Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

2010 Mr Olympia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 18 to 33 of 33

Thread: So, was I right about Rockell making the top 5?

  1. #18
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,851
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azooz-ZR1 View Post
    I wish you waited until the final results.
    What is the fun in that? hehe
    Ok, so I was off by one place, on the Rockell deal.
    I was right on: Jay winning a close one over Phil in 2nd. Branch being a major force but not being higher than 3rd . Victor and Kai being off and Roelly not being a major player.
    I blew it when it came to Wolf and he suprised me.
    I do think the judgng was dead on the money and very fair for this Olympia.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  2. #19
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    23,423
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    You were right and I was off by one place here. I didn't think Wolf would come in looking so good, and he deserved 5th over Ronny Rockell who got 6th.
    Ronny has been knocking at the door for years now he finally gets some well deserved respect from the judges and MD Expert Howard!

  3. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    What is the fun in that? hehe
    Ok, so I was off by one place, on the Rockell deal.
    I was right on: Jay winning a close one over Phil in 2nd. Branch being a major force but not being higher than 3rd . Victor and Kai being off and Roelly not being a major player.
    I blew it when it came to Wolf and he suprised me.
    I do think the judgng was dead on the money and very fair for this Olympia.
    Since you're a great prophet now Howard, will Obama win another election? Lol. Hope not.

  4. #21
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    You were right and I was off by one place here. I didn't think Wolf would come in looking so good, and he deserved 5th over Ronny Rockell who got 6th.
    Damn finally someone on a board that admits to being wrong. You must be a great teacher Howard.

  5. #22
    Beach Body Tagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Look at this great vid with the after pre-judging dinner with Roelly Winklaar and Ronny Rockel

    http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/fd...ter-prejudging

  6. #23
    Colemanesque
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,404
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    What is the fun in that? hehe
    Ok, so I was off by one place, on the Rockell deal.
    1 place might as well be 10 places when making such bold predictions. Looks like I was right and you were wrong.

    I was right on: Jay winning a close one over Phil in 2nd.
    I called Jay for 1st and either Kai or Phil for 2nd. I was obviously wrong about Kai...but I should've known with Oscar being such a dimwit.

    Branch being a major force but not being higher than 3rd . Victor and Kai being off and Roelly not being a major player.
    I hear ya'...I didn't buy the CRAP about Roelly being top 5 or whatever.

    At one point, Sibil had told me Roelly was 22 lb's heavier than he was at the NY Pro...I didn't see 22 extra lb's...did you?

    I also knew Vic was off quite a bit...you could see it in his video, although I did have him in 6th place (not 8th) in my final prediction. In all honestly, he should've been in 7th.

    I also called Dex for 4th.

    I blew it when it came to Wolf and he suprised me.
    I called Wolf being top 6 the day before the show.

    I do think the judgng was dead on the money and very fair for this Olympia.
    I agree....what a great show.

  7. #24
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,851
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    It is all in good fun and sometimes you get lucky, who knows.
    I was one place higher in my prediction for Rockell ( had him 5th, ended up 6th due to Wolf being on.)
    You had Rockell no higher than 7th so you were off my one place but were right on Wolf and wrong on Kai.
    I agree, what matters is that it was a great contest.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  8. #25
    Spotter reemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Rockell should have been 5th, but that is my opininon. His conditoning and symmetry was better than Wolf's. Everyone has to pay their dues..

  9. #26
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,851
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reemy View Post
    Rockell should have been 5th, but that is my opininon. His conditoning and symmetry was better than Wolf's. Everyone has to pay their dues..
    Wolf beat Rockell for the same reason that Jay beat Phil. Wolf was bigger and wider and in good condition. In that regard they were judging by a consiatnt standard.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  10. #27

    Default

    Off topic, but I thought Hide looked very good. Not arguing his placing as he is much smaller then the top 5 but for his structure, he has a lot of size on that frame and it was proportioned and conditioned. He should be very proud of the look he brought.

  11. #28
    Spotter reemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Wolf beat Rockell for the same reason that Jay beat Phil. Wolf was bigger and wider and in good condition. In that regard they were judging by a consiatnt standard.
    I guess so. You know your stuff. You are the NPC judge.

    I just was not impressed by Wolf at all. He's had two years to bring up his hamstrings and they're still weak, and he has no glutes, plus his legs have lost sweep. I guess I'm partial to Rockell. Saw him in the hotel Saturday morning and he is such a nice guy. He had been up all night, because he was nervous about his placing.

  12. #29
    Colemanesque
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,404
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    It is all in good fun and sometimes you get lucky, who knows.
    I was one place higher in my prediction for Rockell ( had him 5th, ended up 6th due to Wolf being on.)
    You had Rockell no higher than 7th so you were off my one place but were right on Wolf and wrong on Kai.
    I agree, what matters is that it was a great contest.
    To be honest wit you though, I really did not think rockel would even get 6th, but he did. I will not underestimate him again. I knew he was good, but just did not think the Judges would place him that high....they did.

    Your a good guy Howard and your posts are great. Keep up the good work!

  13. #30

    Default

    im glad ronnie is getting the recognition he deserves. what a great physique.

  14. #31
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,851
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reemy View Post
    I guess so. You know your stuff. You are the NPC judge.

    I just was not impressed by Wolf at all. He's had two years to bring up his hamstrings and they're still weak, and he has no glutes, plus his legs have lost sweep. I guess I'm partial to Rockell. Saw him in the hotel Saturday morning and he is such a nice guy. He had been up all night, because he was nervous about his placing.
    Being a certified judge has everything to do with juding by the accepted norms and ideals within the current, ACTUAL standards in BB.
    Most fans tend to judge and pick by what they THINK the standards should be.
    Wolf may never have the same kind of hamstrings as Phil Heath and Heath will never have Wolf's barn door wide shoulders.
    I think that Wolf may be more confident going into future contests.
    Many of the guys at the Olympia press briefing seemed "paranoid" to me. Not sure why? Maybe just contest nerves?
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  15. #32
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,851
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    Off topic, but I thought Hide looked very good. Not arguing his placing as he is much smaller then the top 5 but for his structure, he has a lot of size on that frame and it was proportioned and conditioned. He should be very proud of the look he brought.
    Hide was ripped and very impressive for a guy of his size.
    I had him 10th before and during the actual show.
    It is pros like Hide that make going to shows like the NY Pro and Europa worthwhile.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •