Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My 60 year old ass, 7 1/2 weeks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Howard View Post

Yes Ben, guys like us tend to be honest judges and welcome transparency.
    However, you KNOW this isn't how things work in every contest.

Look Ben, when anyone competes you pay for your entry, fed membership, bronzer, transportation/hotel and prep expenses.
    If you get screwed, other then get upset, you don't get a dime refunded.

In my OPINION, this is why you ONLY compete in organizations / events , that are run right.
    Unless you KNOW the promoters reputation , don't do the show. It could end up being a big waste of $$ and a lot of frustration.

I got screwed once, as bad as you did at some obscure natural contest.
    It was held in this hotel ballroom at a beach resort and their obvious "favorites" won every division.
    We also paid $50 for this 5 min polygraph "drug test" , that nobody failed .
    The polygraph was given by a guy that didn't seem to know what he was doing. But he got a lot $$ from our fees LOL.

The girl who won their fitness division was horrible.
    She had visible cellulite, was flabby and her fitness routine was so bad she fell twice doing a cartwheel LOL.
    EVERY one of the 30 girls she beat, was a lot better. The guy who beat me in the "tall BB class" had skinny arms and "love handles".

Right after the awards, I quickly packed my bag and quietly started to walk out.
    The promoter told me, he wanted all the trophy winners to pose for this local "beach scene" magazine.

I firmly and calmly said ; " No Thank You, I need to leave."
    I then walked over and advised some of the fitness girls to leave and not be in the magazine photo.
    A few nodded in agreement and walked out with me and their friends.

The promoter was panicked because the magazine photographer wasn't gonna take any pics.
    He actually tried to call us back saying some lame thing about how everyone needed to be in the picture.
    We all laughed a bit, shook our heads , smiled at each other and kept on walking out.
    Hi Howard, that is an actually cool story but also very sad for our sport! You probably thought you were in some comedy movie,

were bad is good and good is bad LOL! For me there is only a Nabba and NPC show left, then I close the book forever!

Comment

I can't think of another sport where athletes don't openly question the rules and refs calls.
      In fact, EVERY judged Olympic sport displays each judges scores , after each individual performance.

I see no good reason, why the judges placements can't be shown after each round at a pro contest.

You'd think every competitor would demand fair, consistent judging after everything they put in to prep for a show.
      Well, in all sports or activities there are 2 types of people: those who only run and never reflect, and those who reflect.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

• Originally posted by ben1 View Post

Hi Howard, that is an actually cool story but also very sad for our sport! You probably thought you were in some comedy movie,

were bad is good and good is bad LOL! For me there is only a Nabba and NPC show left, then I close the book forever!
        NABBA and NPC aren't perfect but they run the best shows with some decent judging, compared to all others.
        My story comes from an experience back over 25 years ago before I hung up the trunks.
        LIke you, it was between contests I'd already entered, so I figured why not.
        To this day, I'm still amazed at how poorly it was run and how obviously biased the judging was.

I guess you feel the same way.

Just don't allow that corrupt fed , ruin your future contest experiences for you and your wife.
        In my OPINION, I wouldn't even support "other feds" by buying a ticket to see 'em.
        For me, fair judging is a lot more important then drug use or any other contest issue.
        Stick with NABBA, NPC and IFBB events and you'll be fine.

I look forward to seeing you win again at your next NABBA event.

PS/ I've been to the Muscle-mania Universe and Fitness America that's held in the Miami area each summer.
        In my OPINION, it's a total joke with terrible judging .The pro bodybuilders wear costumes and props during their routines.
        It's supposed to be " drug tested" which I prefer, but it's NOT worth all the other crap I hate seeing.

Just get on stage, judge it fair as possible and pass out the awards. Why is that so hard for some feds?
        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Hi Beti, you know that I already got rid of the 3 protein and 3 loading days since my old body did not respond to it anymore they way it did years ago. I now

did 1 protein day 2 days out and ate the day before more carbs. I also stopped HGH 3 days out for water retention. This time I did not the protein day, I just

continued my normal diet and ate more carbs the day before. I also thought that why cut the HGH out? I was not retaining water and on 0 sodium for 3 days.

So where should the water retention come from? I took HGH even 6 hours before the competition all the way through. Usually the last week I drink 10 liter

water until the day before and the last 24 hours about 1 liter until it is pump up time. This time I increased my water to 2 liter. It worked out perfectly but

literally 2 hours after the competition about at 8pm I was starting to get flooded with water under my skin but who cares at this point. You need to know

that I took some sodium starting 2 hours before the pump up.
          You know your body very well, you made important changes and improved the result.

Did you keep your 10 liters of water and reduce to 2 liters? This shows that it may not be necessary to be at 0 water, since having a reduction is enough to cause the desired effect.

Have you always kept a liter of water or have you ever been without drinking anything for 1 or 2 days? I know 30 years ago competitors did crazy things like 3 days without water.

Comment

NABBA and NPC aren't perfect but they run the best shows with some decent judging, compared to all others.
            My story comes from an experience back over 25 years ago before I hung up the trunks.
            LIke you, it was between contests I'd already entered, so I figured why not.
            To this day, I'm still amazed at how poorly it was run and how obviously biased the judging was.

I guess you feel the same way.

Just don't allow that corrupt fed , ruin your future contest experiences for you and your wife.
            In my OPINION, I wouldn't even support "other feds" by buying a ticket to see 'em.
            For me, fair judging is a lot more important then drug use or any other contest issue.
            Stick with NABBA, NPC and IFBB events and you'll be fine.

