Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 245

Thread: IFBB John Simmons Detroit Pro 202 Play-By-Play w/ Shawn, Fouad and Lenda with EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

  1. #86
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    In case you missed it, here's the link to Episode #77 of MD Radio with guests John Simmons, Tricky Jackson, Daryl Gee, and PD Devers.

    You can hear the correct way to say PD's full name and hear how Daryl began working out with information learned from Shawn's old show on ESPN!



  2. #87
    Iron Addict IRONBULL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    3,054
    Gender
    Male

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    DINA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DINA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #88
    Behemoth JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,316
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Thibaudeau View Post
    Yep, although that is 15lbs more than at last year's Olympia, and dryer. But he is 2-3'' shorter. In BBing, to have similar proportions we normally account for 4lbs per inch. So at 188-190 he has the same proportional size as someone who is roughly 196-198 on 5'6'' - 5'7''
    Weight is not as important as how a bber looks...its okay to weigh less if you look like you weigh more .....and at 188 lbs in the condition he is in today on his structure 188 lbs is awesome...a HUGE improvement!.....I helped advise Daryl when he won the USAs last year @ 173 lbs...and 188 is quite a jump up! You got some interesting training approaches Christian....way different from my old school mind...lol...but you must be onto something adding 15lbs quality stage muscle is quite impressive....my hats off to you and congrats to you and Daryl!....Go Daryl Gee

  4. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINIAN View Post
    Weight is not as important as how a bber looks...its okay to weigh less if you look like you weigh more .....and at 188 lbs in the condition he is in today on his structure 188 lbs is awesome...a HUGE improvement!.....I helped advise Daryl when he won the USAs last year @ 173 lbs...and 188 is quite a jump up! You got some interesting training approaches Christian....way different from my old school mind...lol...but you must be onto something adding 15lbs quality stage muscle is quite impressive....my hats off to you and congrats to you and Daryl!....Go Daryl Gee
    Yes, he speaks very highly of you. And to be honest, with the peaking strategy we used a lot of Daryl's imput, which probably came from you. How a bodybuilder look on one day is not the result of what he did in the past month or year, but of what he did all his training career.

    And to me, the sign that you are a great bodybuilder is that you look a lot bigger than you weigh.

  5. #90
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Thibaudeau View Post
    Yep, although that is 15lbs more than at last year's Olympia, and dryer. But he is 2-3'' shorter. In BBing, to have similar proportions we normally account for 4lbs per inch. So at 188-190 he has the same proportional size as someone who is roughly 196-198 on 5'6'' - 5'7''
    I have always used more than 4lbs per inch. Meaning he looked huge for his size. Great package. The only thing I see is he needs a little more quad sweep and back thicknes, then BOOM!

  6. #91
    Behemoth JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,316
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Thibaudeau View Post
    Yes, he speaks very highly of you. And to be honest, with the peaking strategy we used a lot of Daryl's imput, which probably came from you. How a bodybuilder look on one day is not the result of what he did in the past month or year, but of what he did all his training career.

    And to me, the sign that you are a great bodybuilder is that you look a lot bigger than you weigh.
    Thats very true Christian...thats a cool way to look at it. Thats always good to hear =) ...I have heard the same about you. And you are correct, its the cumulative effort and acquired knowledge gained over years and decades of the lifetime that an athlete takes into their battle with them....but apparently you guys been doing some highly effective things ;-) I'm psyched for Daryl...hopefully he wins...glad hes in good hands...Daryl has the potential to be an under 202 Mr. Olympia....adding 15 lbs of muscle and bringing it onto the stage in condition is helping him reach that potential...great job!

  7. #92
    Bro Scientist Robbie Durand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MD HOME OFFICE
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Ricky "Tricky" Jackson

    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; September 18th, 2010 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINIAN View Post
    Thats very true Christian...thats a cool way to look at it. Thats always good to hear =) ...I have heard the same about you. And you are correct, its the cumulative effort and acquired knowledge gained over years and decades of the lifetime that an athlete takes into their battle with them....but apparently you guys been doing some highly effective things ;-) I'm psyched for Daryl...hopefully he wins...glad hes in good hands...Daryl has the potential to be an under 202 Mr. Olympia....adding 15 lbs of muscle and bringing it onto the stage in condition is helping him reach that potential...great job!
    I agree, he has the structure and muscle bellies to be a menace to the crown in 2 years.

