Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My humble request of MD editor Peter McGough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My humble request of MD editor Peter McGough

Dear Mr McGough,

Now that you are MD's editor in chief , I was wondering if you can add something to the printed mag and web pg..
    I would love to see some of the legendary bodybuilding battle comparison pics and your comments or story about it.
    I think many MD readers would love to see some shots of Danny Padilla vs Mahamed Makaway * Eqypt ( spelling?)
    battle from the 1976 or 77 (?)IFBB Universe.
    It doesn't have be from the "golden era" of the 60's and 70's . Plenty of great battles have happened in the last 20 yrs. For example, Kai vs Phil Heath in the last Olympia was a close, hard fought contest. Lee Haney vs Gaspari is another one.
    Who could forget seeing Shawn Ray lose by a whisker to an injured Yates in the mid 90's.
    How about the 1st Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia win vs Flex Wheeler? That was one of the great "forgotten" battles in Olympia history.
    I know many like me would love to see some of the classic Mr America line ups with men like Joe Meeko and Jeff King.
    I suspect you have some great stories and pics of all kinds to share . I for one, would be greatful if you could share them.

Unlike some, I first got into bodybuilding because of the sport or contest aspect of it. In all modesty, I was never a skinny kid and had naturally wide shoulders and an athletic build. For me, the big attaction of bodybuilding was the competition.
    To get on stage and stand beside your rival , going for pose for pose, was the end all/be all of bodybuilding.

Thanks for any consiederation of my request, Howard in Ga * loyal fan of your work and MD
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Now THAT is a good idea....and positive. Nice one
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Bump! Good idea
      SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
      2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man View Post
        Now THAT is a good idea....and positive. Nice one
        Thanks. I have vented and stated my concerns and criticism. It is , what it is. So, I am now going to focus on why I ENJOY bodybuilding again.

The rise of figure,bikini and mpd makes me want to go and compete in a regional NPC ( this summer) even more now. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Thanks. I have vented and stated my concerns and criticism. It is , what it is. So, I am now going to focus on why I ENJOY bodybuilding again.

The rise of figure,bikini and mpd makes me want to go and compete in a regional NPC ( this summer) even more now. Go figure!
          I think you'd be better off doing Masters Howee, not figure mate...
          MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
            I think you'd be better off doing Masters Howee, not figure mate...
            LOL, it "figures" it would take a writter to bust my balls over my "figure " pun.
            If I can just stay on this diet I just started ( your thread got me started again, thanks).

Comment

If I could, I would ban you...
              I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by bolsen View Post
                If I could, I would ban you...
                I would ban me for reading about Howard doing figure.. That image will haunt me throughout eternity!

Comment

But seriously, Peter getting appointed is the best thing to happen in bodybuilding journalism in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by bolsen View Post
                    If I could, I would bang you...
                    Thanks for the offer, but not before dinner and a movie.
                    FYI, ya know Bolsen I always had thing for large , quiet men in goalie masks

Comment

Originally posted by intenceman View Post
                      I would ban me for reading about Howard doing figure.. That image will haunt me throughout eternity!
                      You really need to see me in heels and a thong...flawless!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        Dear Mr McGough,

Now that you are MD's editor in chief , I was wondering if you can add something to the printed mag and web pg..
                        I would love to see some of the legendary bodybuilding battle comparison pics and your comments or story about it.
                        I think many MD readers would love to see some shots of Danny Padilla vs Mahamed Makaway * Eqypt ( spelling?)
                        battle from the 1976 or 77 (?)IFBB Universe.
                        It doesn't have be from the "golden era" of the 60's and 70's . Plenty of great battles have happened in the last 20 yrs. For example, Kai vs Phil Heath in the last Olympia was a close, hard fought contest. Lee Haney vs Gaspari is another one.
                        Who could forget seeing Shawn Ray lose by a whisker to an injured Yates in the mid 90's.
                        How about the 1st Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia win vs Flex Wheeler? That was one of the great "forgotten" battles in Olympia history.
                        I know many like me would love to see some of the classic Mr America line ups with men like Joe Meeko and Jeff King.
                        I suspect you have some great stories and pics of all kinds to share . I for one, would be greatful if you could share them.

Unlike some, I first got into bodybuilding because of the sport or contest aspect of it. In all modesty, I was never a skinny kid and had naturally wide shoulders and an athletic build. For me, the big attaction of bodybuilding was the competition.
                        To get on stage and stand beside your rival , going for pose for pose, was the end all/be all of bodybuilding.

Thanks for any consiederation of my request, Howard in Ga * loyal fan of your work and MD
                        Okay, Howard -- you're as big on history as I am. By the by, I'm not Editor in Chief, I'm Senior Editor.

Comment

Got Some more suggestions! The Florida Pro Cup where Mike Mentzer beat Robby Robinson in his first Pro show, receiving a perfect score! By the way which I attended! Also the early NOC's that Robby and Danny Padilla fought it out on stage.The years were 1979 and 1980!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McGough View Post
                            Okay, Howard -- you're as big on history as I am. By the by, I'm not Editor in Chief, I'm Senior Editor.
                            Thanks and I know many MD regulars wll enjoy seeing and reading about the great posedown battles in bodybuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rep View Post
                              Got Some more suggestions! The Florida Pro Cup where Mike Mentzer beat Robby Robinson in his first Pro show, receiving a perfect score! By the way which I attended! Also the early NOC's that Robby and Danny Padilla fought it out on stage.The years were 1979 and 1980!
                              YES! Those Robby vs Mentzer Grand Prix contests during that time were heated battles.

Comment

Working...
                              X