Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

FOX ON THE RUN PART TWO! A day in the life of bodybuilding enigma Bertil Fox circa 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astral View Post
    Bertil Fox was awesome. Everyone knows Rick Wayne screwed Bertil over big time. When Bertil moved back to his hometown his ego got the best of him and I believe he thought he was above the law. Now about Lee Preist, he ratted every bodybuilder out he knew and bad mouthed the IFBB and other bodybuilders, why would someone hurt the same people and federation that put him at the top? I will tell you why, because he was bitter and he knew with his body he could never win the O. hence he began his career of car racing, probably something he was better at. Craig Titus was just like Lee, always sour grapes.
    I am not a great fan of Lee but come on really!!!!!! Bertil Fox(double murderer)Craig Titus(murderer) but ah Lee Preist bad mouthed a lot of people wow what a bastard lol

Comment

Originally posted by victoria,ruby View Post
      LOL Your loyalties obviously lie with M.D which is understandable, but you obviously misunderstood what i meant doing a story about who has turned out to be a double murderer mmmm who is the next big story going to be on Craig Titus maybe???? surely you can see what i mean and who said that it was in any way important to me it just seems to me that the principles are all messed up to say the least.
      Lol at comparing Craig Titus to a legend like Fox.

Lee is a terrible business investment as he tends to fuck over anybody he works with, he's grown a reputation for that. Where as most people have no clue about BF's criminal history.

Comment

Great story Peter.
        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by MICKSHERE View Post
          I used to train with Ron's son way back, Peter do you go as far back as Bodybuilding monthly?
          Hi Mickshere. Yes I met Ron's son (Carl wasn't it) several times and saw him compete. His father Ron was an energetic EFBB Prez but passed away quite young in late '90s.What's Carl up to these days and how his Mum Marilyn? Yes I worked for Bodybuilding Monthly from 1983-84. In The Fox story in the B&W pic of him grabbing me I am holding a copy of Bodybuilding Monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
            Lol at comparing Craig Titus to a legend like Fox.

Lee is a terrible business investment as he tends to fuck over anybody he works with, he's grown a reputation for that. Where as most people have no clue about BF's criminal history.
            Lol true Bertils killed two people to Craigs one There both low life murderers who dont deserve to be given any consideration no matter how good(as in Bertils case) they were at bodybuilding.

Comment

Comment

Great story. I had the pleasure of watching Bertil train. I recall going to a gym in Wolverton (England). As I entered he was leaving. To say coming face to face with this huge man left me speechless is an understatement. I could not believe that a magazine cover had come to life right there in front of me. And the size of a family house. Well that's what I thought! If only I had gone to the gym earlier was my thought throughout my workout. Was not like being at Golds or World gym here so to see hero's was unheard of here. However the next day an earlier workout was had with the desired result. He was there training. I still recall just watching every movement, rep and set and style. He must have thought I was slightly odd. Incredible to watch. Thank you for sharing your story as only you can Peter. Much enjoyed and brought back my memories to.

Comment

Regardless of his later personal issues, Bertil was a great bodybuilder in his day. Nobody is asking for Bertil's actions to be forgiven or forgotten, the articles are just a glimpse into a bodybuilder who was touted to be a future Mr Olympia. And it's certainly not a bad thing for athlete's and celebrities to be seen as human and fallible so that others don't blindly follow them or begin to feel inferior to those folks.

Comment

Wow.
                    "You're not impressed? Are you kidding me?! Every guy that steps on that (Olympia) stage is a legend somewhere." - King Cutler

Comment

I know that it's almost impossible, but, is there any "new" picture of Bertil? I would really like to know, how he looklike these day. He is 64 old now, if he is still alive. And yes, I know that he is in prison since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McGough View Post
                        Hi Mickshere. Yes I met Ron's son (Carl wasn't it) several times and saw him compete. His father Ron was an energetic EFBB Prez but passed away quite young in late '90s.What's Carl up to these days and how his Mum Marilyn? Yes I worked for Bodybuilding Monthly from 1983-84. In The Fox story in the B&W pic of him grabbing me I am holding a copy of Bodybuilding Monthly.
                        Yes it was Carl, I haven't seen him in years n years mate, I was in my late 20's early 30's when I used to train with him, he worked at Contour gym back then in Rotherham, I think he went on to work at his Dads gym on the moor in Sheffield?, at the time they used to live in the old telephone exchange at Wickersely Rotherham, but they moved on some years ago.

Am I right in thinking the old Bodybuilding Monthly was a west yorkshire based mag?think the guy was called David Williams no doubt I'm way off with that guess hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MICKSHERE View Post
                          Yes it was Carl, I haven't seen him in years n years mate, I was in my late 20's early 30's when I used to train with him, he worked at Contour gym back then in Rotherham, I think he went on to work at his Dads gym on the moor in Sheffield?, at the time they used to live in the old telephone exchange at Wickersely Rotherham, but they moved on some years ago.

Am I right in thinking the old Bodybuilding Monthly was a west yorkshire based mag?think the guy was called David Williams no doubt I'm way off with that guess hahaha
                          Hi Mickshere. Yes, the family lived in that converted telephone exchange -- I went there a couple of times. Ron used to drive around in a Rolls and he managed the Gateway Gym in Sheffield, Nottingham and Mansfield. He then became President of the English Federation of Bodybuilders (EFBB) from about 1982 to 1985. He then moved to Birmingham and opened the Muscle Machine Gym. Yes, Bodybuilding Monthly was based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire and former competitor Dave Williams was the publisher. He's passed away now.

Comment

Done some investigative work, last seen mud wrestling of all things!

Comment

Working...
                            X