Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

    99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

    137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

    132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

    188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

    178 24.25%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 274

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

  1. #69
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    I assume you mean 'fan/ subscriber' up there. I dont know who they are. If i get a chance to check them i will, but i'm sure they have a logic behind those figures.

    I just addressed your question in the Fat Burner thread. If i saw this first, i would've done it here.



    How do you make up your carb intake Tipsta?

  2. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    I'm a Dan Duchaine, John Parrillo and Joe McNeil Cronie and everyone of them uses and used those #'s. Where the hell do you peeps live? Under a rock? This is 2007. This shit is in muscle and fitness even.

    Just curious? How much Pro and Carbs do you prep women on?
    So...you don't believe in overtraining (Parillo does not - he only believes in UNDER EATING)? Or do you pick and choose these gentlemen's theories?

    Serious question. I really like a lot of what parillo has to say, but I personally disagree with other things he says...I kind of pick and choose with him.

  3. #71
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    So...you don't believe in overtraining (Parillo does not - he only believes in UNDER EATING)? Or do you pick and choose these gentlemen's theories?

    Serious question. I really like a lot of what parillo has to say, but I personally disagree with other things he says...I kind of pick and choose with him.

    EXACTLY!!! Overtraining is virtually impossible with proper nutrition. However, I practice the 1 week break every 2 to 3 months of SERIOUS training.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  4. #72

    Default

    all of my carbs come from vegtable sources so i wouldnt even class it as grams due to the varying energy density
    im only laughing on the outside my smile is only skin deep...

  5. #73
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irish_muscle View Post
    all of my carbs come from vegtable sources so i wouldnt even class it as grams due to the varying energy density
    What does that mean? There are Starchy and Fibrous vegetables. Starchy like peas, Beans or Corn and many others, are the same as rice or oats. Fibrous carbs are FREE. All you can eat!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  6. #74
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerMania View Post
    i suck at math. lol

    Do you know your LBM and if so by what means of measurement was used. 9 point calipers are the only somewhat accurate means of measurement next to submersion in water. I'll do the math for you.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  7. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    EXACTLY!!! Overtraining is virtually impossible with proper nutrition. However, I practice the 1 week break every 2 to 3 months of SERIOUS training.
    I have to disagree. It's too dependant on the body type. I have been overtrained before...it sucks and takes forevero for your body to recover/respond to traiing agin. I use to do crazy volume lifting and eat tons of food. I got up to almost 200 pounds but I was FAT and overtrained.

  8. #76
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I have to disagree. It's too dependant on the body type. I have been overtrained before...it sucks and takes forevero for your body to recover/respond to traiing agin. I use to do crazy volume lifting and eat tons of food. I got up to almost 200 pounds but I was FAT and overtrained.

    Again, maybe its because I do practice the 1 week off every 2 to 3 months of training protocol. Also, you keep saying how you got so fat from the carbs etc. Did you ever think to take my advice on insulin threshold management via glucose monitoring combined with insulin mimicking supps. I GUARANTEE if you did you wouldnt have gained even a quarter of that fat. How many times do you think you would run out of gas in your car if you disconnected your gas guage. Better yet, notice that all gas pumps have a shutoff feature. When you are filling up it clicks off as its full. Otherwise you would just fill the car and it would just gush out of the opening to the gas tank. Samething. However, the body doesnt have a shut off feature to not allow any more food into the body. If it did it would shut your mouth until the stomach emptied. There isnt one person I've worked with IN PERSON that hasnt responded exactly the way I describe.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  9. #77
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I have to disagree. It's too dependant on the body type. I have been overtrained before...it sucks and takes forevero for your body to recover/respond to traiing agin. I use to do crazy volume lifting and eat tons of food. I got up to almost 200 pounds but I was FAT and overtrained.

    Body type my ass. you only disagree because you dont know how to nourish yourself. Period. Just because you're eating heaps of food, that doesn't mean you're getting everything you need , and it certainly doesn't mean you're maintining spectrums of everything you need to regulate uptake or that you're resting enough.

    Some ppl dont deserve to train that hard..
    natural selection @).

