Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

too old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep telling myself the more muscle I get, the more will grow from it. Seems true enough to some extent, but truth besides the point, with this approach age doesn't matter - effort does.
    These are not the carbs your looking for.

Comment

It is never too late as long as you are doing it for your own satisfaction. As long as you take your training and nutrition seriously, your body will respond to exercise no matter what age, enhanced or not. I competed in my first competition in 2007 along with my son Jon at the ripe old age of 46. I competed again in 2009 and 2010. I do it because I got bit by the bug and I like to see my body changing from off season to contest shape. It sort of becomes a journey of self improvement every prep.

Comment

yeah but is 30 2 old to START bodybuilding if you've never done it before, and compete etc. be sucessfull ?

Comment

Originally posted by ad_adrian View Post
          yeah but is 30 2 old to START bodybuilding if you've never done it before, and compete etc. be sucessfull ?
          Dude, in five years you could gain anywhere from 40-60 pounds of quality pounds and probably not need a shit load of gear unless your genetics suck. Will you win the Nationals?...not likely unless you start using from the start, but you could win a local show for sure. It's not like you are starting at 50. That might be a stretch, but still possible in my honest opinion if you have the money and time.

Comment

yeah i suppose your right, my father only started when he was 58 he put on a bit although with the parkinsons its making it tough for him

Comment

Originally posted by joted View Post
              Did my first show at 40 years old after lifting for 5 years (I remember when I couldn't bench 135). You probably won't be the biggest nor the most conditioned guy on the stage but that doesn't matter. The show is about your success. It doesn't matter where you place - only that you had the balls to get in shape and get in front of others. Go for it.

preach it! absolute insane reply. couldn't agree more JOTED
              That's what she said -Michael Scott-

Comment

Thanks. I think most master competitors realize we are not going to be Mr. Olympia, but who cares. When you go to the gym you do it for yourself - same thing with competing.

Comment

Working...
                X