and then 4 weeks of nooo complex carbs and no fat but plenty of fruictose to rip back down and cleanse my tract with so i'm still able to work my abdominals deep enough and from ranges lengths and directions that will still give me my privatelty fabulous abdominals.. which if I thought i would loose.. I would abort on.

I think the key to that many carbs and still being able to rip and work deep enough through the abs .. and for everything that means to the rest of my other body part training , is the types of carb chains that you do it on.

I have no idea if I can pull this off, but if i do,.. i am winning each of those that damming competitions i have my eye on and at this stage I am feeling okay to go ahead.

Particularly after Layne's article, I dont think i will maintain that for more than a few years before i let myself shrink again and resume my regular program and lighter denser frame and maybe find a new challenge. So much fun. I wish me 'luck' and same to you. 1000 is just crazy. I hope it works out for you .

Blooming tianshi lotus.

im on 135 carbs and only 100 grams of protein......i know wtf. Im a 155 pound woman...im thinking this guy who wrote my diet doesn't know what hes doing....shouldn't my protein be a little higher????? im scared im going to lose muscle!

p.s all my carbs come from whole wheat toast....... and one red bliss potato??? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMania View Post
    im on 135 carbs and only 100 grams of protein......i know wtf. Im a 155 pound woman...im thinking this guy who wrote my diet doesn't know what hes doing....shouldn't my protein be a little higher????? im scared im going to lose muscle!

p.s all my carbs come from whole wheat toast....... and one red bliss potato??? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Protein should be at 1.25 to 1.75 grams per lb of LBM for women. Carbs should be at 2.35 grams per lb of LBM minus 50 to 150. ALL macros divided evenly except for PWO. Carbs should be 1.5 of each meal and last meal .5

I've made CONSIDERABLE gains this past year keeping carbs at 75-180 grams durign my balk phase and not allowing them to go over 64 during my current prep.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I've made CONSIDERABLE gains this past year keeping carbs at 75-180 grams durign my balk phase and not allowing them to go over 64 during my current prep.

May I ask one question? If so, do you or have you used anabolics ever?

Plain and simple they change body structure and chemistry forever!

hoss is squeeky clean

I'm hitting PR's on several lifts and my carbs are under 75g/day right now except for my refeed on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by bhman6 View Post
    hoss is squeeky clean

I'm hitting PR's on several lifts and my carbs are under 75g/day right now except for my refeed on Sunday

THIS IS MY POINT EXACTLY!!! Science says, that many grams of carbs would put you in a catabolic state but they prove it to be WRONG!!! Thank you so much. I was geting tired of saying it. FUCK SCIENCE! To a point, that is.

hoss is squeeky clean

Thanks bro...Yes, Ben is right I am 100% drug free.
    I've tried about everything...Low Carbs, NO CARBS, Mod Fat, HIGH FAT, HIGH CARBS...
    The best diets for me are usually low to mod in carbs and mod to high in protein/fats. Of course in the off season I allwo myself 1-2 cheatmeals per week, but usually they are in the form of something like chicken wings, which is very low carb anyway, but higher in fat (albeit sat fat).

But I know PLENTY of people that POUND 500-1000 carbs per day, never get fat and this works for them.

After my 2nd competitive season I tried the mod-high carb thing (1.5 g p/lb, 1.5 g c/lb). I had some really nice gains, but I got FAT FAT FAT! I had to diet so hard to get down I think I lost alot of what I gained. My goal from last season to this season was to stay relatively lean and go back to the higher fat lower carbs I used previously. The results seem to be awesome! I'm 4 weeks out now and I'm lighter than I have ever been this far out, leaner than ever, and BIGGER than every. I am also much more pleasent to be around. As soon as I dropped the carbs pre contest I stopped getting low blood sugar, headaches, and my hunger was controlled much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    THIS IS MY POINT EXACTLY!!! Science says, that many grams of carbs would put you in a catabolic state but they prove it to be WRONG!!! Thank you so much. I was geting tired of saying it. FUCK SCIENCE! To a point, that is.

Tipsta that was my point regarding the whole water and electrolyte issue we originally argued about

science may say to have a certain ratio and whatever, but so many people don't do it that way and yet end up full and bone dry

Tipsta that was my point regarding the whole water and electrolyte issue we originally argued about

science may say to have a certain ratio and whatever, but so many people don't do it that way and yet end up full and bone dry

Now thats totally different. We are talking about internal and external fluid ratios. Science doesnt say it. Its just the human makeup. Worlds apart! Define bone dry. Dexter Jackson? He practices it, cause thats where I learned it. Joe McNeil. Yes, I know, Drugs and Diuretics. Not the greatest example but look at him and the rest. My def of bone dry and yours are different. I'm talking NO Drugs and especially NO DIURETICS. Google Jason Croce or Bobby Habeeb. They are my definition of bone dry.

Protein should be at 1.25 to 1.75 grams per lb of LBM for women. Carbs should be at 2.35 grams per lb of LBM minus 50 to 150. ALL macros divided evenly except for PWO. Carbs should be 1.5 of each meal and last meal .5
    i suck at math. lol

Lieutenant

Can you post a study to cite that reference report? Who sAid that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus View Post
    Can you post a study to cite that reference report? Who sAid that?

I'm a Dan Duchaine, John Parrillo and Joe McNeil Cronie and everyone of them uses and used those #'s. Where the hell do you peeps live? Under a rock? This is 2007. This shit is in muscle and fitness even.

Just curious? How much Pro and Carbs do you prep women on?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast