Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What most schools don't teach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What most schools don't teach

Learning how to meditate would be far more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik133 View Post
      why do you say that?

Comment

Critical thinking

Comment

Originally posted by B-Neva View Post
          why do you say that?
          Your internal state of mind manifests every interaction you have externally. If you have feelings of anger/fear/hatred inside, that is what will come out. If you have feelings of love/peace/unity within, that is what will manifest outside.

The two main (many sub sub sects exist) type of meditation techniques would be the stilling of the mind to focus on your breathing or the visualization of something you desire to manifest.

Both have their places, the stilling of your mind to focus on your breathing or heart beat or whatever is very useful in allowing yourself to observe your thoughts. For one time during your life, you're entirely left alone to your own thoughts/accord so you see what you truly are. You get a chance to filter out the bullshit put on you by the world/society/family/friends/bosses and you become aware of your true self. IMO this would be the best one to teach to very young children, not only that, but meditation has many benefits in your actual day to day life; better focus, a sense of peace/belonging, not having pent up feelings and most of all true awareness of self.

The visualization is great in focusing your mind on a positive goal and seeing it come to life in your mind. Most people don't understand just how weak their minds are until they try to CLEARLY visualize something and hold that image.

It doesn't even need to be long by any means at all,5 minutes per day a few days a week is more than enough if you've never done it.

Comment

Your internal state of mind manifests every interaction you have externally. If you have feelings of anger/fear/hatred inside, that is what will come out. If you have feelings of love/peace/unity within, that is what will manifest outside.
            Meditation and prayer have also been practised by the most murderous warriors in history who wanted to bring love, peace and unity to those they conquered.

Comment

Originally posted by PhysEd View Post
              Meditation and prayer have also been practised by the most murderous warriors in history who wanted to bring love, peace and unity to those they conquered.
              Lol

Comment

I just agree with the video from the stance that, I personally took computer science and can't talk to most people about what I took or what I do. If I tell someone I took comp sci, there reply is a long the lines of "so you can fix my computer?"

Comment

^
                  Well, in defense of those people that didnt know what a browser was, everyone fucking eats and consumes calories. How many of them do you think can tell you exactly what a 'calorie' is??

Comment

Originally posted by B-Neva View Post
                    I just agree with the video from the stance that, I personally took computer science and can't talk to most people about what I took or what I do. If I tell someone I took comp sci, there reply is a long the lines of "so you can fix my computer?"

LMAO!!
                    "You're not impressed? Are you kidding me?! Every guy that steps on that (Olympia) stage is a legend somewhere." - King Cutler

Comment

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
                      ^
                      Well, in defense of those people that didnt know what a browser was, everyone fucking eats and consumes calories. How many of them do you think can tell you exactly what a 'calorie' is??
                      True dat.
                      "You're not impressed? Are you kidding me?! Every guy that steps on that (Olympia) stage is a legend somewhere." - King Cutler

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PhysEd View Post
                          Buddhism.
                          Originally posted by Nik133

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Comment

Totally agreed..

There's a lot of things schools don't teach, the importance of coding isn't very high on that list.

Comment

No offense meant to you B, or anyone else in the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X