Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fitness Winner Bethany Wagner, Figure Winner Terri Turner and Ava Cowan Interviews

Default Fitness Winner Bethany Wagner, Figure Winner Terri Turner and Ava Cowan Interviews

Spotter

as much as i respect flex wheeler....but does he know who he is talking to and what placing those people have?...he should be better prepared for the aftershow interviews

Behemoth

Bethany Wagner looks fantastic.

hahahaha, strong interview, brah!

Wink Good job Ava!

Wow, interesting interview. Here is my two cents; the next time you interview Flex, I think you should be a little more prepared as someone commented earlier. First of all, you started the interview with AVA COWAN, I repeat AVA COWAN, with, "You must be excited about your placement." Seriously? She took 8th place looking like a brick sh** house and, in my opinion, rocking that stage better than many of the girls(if not all) that placed higher than her. So in reply, NO she was not excited but of course you would have known that if you were prepared. Not to mention, she was counting on this show to qualify for the Figure Olympia. No, Monica Escalante took that win above Ava placing 4th. It's shocking really, especially with Ava's recent accomplishments and physique compared with Monica. Not to mention, a big deal and probably notable to mention during the interview. If you take a look at Ava's reaction after you said that, it was quite uncomfortable for her to respond to that but she handled it with great tact! At the end of the interview you were speechless, why? Could it be that you were again, not prepared? MD are you hiring? I promise you that I would deliver an OUTRAGEOUS interview with each and every competitor. Research is key, the audience is counting on the interviewee to know his stuff!!

On a side note people, am I alone in my bafflement? Take a look at the ladies who placed above Ava. What the hell were the judges looking for? There is a serious lack of consistency among the higher placements and please, compare Monica and Ava's pictures. Am I missing something here? The development and presentation that Ava delivered, far exceeded that of Monica or am I just biased?

Default Hello AVA

Quote Originally Posted by Sushilover View Post
    Wow, interesting interview. Here is my two cents; the next time you interview Flex, I think you should be a little more prepared as someone commented earlier. First of all, you started the interview with AVA COWAN, I repeat AVA COWAN, with, "You must be excited about your placement." Seriously? She took 8th place looking like a brick sh** house and, in my opinion, rocking that stage better than many of the girls(if not all) that placed higher than her. So in reply, NO she was not excited but of course you would have known that if you were prepared. Not to mention, she was counting on this show to qualify for the Figure Olympia. No, Monica Escalante took that win above Ava placing 4th. It's shocking really, especially with Ava's recent accomplishments and physique compared with Monica. Not to mention, a big deal and probably notable to mention during the interview. If you take a look at Ava's reaction after you said that, it was quite uncomfortable for her to respond to that but she handled it with great tact! At the end of the interview you were speechless, why? Could it be that you were again, not prepared? MD are you hiring? I promise you that I would deliver an OUTRAGEOUS interview with each and every competitor. Research is key, the audience is counting on the interviewee to know his stuff!!

On a side note people, am I alone in my bafflement? Take a look at the ladies who placed above Ava. What the hell were the judges looking for? There is a serious lack of consistency among the higher placements and please, compare Monica and Ava's pictures. Am I missing something here? The development and presentation that Ava delivered, far exceeded that of Monica or am I just biased?
    Hi Ava. Yes, you are biased (because it's you), but you're correct that you were much better than most women out there. Yeah, and Flex seemed a bit off. Sort of disrespectful, considering how he would have acted after placing 8th and someone said "Congrats" to him after his show. Everything about this was bull. We love you Ava and you're going to use this as fuel on the fire for your next comps.

Congrats to Bethany on her 1st Pro win!!!!! So happy for her and Guy who placed top 5!

Congrats also to my gal Terri who is always stunning. The figure line up was fierce! Congrats to all the ladies who looked great, so many to name and many of them who I adore. Top 3 were all well deserved and so happy for Monica for locking down her 1st Olympia qualification!

Krissyxo
    IFBB PRO/Team Gaspari Athlete/Oddo's Pro Angels/Team Pro Tan
    www.Krissychin.com

Quote Originally Posted by johndough1000 View Post
    as much as i respect flex wheeler....but does he know who he is talking to and what placing those people have?...he should be better prepared for the aftershow interviews
    Did he ever address Bethany by her name? All interviews seemed awkward. This is the place for no bull comments, right? Palumbo is much better with interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Hi Ava. Yes, you are biased (because it's you), but you're correct that you were much better than most women out there. Yeah, and Flex seemed a bit off. Sort of disrespectful, considering how he would have acted after placing 8th and someone said "Congrats" to him after his show. Everything about this was bull. We love you Ava and you're going to use this as fuel on the fire for your next comps.

Majrminer- Ha! Thank you for your response but no I am not Ava. As much as I aspire to be in the shape she is in- I am not she. Ava is a great representative of women's figure and she would not be so narcissistic as to refer to herself as a "brick sh** house". I agree with you completely that Flex's comment seemed disrespectful.

In addition, I would like to add that he needs to be a little more eloquent when speaking to the camera. I'm here wit Ava doesn't seem appropriate. Hey, I am down wit slang when I'm hangin wit my homies but on camera it just blends with the other words and is a bit hard to understand. Flex- I don't mean to be harsh but if I were in your shoes I would step it up. A little constructive criticism can be valuable.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

I can assure you that is not Ava LOL.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Colemanesque

Terri Turner is having a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    I can assure you that is not Ava LOL.
    Eh, it was a good shot since she mentioned sushi in the interview and the screen name had sushi in it, and only had 1 logged post at the time. Whomever it was, I agreed.

Eh, it was a good shot since she mentioned sushi in the interview and the screen name had sushi in it, and only had 1 logged post at the time. Whomever it was, I agreed.
    LOL, that's funny. True, that was my very first blog post. I am new to this site simply because I had been following Ava (huge fan). This site, so far, has had the absolute best coverage on the shows and competitors. However, when I saw Ava's interview with flex I was really disappointed with the "lack" of coverage. The audience would probably have been more interested to know WHY Ava felt that she placed 8th and what she may have done differently. To me, that would be much more interesting than what she was planning to eat. That being said, I felt compelled to comment in this forum about the interview and why I felt it failed to meet the audiences expectations of an after show interview with the awesome Ava.

I love this site though and I hope to contribute to more forums in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushilover View Post
    LOL, that's funny. True, that was my very first blog post. I am new to this site simply because I had been following Ava (huge fan). This site, so far, has had the absolute best coverage on the shows and competitors. However, when I saw Ava's interview with flex I was really disappointed with the "lack" of coverage. The audience would probably have been more interested to know WHY Ava felt that she placed 8th and what she may have done differently. To me, that would be much more interesting than what she was planning to eat. That being said, I felt compelled to comment in this forum about the interview and why I felt it failed to meet the audiences expectations of an after show interview with the awesome Ava.

I love this site though and I hope to contribute to more forums in the future.
    Also interesting is that everyone's saying the judging for the Men's Open Class was rigged and Gaspari's athlete placed 2nd when he should have placed lower. Interesting then that same idea wouldn't also apply to Ava. Just pointing this out in case other's haven't heard.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

I brought up that exact point in another thread. Ava is by far the most popular figure gal out there. So how is it she shows up looking awesome and get's 8th if Gaspari paid off the judges? People didn't like me punching holes in their 'theory' though
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website