I look forward to seeing you win again at your next NABBA event.

PS/ I've been to the Muscle-mania Universe and Fitness America that's held in the Miami area each summer.
            In my OPINION, it's a total joke with terrible judging .The pro bodybuilders wear costumes and props during their routines.
            It's supposed to be " drug tested" which I prefer, but it's NOT worth all the other crap I hate seeing.

Just get on stage, judge it fair as possible and pass out the awards. Why is that so hard for some feds?
            Hi Howard, I agree with you on all points!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

You know your body very well, you made important changes and improved the result.

Did you keep your 10 liters of water and reduce to 2 liters? This shows that it may not be necessary to be at 0 water, since having a reduction is enough to cause the desired effect.

Have you always kept a liter of water or have you ever been without drinking anything for 1 or 2 days? I know 30 years ago competitors did crazy things like 3 days without water.
              Hi Beti, the last 20 years with 1 Liter, before that we did not drink for 24 hours. Once I arrived at a Worldchampionship at 23 and not much experience and they

moved the prejudging 1 day, I did not drink for 2 days and was literally dying the night before with kidney pain! Crazy times but we did not know any better.

The steroid intake was very low at the time and no diuretics! BTW I never took them or needed them anyway! The last week yes 10 Liter water daily, the

last 20 years before that just normal.

Comment

Hi Howard, I agree with you on all points!!!!
                Thanks and I'm really enjoying doing my own thing in the gym and watching others compete.
                This is an era of fun and pure enjoyment for me as a bodybuilder.

When's the next big nabba show for you in Mexico?
                I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Thanks and I'm really enjoying doing my own thing in the gym and watching others compete.
                  This is an era of fun and pure enjoyment for me as a bodybuilder.

When's the next big nabba show for you in Mexico?
                  Hi Howard, in 2 weeks, a big one! Strongman and Bodybuilding. Quali for Arnolds Classic in Ohio ( Strongman) and Mr. Southamerica.

This Mickey Mouse will be there too.

The judges already contacted me and want him to disqualify for all his insults ( Yes I have a lot of friends in Nabba) but I want to beat him.

I also just found out that this guy is not even 50 yet, so he got a gift plus he is a fraud, just a great guy!

Comment

Hi Sister, yes in 2 weeks and we all know the outcome already!
                    can't wait to see it, have fun
                    MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Hi Howard, in 2 weeks, a big one! Strongman and Bodybuilding. Quali for Arnolds Classic in Ohio ( Strongman) and Mr. Southamerica.

This Mickey Mouse will be there too.

The judges already contacted me and want him to disqualify for all his insults ( Yes I have a lot of friends in Nabba) but I want to beat him.

I also just found out that this guy is not even 50 yet, so he got a gift plus he is a fraud, just a great guy!
                      the way u talk bout this mickey mouse, u should beat him easy at the next show and i know u'll will
                      MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Hi Beti, the last 20 years with 1 Liter, before that we did not drink for 24 hours. Once I arrived at a Worldchampionship at 23 and not much experience and they

moved the prejudging 1 day, I did not drink for 2 days and was literally dying the night before with kidney pain! Crazy times but we did not know any better.

The steroid intake was very low at the time and no diuretics! BTW I never took them or needed them anyway! The last week yes 10 Liter water daily, the

last 20 years before that just normal.
                        So, do you recommend keeping a liter of water or is it sometimes better to have no water at all for the last 18 hours before a show? Do you think there would be differences? Or is it even better to have a liter of water because you will feel less dizzy and more energetic? And you will also be less hungry, because when you turn off the water you are very hungry.

It's great that you've never used diuretics, I think the ones who use it is because they're lazy and dont want do the process of drinking tons of water during peak week.

And yes, in the past competitors did crazy things, even cutting the salt for weeks and drinking distilled water. Now you don't even need to drink low sodium water.

So, in your next show will you apply the same protocol?

Comment

• Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post

the way u talk bout this mickey mouse, u should beat him easy at the next show and i know u'll will
                          Hi Sister, sorry I do not want to sound cocky or anything like that but this guy is just no competition with normal non corrupt judges!

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Beti ona View Post

So, do you recommend keeping a liter of water or is it sometimes better to have no water at all for the last 18 hours before a show? Do you think there would be differences? Or is it even better to have a liter of water because you will feel less dizzy and more energetic? And you will also be less hungry, because when you turn off the water you are very hungry.

It's great that you've never used diuretics, I think the ones who use it is because they're lazy and dont want do the process of drinking tons of water during peak week.

And yes, in the past competitors did crazy things, even cutting the salt for weeks and drinking distilled water. Now you don't even need to drink low sodium water.

So, in your next show will you apply the same protocol?
                              Hi Beti, yes you have to go high sodium all the diet and cut it all out the last 3 days and drink only sodium free water. 10 Liters the last week and yes 1 liter the last 24

hours, you need it also to flush the carbs in. I will not take sodium 2 hours before stage again, maybe 10 minutes tops. The hunger comes as soon as you increase the

carbs no matter what! Distilled water can kill you so "NEVER" do that! Other than that I will do the same!

Comment

Hi Sister, sorry I do not want to sound cocky or anything like that but this guy is just no competition with normal non corrupt judges!
                                u're fine and i totally understand
                                MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Working...
                                X