Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: USA's Steve Kuclo 3 Weeks Out

Whats up Steve, Looking sick bro! Not sure if you remember I met you at MetroFlex right before I flew back to colorado awhile back. Good luck, you definitely have made some great improvements.

cannot believe you're 24! jesus H christ, God save us all. you train like a bulldozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Hanshaw View Post
    I agree that Steve could be a pro now but the bolded statement above is out of control and I am confident that Steve will agree. To say that Ben White and Troy Alves would not be even close to him is getting carried away.
    Ben looked great, but no way he could beat Steve if both - he and Steve would be 100%. Steve is bigger, with better symmetry and virtually has no weak bodyparts as Ben has (calves, legs from the side, weak delts, back)

Same with Troy Alves - Steve dwarfs Troy in size/symmetry ratio, at the same condition Troy wouldn't even have a chance to stand next to Steve onstage.

I think the color is a bit off in the video... shouldn't he be green?
    INCREDIBLE Steve!!
    Great training partner too! Likin' the fuzzy head on Greg =)

Steve Kuclo... No one should have written you off or doubted you. Your dedication is evident just based on your career as a firefighter/paramedic!

I'm rolling with Steve K on the SHW win and overall at the USA's! Not just because he came from the same area I grew up in, in Michigan!
    Humapro - Protein for Humans - alrindustries.com

I can't wait until big Steve does damage at the USA's
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @animalpak @universalusa

He looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then last year. This is what I was expecting from him last year. If he looked like this then Cedric would've had a slight battle on his hands hahaha Steve has a good shot to win it but Burnekia is a beast too and who knows who the hell is out there that is the dark horse???
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    THAT is the Kuclo we have been waiting for! Makes the one who was at Nationals last year look like a little kid.
    Trueeeeeeeeeeeeee!~

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    Ben looked great, but no way he could beat Steve if both - he and Steve would be 100%. Steve is bigger, with better symmetry and virtually has no weak bodyparts as Ben has (calves, legs from the side, weak delts, back)

Same with Troy Alves - Steve dwarfs Troy in size/symmetry ratio, at the same condition Troy wouldn't even have a chance to stand next to Steve onstage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Justin Harris - MD's Power Bodybuilder troponin's Avatar

Steve has always had the potential for freaky strength.

I remember training back with him at 9am the morning after he turned 21. Our birthday "present" for him was working up to 855lbs on rack deads.
    I was sure he'd be feeling so shitty from the night before that I'd be able to outlift him AND get him to puke his brains out during the workout.

Neither of those happened.....I think he out repped me with the 855 and I was probably closer to puking than he was.

I'm glad to see him back to intense, heavy training. I always felt his best progress came when he was putting his "retard" strength and crazy recovery/endurance to use by training insanely heavy.

*NOTE* I really don't mean to use that term in an offensive manner. When Steve was doing his first bbing contest, he didn't "know" you were supposed to get weaker when you dieted. No one had told him that low carbs, cardio, and calorie deficits made you get weaker in the gym. So, since he didn't know you were "supposed" to get weaker, he didn't get weaker....he kept getting stronger. lol
    At some point we got pissed at him for not being pussies like us and someone said something like "God damn....what the hell is wrong with Steve? He's got some kind of un-diagnosed strength disorder...it's friggin' retarded."

So the (admittedly tactless) moniker "retard strength" stuck.
    It isn't intentionally derogatory.

I know he took some time to train in more of a "traditional" bodybuilding fashion in order to bring up some weak points....and it looks like he's done that.
    I'm happy to see him back to this kind of training.

For all the genetic benefits Steve has, I would argue that his biggest genetic attribute is his ability to recover so well in the gym.

Steve would bang through a set of 405lb for 20 reps on squats and not even be breathing heavy a minute later.
    His ability to maintain strength through a workout that involves VERY heavy weights with multiple drop sets, forced reps, rest-pause sets, etc., is just on a different level from other people I've trained with.

Anyone that's gone through a workout with him can tell you how frustrating it is to be gasping for breath, trying not to pass out with a heart rate around 200 bpm while Steve is next to you telling a joke (that you can't hear because of the ringing in your ears) and breathing normally.
    He has tremendous genetics for size and shape, but his ability to train the way he does, recover the way he does, and self-motivate the way he does is what is really going to set him apart in the years to come.

Steve is seriously just scratching his potential for size. Anyone who's met him in person knows how massive his frame is and how big he really is when you're standing next to him.
    What's scarier is that you can also see just how much more size he'll be able to carry without losing his shape.

Good luck at the USA's Steve!
    Last edited by troponin; July 22nd, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

^
    I actually got scared reading that....

Gman52

Quote Originally Posted by Newimage9 View Post
    OK Steve looks NUTS lol. Good luck bro because if you win then from 13th to winning looks great to any sponser.
    You have no idea of his past contest history do you?

Gman52

Quote Originally Posted by troponin View Post
    Steve has always had the potential for freaky strength.

I remember training back with him at 9am the morning after he turned 21. Our birthday "present" for him was working up to 855lbs on rack deads.
    I was sure he'd be feeling so shitty from the night before that I'd be able to outlift him AND get him to puke his brains out during the workout.

Neither of those happened.....I think he out repped me with the 855 and I was probably closer to puking than he was.

I'm glad to see him back to intense, heavy training. I always felt his best progress came when he was putting his "retard" strength and crazy recovery/endurance to use by training insanely heavy.

*NOTE* I really don't mean to use that term in an offensive manner. When Steve was doing his first bbing contest, he didn't "know" you were supposed to get weaker when you dieted. No one had told him that low carbs, cardio, and calorie deficits made you get weaker in the gym. So, since he didn't know you were "supposed" to get weaker, he didn't get weaker....he kept getting stronger. lol
    At some point we got pissed at him for not being pussies like us and someone said something like "God damn....what the hell is wrong with Steve? He's got some kind of un-diagnosed strength disorder...it's friggin' retarded."

So the (admittedly tactless) moniker "retard strength" stuck.
    It isn't intentionally derogatory.

I know he took some time to train in more of a "traditional" bodybuilding fashion in order to bring up some weak points....and it looks like he's done that.
    I'm happy to see him back to this kind of training.

For all the genetic benefits Steve has, I would argue that his biggest genetic attribute is his ability to recover so well in the gym.

Steve would bang through a set of 405lb for 20 reps on squats and not even be breathing heavy a minute later.
    His ability to maintain strength through a workout that involves VERY heavy weights with multiple drop sets, forced reps, rest-pause sets, etc., is just on a different level from other people I've trained with.

Anyone that's gone through a workout with him can tell you how frustrating it is to be gasping for breath, trying not to pass out with a heart rate around 200 bpm while Steve is next to you telling a joke (that you can't hear because of the ringing in your ears) and breathing normally.
    He has tremendous genetics for size and shape, but his ability to train the way he does, recover the way he does, and self-motivate the way he does is what is really going to set him apart in the years to come.

Steve is seriously just scratching his potential for size. Anyone who's met him in person knows how massive his frame is and how big he really is when you're standing next to him.
    What's scarier is that you can also see just how much more size he'll be able to carry without losing his shape.

Good luck at the USA's Steve!
    Glad to hear your input justin,you helped him alot when he was younger.

When will you compete again bro?

best wishes to you steve! reppin dallas!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345