Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

WOW MARKUS RUHL RETIRES !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekAnthony View Post
    he didnt announce at the omlympia cause he didnt want to take away from ronnie retiring at the show! which was a true class act...
    Prob was hard for him not to tell anyone but he didn't, good man.
    2X Mr. Mississippi

Comment

HEll yeah a true freak monster...he will definitely be missed but i cant blame him for retiring. Time to move on to bigger and better things i guess.

Comment

Where is everyone getting the idea that his health was the main reason behind the decision? Did Flex W say this?

I would speculate that he doesn't see the point in competing anymore. Unless he could get his back and hams and glutes ripped, he was never going to be back in the top positions, and maybe it's just not possible for him for whatever reason.
        Muscular Development Online Editor
        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Damn I am a Ruhl forever fan, but he carried several problems that created a bad opinion among judges of IFBB, I mean he couldn't never have a controlled midsection, from 1999 to 2002 he carried awesome legs complex I mean, from hamstrings-glutes-quads and calves but they completely disappeared from 2003 to 2007, he could never match his amazing bicep peaks with his terrible triceps, he never developed great inner back and details that contributed to reduce his possibilities for winning a sandow or place higher than 5 as in 2004. I never see my dear Markus doing lunges to correct the problem or training triceps with weighted deeps but damn this is not the end, maybe he must be stressed or sad, or maybe a health issue, I don't know but his eyes looked really tired.

Comment

The size era has finished with Ronnie and Markus Retirement, because this sport is heavy heavy and ultra defined MASS BUT with lot of DETAILS and CONDITION, so Victor Martinez is the clear winner of this Olympia, but again Weider Politics in this sport (Since the 1980 Mr. Olympia or since racist policy agains Harold Poole) are creating publicity $$$$$ in favour of Jay Cutler that was OFF.

Comment

I kinda saW this coming...and good for Markus he had a great career...not only was he one of the freakiest most massive bodybuilders to ever step on stage, but he was also a crowd favorite and a very humble, funny, and down to earth guy i hope he sticks around in the sport in some capicity

RUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!

Comment

I am a Ruhl fan myself, but I think he sees the writing on the wall. Genetically, it's tough for him to compare to guys like Victor, Dexter, Wolf, Heath, etc. Why keep putting himself through the stress of contest prep?

He's married now, he has one gym and is in the process of starting up a second gym, and he continues to make a good living doing appearances in Europe and selling his DVD's. Competing doesn't make sense anymore for him. Just my two cents based on what I know.
                Muscular Development Online Editor
                FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Originally posted by Viperspit View Post
                  It's a sad day when the #1 Mass Monster retires.
                  GOOD thing to me! This marks a change of guard in builds in the sport.
                  "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

I wish you all the best Markus for whatever you will do next!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnvil View Post
                      GOOD ! Now lets hope Jay does too next. The mass monster era I think is coming to an end.
                      This is one dumbass quote, Jay is a beast and a great bodybuilder not to mention Mr. Olympia. He worked all season to get up there on the stage. What the judges decide is out of his hands, they scored him highest, I dont know why everyone on the site has the negative comments towards Jay. If anything direct them towards the judges.

Anyways back to the original subject, I am also glad that big RUHL is stepping down so he can live a long healthy life. He gave a lot to the fans.
                      Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

Ruhl is the best personality in bodybuilding and his most muscular shot will go down in bodybuilding history.

Best of luck to Markus in whatever he does next. I hope he still stays in bodybuilding in some capacity.

RUUUUUUUHHHHHHHLLLLLLLL

Comment

He mentioned in an answer to a letter in MD that he was going to start a family. BUT, he wouldn't have children till he was done with BB(atleast competing) maybe he decided now was a good time.

Comment

I heard it's because he has a bad heart now. He wants to take care of his health from here on out. Good luck Markus!

Comment

I'll miss Markus, he was one of my favorite bodybuilders and he made every show he was in exciting.
                              I min/max my physique

Comment

He prolly figured out unless a company BUYS him a "O" win like Jay he wont further himself. Sucks when companies BUY wins for people and the true winners like vic,wolf get fuck housed.

Comment

Working...
                                X