Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you eat carbs per day? (BULKING/MAINTAINING)

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 400 grams per day

99 13.49%
  • 300 - 400 grams

137 18.66%
  • 250 - 300 grams

132 17.98%
  • 150 - 250 grams

188 25.61%
  • Less than 150 grams

178 24.25%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How much you eat carbs per day..?

Quote Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
    I'm just curious, what does the rest of the diet/training consist of? Are you actually able to cut fat efficiently? Or are you already in decent enough shape year-round by eating as healthily as possible? Right now I'm on the Palumbo keto diet where you get maybe 30 grams of carbs a day.
    Am I able to cut fat efficiently??? I pinch a 20 on my abs offseson.

I dont use carb restriction as my primary fat loss tool. I use cardio resperatory work for that.

How much weight have you lost in how much time?
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Am I able to cut fat efficiently??? I pinch a 20 on my abs offseson.

I dont use carb restriction as my primary fat loss tool. I use cardio resperatory work for that.

How much weight have you lost in how much time?
    I've lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks on Dave's diet. Of course, 7 lbs of mostly water weight came off in the first week, so excluding that, I've lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks.

For the record, I'm only being curious; I'm simply interested in knowing about other dieting methods. I hope I haven't come across as a critic.

High days 700 grams, medium days 320, low days 90

Quote Originally Posted by tim97230 View Post
    wow, i cant believe how little carbs some people eat while bulking. im an endo and I work construction, so i stay between 1,000 and 1,500.
    holy crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    No disrespect but you have it backwards. Once your protein requirements for the day have been met any additional is of no value and will only store as fat. Now carboHYDRATE means exactly that HYDRATION of the muscle cell. Carbs store in a muscle cell as air does in a balloon. The more air in the ballloon the larger it becomes. Carbs along with proper fat intake is the ONLY thing that increaes muscle cell size. Your advice is for LOSING weight not gaining weight. If it were the case then we would all gain weight during contest dieting since the Protein is at its highest. Remember, If your diet alone WITHOUT training wont add weight ,good or bad, then adding caloric CARBOHYDRATE BURNING expenditure to it is a sure way not to gain any weight. In fact you might go backwards. I see it all the time. Guys use contest dieting protocols for muscle gaining purposes.
    Correct sir you are right carbs are just as important as protien the longer people stay on those low carb high protien diets the more carb senstive they will become those diets are not healthy only in my opinion for short term fat loss and that is it.I bet most of the people who stay on those diets way into their later years are going to become diebetic
    Last edited by heavyeagle; July 22nd, 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Tipsta, I believe you are right. When eating carbs, I get more and more hungry and my blood sugar drops, leading to me being tired, headaches, etc...
    you my friend are on the slow road to becoming a diabetic

380-410

as of right now im on the polumbo diet so basically none!
    but as the offseason goes! prob no more than 200-250 a day! i tend to put on to much body fat if i intake to many carbs! usually i do more on nontraining days as long as i lift the next day so i can use those calories for good!

weight 181 lean mass 167 eating 335 carbs workout days and 285 non workouts

Wow. Some of you folks really slam the carbs.

Right now, Palumbo style, but I'm thinking about incorporating carbs again daily, but just keeping them low with a refeed style day once a week. I'm also looking into other diets like the ABS diet (carb cycling). Any ideas on how they work for staying cut?

3 days are pretty much under 70 grams, then ill carb load for a couple days, 200-300~
    also depends on my workout and what bodypart! ex: day before leg or back day i bust out my calories!
    IFPA CERTIFIED
    go BIG or go HOME!

high carb/ high protein/ lowwww fat on lifting days
    high protein/moderate-high fat/ lowwww (35 g) carbs on off days
    1 cheat meal per week

Quote Originally Posted by emazur24 View Post
    high carb/ high protein/ lowwww fat on lifting days
    high protein/moderate-high fat/ lowwww (35 g) carbs on off days
    1 cheat meal per week

Someone done lied to you!!! Fat is THE most anabolic of all 3 macros yet on your most demanding days you have ,as you say, lowwww fat.....

Fat should be 20 to 25% of total calories.....Keep in mind a nobel prize in medicine was awarded on a diet based on 30% fat intake and that was due to fat LOSS issues... So I think you might be offbeat a bit with the need for fats....
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Dedicated Noob

Hey everyone - my first post here.

I never really count my carbs at all although there will be days/times when I'm slightly "carb conscious". If I had to guess I'd say between 300-400 but I really don't know.

I'm a fitness instructor and PT so the volume of exercise I do through my lifting and classes means I can keep the fat off reasonably well

Dedicated Noob

I eat between 100-150 carbs per day more no.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast