Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what is the average lifespan of bodybuilders?

Default what is the average lifespan of bodybuilders?

i was curious as to what the average lifespan of a bodybuilder is. i know all of us bodybuilders eat good and exercise regularly, but unlike myself, many bodybuilders chose to use supplements to enhance their physiques and performance in the weight-room. does the use of these supplements correlate at all to the user's lifespan. i know some bodybuilders who have died in their 20's and others who have lived to be as old as 107 years. can someone please give me some insight.

sincerely,
    pistolthedon
    "im the next big thing" --J.G.

Forum Leader: Chemical Enhancement brundel's Avatar

There are people who dont use AAS or anything related to bodybuilding that die at 20 or live to be 100.
    Everyone is different.
    There is no right answer.
    but you know this.

Banned

well bodybuilders live forever, i mean the drugs they take dont only enhance muscles, it enhances life aswell, it gives you 9999999 lives, kinda like a cat with 9 lives but better......shit...like a cat on steroids!

ugh....

i was hoping for some quality responses. not sarcasm

I once knew a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    i'm twice Compton's size..
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    just like some folks can be cured of cancer, homosexulaity is also treatable
    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Large Oiled up Muscular men in Thongs! Its called Heaven! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Enhanced Journal.

disregarding supplements and/or gear bodybuilders are theoreticaly proven to have a shorter lifespan based on training style and how blood cells react .. theres a pretty good explanation of it but it would take me a few minutes to type out which im not really in the mood for .. I learned about it in my personal training class but im sure a few people are aware of it from random articles or other classes .. its interesting because people would automaticaly think that since bodybuilders lift regularly and eat healthy that they would live long but the training style promotes the opposite within the body .. but like you i know bodybuilders who die young and very old

Quote Originally Posted by iliftpesos View Post
    disregarding supplements and/or gear bodybuilders are theoreticaly proven to have a shorter lifespan based on training style and how blood cells react .. theres a pretty good explanation of it but it would take me a few minutes to type out which im not really in the mood for .. I learned about it in my personal training class but im sure a few people are aware of it from random articles or other classes .. its interesting because people would automaticaly think that since bodybuilders lift regularly and eat healthy that they would live long but the training style promotes the opposite within the body .. but like you i know bodybuilders who die young and very old
    thank you for your wisdom

Beach Body

i really want to answer your question seriously
    but the better side of me says ..fuck it
    2 weeks tops

define bodybuilder

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Larva View Post
    define bodybuilder
    not this shit again

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by iliftpesos View Post
    I don't know if serious? If you are, this is a VERY scary post. Its complete bullshit. Thats the dumbest fuckin post I've read in the time I've been reading this forum. Thank god its not YOUR actual thoughts, my advice to you is to stop paying for the personal training classes because they are misinforming you. I suppose exercise balls and working your core constantly is the key to living long right? Reading this made my head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    I don't know if serious? If you are, this is a VERY scary post. Its complete bullshit. Thats the dumbest fuckin post I've read in the time I've been reading this forum. Thank god its not YOUR actual thoughts, my advice to you is to stop paying for the personal training classes because they are misinforming you. I suppose exercise balls and working your core constantly is the key to living long right? Reading this made my head hurt.
    its actually 100% proven fact .. im not gonna get into it with another e-troll but anyone that has studied anything on the matter would tell you the exact same .. its science not an opinion from someone who just likes to lift .. you clearly don't know much about the body outside of the standard things related to bodybuilding .. i dont blame you because it is somewhat advanced stuff but you can go ahead and calm down now .. ill bump this thread when i find the exact quote and explanation im looking for in one of my books just so i dont miss anything

Quote Originally Posted by pistolthedon View Post
    i was hoping for some quality responses. not sarcasm

Bullshit!

Spotter

you will die sooner. The amount of calories and insulin your body processes is double what everyday people eat. Insulin ages the body. However people who are overweight and use other drugs and alchohol age at an even faster rate. I personaly would be glad to give up a couple years at the end of my life to be big now. Plus ask yourself if didnt bodybuild, how would you live, and what effect would that have on your lifespan?

Bro Scientist

Dave Draper, Columbo, Frank Zane all still going around and training, so i would say as long as you keep active and healthy, mid 80's at least. It depends on what your body has abused over the years and we are talking about anything, smoking, boozing, work environments, drugs, where you live, stress, hereditary conditions etc. The guys from the 70's broke from cycles, didnt do drugs 24/7 and in general had fun with no hangups. These days with cycle after cycle and counteracting this with that to stop sides, dosages, recreational drugs, supplements that will kill you. Gh and all done to excess and add in diuretics. A deadly cocktail, we will see in the next 10 years who has shut down and who hasn't. Cant diet off a GH gut.

AZZA

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I once knew a guy.
    "I like them more around the age of 10 or so that way I can think of your physique because I'm so hopelessly in love with your body" - killinweights