Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MD EXCLUSIVE!! Victor Martinez Reveals What Happened at the 2010 Olympia

Some of you are just way off in your criticism, you're negative and you're just wrong... The human spirit is how you measure the man, and I'd say it's strong as fuck with Victor. His mind is there, and soon his body will follow. If Jay can pull a 2009, then Victor can pull a 2011.

Vic is nowhere near over.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    Jay can win with one quad, Vic brings up both and has a narrow waist and hips. Vic should only train one quad and do weighted crunches. He'll win one soon!
    Vic is amazing. He def should've placed ahead of Wolf.
    No. Are you blind? Vic was holding a ton of water, was flat and smooth and down in size. His legs are terrible in this show. Wolf had his fair share of shitty showings the last 2 yrs and he deserved to be ripped for them but he totally changed himself and looked great at this years Mr. O. Jay might have symmetry problems but ONE quad? The 2 quads arent mirror images of each other but they are BOTH HUGE! Put down the crack pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Can someone rationalize the use of chains on a Smith Machine Squat? I just don't understand. I see it all the time on free-squats, but if the bar is guiding you (no need for extra stability), then what do the chains do besides add weight? And then why wouldn't you just add weight plates?

Please help.
    Do you know how chains actually work?

Great video, that's the kind of we are looking for - very well done Mike!

I tried bands the other day during my chest day for the benchpress and my pecs were beat up the next day. I'm sure the chains are just as good. In the video, there were two chains per side, a small one attached to the barbell and the lower heavy chain. If I want to have a similar setup, what is a good length for the two chains per side?

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    What is there to talk about that Vic hasnt said himself? All we can do now is watch and wait. Unless you like speculating a bunch of BS.
    speculating a bunch of bs?? hmmm that was one of two post i've ever made on this site in the year i've been a member.. obviously i'm not one to speculate....

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    My thanks to Victor for his honesty and willingness to work with me and talk about this difficult subject. He is a class act.
    Mike, this is the best video I have seen on MD in some time. It was crisp and clear for the most part which for me has been a reason I have stopped watching these MD videos. This one however was awesome in that I could see the subject and be inspired by his detail without the picture being blurry. I will definately be following your Youtube videos.

I have been a fan of this sport since 1983. Vic had me worried in this video a bit because he seemed so defeated which is natural when you compete and do not get what you worked so hard for. His legs looked good and will only get better from this point. It would be a loss for the sport should he lose the love for it and stop competing. Vic has the tools and I look forward to him sharpening them and these videos coming up by Mike. Again, I just love the sport and dont have a horse in any shows.

Mike,

Since you play music, do you put your own music in these videos? I like the music choices in your Short Feature on the Turkey Trot (at your site). Really great work.

Quote Originally Posted by noserratus View Post
    Mike, this is the best video I have seen on MD in some time. It was crisp and clear for the most part which for me has been a reason I have stopped watching these MD videos. This one however was awesome in that I could see the subject and be inspired by his detail without the picture being blurry. I will definately be following your Youtube videos.
    Thanks. Online quality of videos is something that has bothered me for a long time. Luckily it is getting better along with the ability of internet service and computers to stream larger files.
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Quote Originally Posted by noserratus View Post
    Mike,

Since you play music, do you put your own music in these videos? I like the music choices in your Short Feature on the Turkey Trot (at your site). Really great work.
    Good question. I'd love to but...

A. I'm really rusty and

B. There's no time! It takes me too long to shoot and edit the videos as it is without having to compose and perform my own music. Maybe someday.

Most of the music in my videos is composed and performed by Martin Bailey, an accomplished soundtrack composer. You can check out more of his work here..

http://www.myspace.com/powerescape

I am very lucky to have Martin on my team. His contributions are valuable additions to my video work.

I also like to give young, unsigned bands a chance. I have used the music of an Australian band called From the Ashes in my documentary series about my brother. Here's the clip where it was used, if you are interested. I thought that considering the story, it was a particularly effective joining of music and images.

You can hear more of their music here...

http://www.myspace.com/fromtheashes.society

I always like to help promote the musicians that help me, so I'm glad you asked!!! LOL!

I in fact did listen to that song as I watched that video, and thought it was emotional and captured the scene. Thanks for the link and the link to your page.

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    Do you know how chains actually work?
    Um, not sure? Does this apply?
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    They add weight, but only at the top of the motion. They hit the floor and offload when you squat down, thereby taking pressure off while the knee is in it's most vulnerable position.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well.
    Thanks, Mike... I was assuming some reduction in tension at the bottom of the movement, but never saw it done on the Smith. Thanks for the (non-dumbass) response.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Thanks, Mike... I was assuming some reduction in tension at the bottom of the movement, but never saw it done on the Smith. Thanks for the (non-dumbass) response.
    LOL! It was a legitimate question!

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by stangerman View Post
    No. Are you blind? Vic was holding a ton of water, was flat and smooth and down in size. His legs are terrible in this show. Wolf had his fair share of shitty showings the last 2 yrs and he deserved to be ripped for them but he totally changed himself and looked great at this years Mr. O. Jay might have symmetry problems but ONE quad? The 2 quads arent mirror images of each other but they are BOTH HUGE! Put down the crack pipe.
    Wow, how's that Kool-Aid tasting? Wolf looked the same as the NY Pro. So you support the One Huge Quad/Torn Lat Man and the One Huge Lat Man.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast