Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My 60 year old ass, 7 1/2 weeks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife today 3 days out, light last workout!

shoulder/triceps

check back

Comment

Your wife has that nice muscle shape, balance and separation. I expect her to win big in the NABBA show.
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

She looks great, what categories is she competing in, master, open? Both?
        http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
          ben1, told me that his wife is doin' Wellness and Shape, for this show comin' up. Shape is like WPD in the NPC/IFBB.
          MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post

ben1, told me that his wife is doin' Wellness and Shape, for this show comin' up. Shape is like WPD in the NPC/IFBB.
            I think shape is somewhere between figure and WPD

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
              Your wife has that nice muscle shape, balance and separation. I expect her to win big in the NABBA show.
              Hi Howard, you know, you never know!

Comment

Hi Beti, Open Wellness!

Comment

Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post

This show Wellness, next show in Italy Wellness but depending on the outcome there, we might switch to shape the next day.

Comment

I think shape is somewhere between figure and WPD
                    YES!

Comment

Originally posted by ben1 View Post

This show Wellness, next show in Italy Wellness but depending on the outcome there, we might switch to shape the next day.
                      She's an attractive lady, but in my OPINION she's perfectly suited for shape / WPD .
                      Having said THAT, I don't know what the NABBA judging criteria is for their "wellness " division.

To me, she looks like a classic female bodybuilder physique from the glory days of the 1980's

Comment

Hi Beti, Open Wellness!
                        Good luck, But she dont need.

Comment

ok, please let me know how it goes and i hope it all goes great for her and u
                          MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Ya know Ben, your blog on this comeback prep has provided me some inspiration.
                            I know that may sound contrived and sappy, but I'm being sincere. Please allow me to explain why I'm serious :

For me, the most fun, carefree days were my 4 years in the mid 1980's ( '83-'87), where I lived a hardcore bodybuilder lifestyle.
                            I worked as doorman/bouncer at a rock 'n roll club, dabbled in some vit S and trained at a no frills , hardcore gym.
                            LOL< I was "piss broke , didn't even have a checking account, and my only real concern was competing in contests.

That lifestyle abruptly ended after 4 years, when I moved to eastern Ky to finish school and start a "real" career .

Now fast fwd, 35 years later and I'm a 62 yr old retired physics teacher . I'm financially secure and married to the perfect woman ( for me).
                            I always had this deep rooted hope, that someday, I could combine a stable , secure life with a real bodybuilding lifestyle.

Now, being retired, I can FINALLY give a full time effort to my lifetime passion of bodybuilding.
                            However, I figured my age would make that lifestyle impossible...UNTIL, I read about you and your current goals.
                            You show all us , it's really possible to be a serious, hardcore bodybuilder in your 60's.

I may never compete in a big show ( like you), but your example helped motivate me to embrace the bodybuilding lifestyle again.
                            Right now, I'm VERY happy, to just diet, train and cheer on folks like you ( and your wife) in contests. For me now, it's all about being in the gym
                            and interacting with those in the contest scene.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and lifestyle .

Howard

Last edited by Howard; May 30, 2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              Ya know Ben, your blog on this comeback prep has provided me some inspiration.
                              I know that may sound contrived and sappy, but I'm being sincere. Please allow me to explain why I'm serious :

For me, the most fun, carefree days were my 4 years in the mid 1980's ( '83-'87), where I lived a hardcore bodybuilder lifestyle.
                              I worked as doorman/bouncer at a rock 'n roll club, dabbled in some vit S and trained at a no frills , hardcore gym.
                              LOL< I was "piss broke , didn't even have a checking account, and my only real concern was competing in contests.

That lifestyle abruptly ended after 4 years, when I moved to eastern Ky to finish school and start a "real" career .

Now fast fwd, 35 years later and I'm a 62 yr old retired physics teacher . I'm financially secure and married to the perfect woman ( for me).
                              I always had this deep rooted hope, that someday, I could combine a stable , secure life with a real bodybuilding lifestyle.

Now, being retired, I can FINALLY give a full time effort to my lifetime passion of bodybuilding.
                              However, I figured my age would make that lifestyle impossible...UNTIL, I read about you and your current goals.
                              You show all us , it's really possible to be a serious, hardcore bodybuilder in your 60's.

I may never compete in a big show ( like you), but your example helped motivate me to embrace the bodybuilding lifestyle again.
                              Right now, I'm VERY happy, to just diet, train and cheer on folks like you ( and your wife) in contests. For me now, it's all about being in the gym
                              and interacting with those in the contest scene.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and lifestyle .

Howard

Howard, Howard, Howard, do not make me cry my friend!!! Nothing is impossible just take your time. It took me 1 year of serious training to be where I am at today.

I am not as good and can not be as I was before but it is kinda fun. It is very tough though, do not get me wrong!!! Contest results and some pics are later

today! If you are serious you can do it too my Iron brother! I have inspired at least 5 other old school BB to think about competing again, I think that is

awesome!!!
                              Last edited by ben1; May 31, 2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

005.jpg00.jpg00007 (2)_Moment.jpg193475531_4024384177655956_1657186178499903230_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&amp;ccb=1-3&amp;_nc_sid=730e14&amp;_nc_eui2=AeHWqV4YafSS2s8CY5E4qADocsFrXFrQKkFywWtcWtAqQboHr5HdRMvoVOTe0yHA3WHEl96VRO5JYGPsJiqQpP4F&amp;_nc_ohc=6nxH6YkbXHwAX_7Ig3G&amp;_nc_ht=scontent.fgdl9 My wife and I we both won our class but no Overall. I do not understand why my wife did not win the Overall but with me I can see that it is hard to beat the young fresh guys

with nice skin and just a younger look to it. I was sick the day before and at the contest. My bile was not working right and I got bloated and could hardly eat or drink. Right after

the competition I ate some bread and my stomach was small again. I told my doc and he knew right away what was up. So at least I can take care of this issue and have no further

problems. Italy is off the table, to many unknown with the Government, the promoter can we come in without quarantine blah blah. I can not spend 4k and then we can not

compete. We figure something else out. For now next stop Master Nationals in 3 weeks. Some pics from the Overall comparison and others. The adventure continues!

Comment

Working...
                                X