Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Is it Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Wrong?

I just had a close family member pass away in my family, all I can think about is going to the gym and training. I think it helps me cope. My wife thinks Im F****D up? Am I?

I see no reason why you can't go train. people deal with grief in different ways, who is to say your way is wrong.

Comment

I could see how she isn't so understanding, but I understand completely. Its a sanctuary, a stress relief. I think you should try to help her understand, I mean its only a few hours, there's plenty of time to take care of the formalities AND train. Sorry to hear about your loss, grieve well, train well, brother.
      As for me? I shall play the game.

Comment

I'd start worrying when you don't want to go to the gym! I know I go to the gym to cope with alot of things. When im not going to the gym that means something is seriously wrong. Your probably the same way (and so are alot of people on this board).
        http://www.facebook.com/DannyManslaughter

Comment

Are you wrong?

No.

If this is how you deal with it, then deal.

My condolensces for your loss.

Comment

nothing wrong with it at all. you just need sit down with her and explain how its a stress reliever.

Comment

whenever something bad happens all I want to do is train; and when I finally do I feel 100% better

Comment

No you are not wrong. Exercise relieves stress. You need to go. My condolences.
                Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Thanks Boys! Makes me feel alot better! I've been saying for years that I wanted to do a Level 1 show I think this year will be the year.

Comment

Maybe take her with ya to the gym and show her how it helps you. Way I see it is ya can lay around and feel sorry about things or get things done and put the sadness in the rear view mirror.
                    My condolences also.
                    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Comment

Originally posted by HoldFast View Post
                      Maybe take her with ya to the gym and show her how it helps you. Way I see it is ya can lay around and feel sorry about things or get things done and put the sadness in the rear view mirror.
                      My condolences also.
                      Agree 100% brother!!

Comment

My sympathies for your loss...but I do understand. The gym has been my sanctuary in time of loss/stress or just the need to get away from people.
                        Where do I go to get the truth .. Let just say it start with a V ... has a P ... and ends in X...

Comment

In 2001 my Dad got killed while riding a bicycle in CT on a small road. 2 teenagers found him barely alive and he was airlifted to Hartford for emergency brain surgery. He died that night. I went to be with him in his last hours. We were very close and it changed me forever. After he died at around midnight, I drove back to NYC and cried with my wife and daughter. The next morning I packed my belt, straps, wraps, chalk and everything else and went to mourn with my family in CT. I went to the gym 4x that week and it helped me deal with the loss of my father. I even cried during my workouts. Everyone in my family completely understood.

NYC BIG MIKE
                          Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

We all find different ways to cope. It's only natural. I know that when I train, that is MY time. I figure out so many things while training. I pu tmy headphones on and it's the time of day that belongs to me. It's wierd, it's like I work stuff out while focusing on my mind-muscle connection. Weight trianing is such an intrinsic thing...I think it can only help you. Just explain to her.

By the way, my condolences go out regarding your situation. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
                            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, and we've all got your back, we understand. Training's like chicken soup for the meathead soul.
                              I min/max my physique

Comment

Working...
                              X