Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suggestion on early morning pre-workout meal.. ?

Nobody

Default Suggestion on early morning pre-workout meal.. ?

Hello everyone,

Due to changes in schedule, I'm going to have to start working out early in the morning instead of late evenings like I'm used to. My question is, what should I eat beforehand? I dont want to have to wake up an additional 30-45 minutes earlier just to get a breakfast meal digest, and I also dont want to have to work out on an empty stomach.

My initial thought was to go with some simple carbs like a banana or cereal and whey, avoiding fats and slow digesting protein and dairy, but I would like everyones feedback. Thanks in advance!

Muscle Head

bump. I'm in the same boat. Would appreciate ideas

Yeah slam the carbs, shakes are ok if ya need to do that too. I have had good workouts early mornings with oats, dextrose and whey.

Just slam a preworkout and some BCAA's, then workout, I've had some of my best workouts ever training fasted first thing in the morning.
    Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

I work out early and I have a shake and a sweet potato and I feel great

Director of U.S. & Int'l Sales API Xtreme's Avatar

Protein shake w/unsweetened almond milk (only 40 calories for 8 ounces and tastes MUCH better than water), berries, and oats sweetened with a little agave. Amounts will depend on your stats. I recommend a preworkout supp too. I'd pass out if I didn't eat first...

Michele W.
    www.apixtreme.com
    Visit my Q&A in the Supplement Thread!

I know you said you do not want to eat any dairy upon waking up. But I have had good workouts early in the morning with just having 16-20oz of whole chocolate milk and a banana. If I lift early though, I usually wake up 1-2 hours before my workout.

small bowl of cerial and a scoop of whey with some creatine. somtimesi add a scoop of lipotropic into my cerial.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

I've always liked a couple scoops of whey with some blended oats inside. I usually do about a cup of oats and just drink them down with my shake. I'll add in creatine as well, but I don't take preworkout supps
    At least i am not a animal RAPIST like your self, keep to the human's. -aarons

what i would do is just blend a shake with some oatmeal in it, down it and go train man. i do that sometimes now if i'm in a hurry and gotta run out the door. it works great and you dont have to cook anything. well i cook the oatmeal to make it soft then i blend it. but you can just scoop it right out and pour it in the blender brother. good luck

Pancakes and Eggs!!

Dedicated Noob

I use Shakeology with 8oz of almond milk a table spoon of natural peanut butter..

I agree with the protein shake plus a bowl of cereals or pancakes

Little Guy

Pre workout shake and a bowl of steel cut oats. It helps start the day and it's solid for morning workouts. I make my steel cut oats the night before in my overnight pot.