    If Daryl can stay it would be cool if you could come by once in a while. We can never have enough minds on a good team. And you obviously know his body better than anybody.

    BTW, the reason I'm saying that you know his body is because when we posted a video of him you said that he needed to lose 8lbs... he was 196 in the video, and 188 at the weigh-in... darn good guess!

  9. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhuge View Post
    he maybe shredded but he has no chest& he has a hgh gut man,the worst combo is a flat chest & a bloated stomach
    This is no dig at you, but it gets on my fucking tits people going on about 'GH guts', they have fuck all to do with GH!

    I was pretty close with James for a few years, trained with him for a couple, knew everything he took, and he used next to no GH, the sides for him, (CTS), were too severe.

    His distended gut is due to the insane amount of clean food he consumes, the same as it is for Darren Ball, another guy I know for a fact takes next to no GH.

    If they both took more gear to make more use of the food, I think it would help a great deal, with the amount of food James eats he should be about 260lbs.

    I've probably used more GH than most due to having the funds and access, and my waist is still very tight, because my appetite is piss poor, so I don't eat that much food.

    If GH was to blame I'd look 11 months pregnant.

  10. #95
    Behemoth JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,316
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    lol cool...thats right!...i did tell him 188...lol...I'd say it was a lucky guess but I'll just go with it and say thanks ;-) ......and I really appreciate the invite....I might actually take you up on that offer because I enjoy learning and to say i'm mildly intrigued by your training strategies would be an understatement!...very cool exercises and exercise theory.....very unique.....and maybe groundbreaking for the sport based on the results on Daryl...very cool stuff

  11. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nytol View Post
    This is no dig at you, but it gets on my fucking tits people going on about 'GH guts', they have fuck all to do with GH!

    I was pretty close with James for a few years, trained with him for a couple, knew everything he took, and he used next to no GH, the sides for him, (CTS), were too severe.

    His distended gut is due to the insane amount of clean food he consumes, the same as it is for Darren Ball, another guy I know for a fact takes next to no GH.

    If they both took more gear to make more use of the food, I think it would help a great deal, with the amount of food James eats he should be about 260lbs.

    I've probably used more GH than most due to having the funds and access, and my waist is still very tight, because my appetite is piss poor, so I don't eat that much food.

    If GH was to blame I'd look 11 months pregnant.
    Good post Nytol i totally agree. i was with James at the Orlando show where he fisnished 4th and his waist was small that was only few months ago. If he is bloated today then that is just down to food simple as...too many key board warriors jump on GH when someone is bloated...look forward to seeing the pics.

  12. #97
    Bro Scientist Robbie Durand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MD HOME OFFICE
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Stan McQuay

    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; September 18th, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

  13. #98
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    104
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I thought Clarence De Vis was going to be competing

  14. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Durand View Post
    Mark Dugdale


    What the hell happened to Mark's legs??? They are just straight up and down, used to have a 'better' sweep.


    He's still gonna win tho.

  15. #100
    Behemoth JUSTINIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,316
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    From these videos I have Daryl 1st....Stan 2nd...Dugdale vs Tricky for 3rd

  16. #101
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    67,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpmaster View Post
    What the hell happened to Mark's legs??? They are just straight up and down, used to have a 'better' sweep.


    He's still gonna win tho.

    Was thinking the same thing about his legs. Its a struggle for him to make the 202's and it looks like he lost size.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  17. #102
    Bro Scientist Robbie Durand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MD HOME OFFICE
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    1st Call Out: PD Devers, Mark Dugadale, Tricky Jackson, Stan McQuay, Lawrence Hunt, Daryl Gee

    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; September 18th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •