Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stan McQuay Wins Detroit Pro 202, Qualifies for Olympia 202 Showdown w/Daryl Gee

McQuay's physique is getting uglier, and ugler. It is starting to look banch warren-esque.

iWarrior

Quote Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    McQuay's physique is getting uglier, and ugler. It is starting to look banch warren-esque.
    How in the world do you see that?

Dugdale's back and arms were dramatically improved. It's a shame that he is constantly screwed with his placement, but I respect the fact that he never attacks the judges or acts bitter towards the sport. Guy just puts his head down and keeps working hard. Sad he won't get a shot at the 202 Olympia again this year...had him higher than 4th at last years.

No comment on Stan, but congrats to Gee...much improved.

I'm from Seattle so I remember what Dugdale's legs used to look like. Used to be all legs. When you try to bring up lagging body parts don't forget to train your strong ones every once in a while or this happens. He should definitely go back to the open. His upper body has improved so if he adds legs back onto his physique he would do fine against the heavier bodybuilders. Lee Priest and others his height are the only ones who can really be 202 without sacrificing size at this level. When he won the Ironman he said he was under 200 and he looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Santiago View Post
    This, not even remotely

Quote Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Santiago View Post
    Big Legs, torso nearly as wide as shoulders and arms lacking size making him look bottom heavy. I think that's what he means.

Beach Body

Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
    Dugdale got screwed!
    Agreed- he should have at least placed 1 to 2 places higher.

In this class if you are 5'6" - 5'8" you are too tall. Some of the guys that look amazing at 210lbs, trim down and lose all their fulness especially in the legs but they don't go into the open because they have to face guys on average of 240lbs +. There are more competitors in the open class vs. 202lbs. I would argue that if the weight limit were around 210-215lbs, you would see guys like Henry and Dugdale (who weight around 201lbs), filling out a bit more (like in the legs). All I'm saying is that there's a big gap between 202-220lbs where some guys look their best but most won't place well (exceptions like Hide of course).

Thumbs up 212 showdown

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Joseph View Post
    In this class if you are 5'6" - 5'8" you are too tall. Some of the guys that look amazing at 210lbs, trim down and lose all their fulness especially in the legs but they don't go into the open because they have to face guys on average of 240lbs +. There are more competitors in the open class vs. 202lbs. I would argue that if the weight limit were around 210-215lbs, you would see guys like Henry and Dugdale (who weight around 201lbs), filling out a bit more (like in the legs). All I'm saying is that there's a big gap between 202-220lbs where some guys look their best but most won't place well (exceptions like Hide of course).
    We should have a vote to see how many competitors and fans would like to see the rules get changed and bring the weight up to 212. Rules are meant to be changed especially in the beginning. Those extra lbs would make the quality of the shows so much better. Hope you guys agree.

Dedicated Noob AdrianLeanKnight's Avatar

Man Darl Gee came out shredded he was so dry

i disagree young Man...Its taken for fucking ever just to get a little man's contest back !

1979 Frank Zane under 200lb winner and overall was our last person to beat the over 200lb winner in a mr. Olympia )

We also need to be able to ( the under 202 champ) pose down with winner over 202 (Jay Cutler )

Lee Priest would have been a multi olympia winner as would have shawn Ray !!!!!!!

We keep wanting to edge it up a pound here and there...the whole point was to give smaller men a chance to compete and be competitive at around 200lbs !!!!!!!!!!

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    don't think ANYONE took pics!!!!
    Great new avatar pic bigmike!

Spotter

They should go to weigth classes beyond just the 202 and the Open class.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234