  10. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus View Post
    Body type my ass. you only disagree because you dont know how to nourish yourself. Period. Just because you're eating heaps of food, that doesn't mean you're getting everything you need , and it certainly doesn't mean you're maintining spectrums of everything you need to regulate uptake or that you're resting enough.

    Some ppl dont deserve to train that hard..
    natural selection @).
    Lotus, I'm going to hope that you are not flaming my ass. I know what I'm doing when it comes to the nutritional side of things. Bottom line. When I was gaining fat, it was clean food at 1.5 grams of carbs per pound of body weight. I disagree because I have seen how high carb andlow carb diets work differently for different types of people. If you don't buy into that then you need to do some serious thinking, looking, and working with different types of people.

  11. #79
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Lotus, I'm going to hope that you are not flaming my ass. I know what I'm doing when it comes to the nutritional side of things. Bottom line. When I was gaining fat, it was clean food at 1.5 grams of carbs per pound of body weight. I disagree because I have seen how high carb andlow carb diets work differently for different types of people. If you don't buy into that then you need to do some serious thinking, looking, and working with different types of people.

    1.5 Grams carbs? You obviously have insulin sensitivity issues. I'd LOVE to work with you! Your type would greatly benefit from insulin control not carb restriction..
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  12. #80

    Default

    Tipsta, I believe you are right. When eating carbs, I get more and more hungry and my blood sugar drops, leading to me being tired, headaches, etc...

  13. #81
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Tipsta, I believe you are right. When eating carbs, I get more and more hungry and my blood sugar drops, leading to me being tired, headaches, etc...

    Sounds to me like hypoglycemic symptoms. With this sport, the way it has evolved, using the Glycemic Index, Insulin spiking, Low GI carbs. Didnt you ever think to go to the store and buy a glucometer. Thats the first thing I did the moment the GI was introduced to me over 15 years ago. You need to run some tests. When your doctor prescribes a glucose tolerance test they use 70 grams of an extremely high GI drink. Then they do several tests over the next 3 hours. I suggest using 50 grams per meal using the foods you choose to eat on a regular basis. I would also make sure you have the amount of protein you use in each meal as well since thats how you will be eating on a regular basis. 5 tests per meal. Before first bite to see where you begin then every 15 minutes. Your blood sugar should be back to normal within one hour. That should show you how quick the sugar enters and is disposed of. I love the people who say digestion takes over 24 hours. Maybe for them it does but for me, I'm shitting out at night what I ate in the Morning.
    Last edited by Tipsta; September 28th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  14. #82
    Iron Addict Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Sounds to me like hypoglycemic symptoms. With this sport, the way it has evolved, using the Glycemic Index, Insulin spiking, Low GI carbs. Didnt you ever think to go to the store and buy a glucometer. Thats the first thing I did the moment the GI was introduced to me over 15 years ago. You need to run some tests. When your doctor prescribes a glucose tolerance test they use 70 grams of an extremely high GI drink. Then they do several tests over the next 3 hours. I suggest using 50 grams per meal using the foods you choose to eat on a regular basis. I would also make sure you have the amount of protein you use in each meal as well since thats how you will be eating on a regular basis. 5 tests per meal. Before first bite to see where you begin then every 15 minutes. Your blood sugar should be back to normal within one hour. That should show you how quick the sugar enters and is disposed of. I love the people who say digestion takes over 24 hours. Maybe for them it does but for me, I'm shitting out at night what I ate in the Morning.
    I always feel extremely lethargic for about an hour after my high GI meals after taking my GDAs. My blood sugar never gets above 147, even when I consume upwards of 90-100g simple carbs.

    an hour passes and I'm back to normal

    is this how it typically happens, Tipsta?

  15. #83

    Default

    I need to re-vote now that I'm doing Dave's diet.

  16. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRipped View Post
    I eat 125g of very low GI carbs daily.My healthy fat in take is high.By healthy fats I mean omega 3 fats from fish oil ONLY.None of that Dave Polumbo BS nut oil nonsense.Most of those oils are burned for energy and don't make the conversions well.Since I switched soley to Omegas from fish oil I've made tremedous muscular gains..even while "OFF". Wish I tried this much sooner..that's for sure!!!


    ~RR
    So how much you take per day.Can u outline ur diet?

  17. #85

    Default

    im eating 400g carb a day

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •